• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball

turtle825

Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker!
I know, this may be a little too early to start talking about college hoops right now, especially with all of the crazy hoopla going on with NCAA and NFL football right now - but honestly, I can't help myself.

Of course, it doesn't hurt to start off the season with the '09 2K Sports Coaches Vs. Cancer tournament, featuring Syracuse, California, Ohio State, and defending champs North Carolina (let's see how Isiah Thomas' FIU squad attempts to keep UNC in check in his college coaching debut).

One prediction I shall add: the Big Ten Conference will be the top-ranked conference in RPI by the end of the regular season.

Anyone else wanna add any input of their own?

Funny thing is I was in the grocery store thumbing through the mag section and saw that yahoo sports has a NCAA BB preview mag....:confused:

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Oh hell yeah! Purdue football is over already, but I can't wait until basketball season rolls around. Your defending Big Ten Conference Tourney Champs feature Chris Kramer, Robbie Hummel, JaJuan Johnson, Keaton Grant, and Lewis (Lewjack) Jackson. The Boilers will be a preseason top 10 team this year, will win the Conference, and will advance to the Final Four. Mark it down! Boiler Up!

Wow, I was just thinking about making this thread. Mainly because of my Sooners failure in football. Nice Job. :thumbsup:

My prediction to win it all this season is Kansas. They are loaded! You know Bill Self will have a well coached defensive basketball team, but they have a lot of play-makers on offense as well. Plus, not to mention a star-studded recruiting class as well.

My Sooners also have a great class coming in, but I don't think even close to Kansas this year. Willie Warren sould have a big year though. He'll probably be a top 3 pick in the NBA draft. Just another blue chip Sooner prospect.

Boomer Sooner!

turtle825

Another note I shall add here: Andy Katz of ESPN recently wrote an article of the unfortunate passing of Samford basketball player Jim Griffin of Chicago, IL. My best wishes go to the Samford basketball program this year, and I certainly hope there is light at the end of the tunnel for them this year.

Rest in peace, Jim Griffin.

Andy Katz's blog on the terrible tragedy at Samford

My Trojans pretty much are the laughingstock of college basketball. Tim Floyd was basically Satan's Lackey and ruined the reputation of our program. We have no players on this year's roster who could start on any Pac10 team. All of our "good players" are gone.

I don't think we're going to win 5 games this season, and this will probably be my only contribution to this thread this year...:(:bawling::anonymous

turtle825

My Trojans pretty much are the laughingstock of college basketball. Tim Floyd was basically Satan's Lackey and ruined the reputation of our program. We have no players on this year's roster who could start on any Pac10 team. All of our "good players" are gone.

I don't think we're going to win 5 games this season, and this will probably be my only contribution to this thread this year...:(:bawling::anonymous

True. The Pac-10 overall doesn't look so promising this year, with the exception of Washington and California. I honestly don't see more than 4 teams punching their tickets to the Big Dance in March from the Pac-10.

turtle825

Anyone here heard about Michael Jordan's son Jeff possibly coming back to play college hoops this year? Like father, like son...

My prediction is that Michigan State will go long streches looking like a team that can not be beat. Then they will lose to two or three teams that should not even be in the same gym with them. But by the end of the season they will be a force to be reckoned with. Never count the Spartans out.

turtle825

My prediction is that Michigan State will go long streches looking like a team that can not be beat. Then they will lose to two or three teams that should not even be in the same gym with them. But by the end of the season they will be a force to be reckoned with. Never count the Spartans out.

MSU will be a loaded team for sure. There are some questions that still need to be answered: who will be that defensive stopper that can effectively replace Travis Walton's defensive prowess? Can Raymar Morgan finally breakout as a consistent key player for the Spartans? Lastly, how will Goran Suton's numbers be replaced with incumbent and newcoming Spartans on the squad? Still, I'm expecting MSU to be an elite team this year, and they do have the ingredients to make it to the Final Four.

Penn State will never do well because their players have to read, write and graduate like the other college students!

turtle825

Of course, there's the Big Ten/ACC Challenge taking place between Nov. 30 - Dec. 2 with these matchups:

Monday, Nov. 30
Penn State at Virginia

Tuesday, Dec. 1
Maryland at Indiana
Michigan State at North Carolina
Northwestern at N.C. State
Virginia Tech at Iowa
Wake Forest at Purdue

Wednesday, Dec. 2
Boston College at Michigan
Duke at Wisconsin
Florida State at Ohio State
Illinois at Clemson
Minnesota at Miami

Should be a good competition for these games in general, for sure.

turtle825

Can't wait to see the Kentucky Wildcats team play with that Recruiting Class of theirs.

Kentucky will have a plenty of ammo this year; if Jodie Meeks opted to stay, there is no doubt in my mind Kentucky would be the top-ranked team in the polls today. Still, the Calipari-coached team should be major contenders for the national title this year.

turtle825

One other conference run I'm looking forward to is the Missouri Valley Conference (go ahead, laugh). Plenty of decent star power to go around in the conference, especially with Osiris Eldridge of Illinois State being a leading candidate for MVC player of the year. Even so, with Northern Iowa returning all five starters from last year, I'm penciling them as the favorites to win the MVC. Creighton and Illinois State are other teams that people should look out for, too. Southern Illinois looks like a sleeper team from the MVC.

turtle825

Well, it's official: Michael's son Jeff Jordan will return to play college hoops for Illinois this year, though he won't be anymore than a defensive role player for the Illini this year.

jasonk282

Banned
I am sure my beloved Pitt panthers will make a strong run this year and then choke in either the sweet 16 or elite 8 like every other year.

The Big East is by far the best conference in the nation in Basketball, then the ACC and Big 10.