• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2008 MLB Thread

Or he may have done the same thing to his NLCS cap. If he did not get caught then, he would have done the same thing. I do think there is a possibility that he kept the same cap, but even if it is the same cap, I do not see how wear and tear can create a sheen like that stain had.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
They do indeed give them new caps. If you'll notice right after the LCS clinching games they will wear the hats with the World Series logos on them during the celebrations instead of the championship hats. This was a flat out lie by him. Kinda reminds me of the "dirt" that was on Kenny Rogers hand that year in the playoffs.

Yes, they may get new caps, but they don't have to wear them. They can request to have the logo sewn into their existing hat.

Just look at the uniforms themselves. Yes, they may get new uniforms before the World Series, but those aren't necessarily brand new uniforms that each player is wearing. Some of them (and I would assume most of them) are existing uniforms that have had the World Series logo sewn onto them.

Do you think they get brand new uniforms for every single game, every regular season series or every playoff series? No, they don't. They have a few sets of uniforms and that's it. After each game, the player's uniforms are washed and handed back to them. Some players rotate their uniforms, some don't. The same goes for hats and batting helmets. They have a few of each and that's it. Baseball players, once again, are extremely superstitious and like to keep routine. That includes wearing the same hat all year long, which is something that 99.9999% of MLB players do.

Or he may have done the same thing to his NLCS cap. If he did not get caught then, he would have done the same thing. I do think there is a possibility that he kept the same cap, but even if it is the same cap, I do not see how wear and tear can create a sheen like that stain had.

I did some investigating of my own and I've come to the conclustion that the spot on Joe Blanton's hat was nothing of concern, as he has had that spot even before he was a member of the Phillies.

Picture #1
Picture #2
Picture #3

I don't have the best photo editing program, but I did the best I could with the enlarging. :dunno:

I hate the Phillies.

Well said.

I highly doubt Blanton was cheating just for the simple fact that it would have been extremely obvious. Why would he risk such obvious cheating on baseball's biggest stage? If he wanted to cheat he would have hid it a little bit better.

As for the world series, not one of my favorites. I hate the Phillies and the umping was not the best. With that being said it was a little bit better then watching Boston sweep again. (Allthough I would have liked to sweep the Phillies)

I think what made this WS so boring was the fact that none of the stars from either team did anything spectacular. If you look, it was Werth driving in Jenkins, Roco Baldelli solo shot, and then Feliz driving in Burrell.

I wonder who is going to get the MVP?

ChefChiTown

I'm just glad the Rays lost. Now I don't have to listen to their fair-weather, jackass fans talk shit anymore. PHEW, thank God that's over with.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Anyway, now that my Jays are out, I guess I have to pick another team... And since St Louis isn't in, I'll go with Philly.

Holy shit, a team I called actually won for once!

Congrats Philly!

Congrats Phillies and Phillie Fanatics everywhere! You were the better team and deserved the championship.

I was very impressed with the Rays, but they looked "tapped" during the ALCS and basically had nothing left in the tank.

This was, in some ways, the most forgettable series since the All NYC affair several years ago. Politics and the shitty economy has trumped sports. I'm glad this series is over.

I think the Rays are the favs for the AL next season (assuming they keep their team intact). I don't see Boston coming back. Too many old stars (Tek, Schill, Wakefield, Lowell) to replace and a decision has to be made regarding Papi. Does he have anything left in the tank or is he washed up?

The yankees will never win anything as long as they have ARod. That is a fact. It doesn't matter who they throw money at.

If the Mets dump Pedro and sign CC...hmmm. They might be the frontrunners next season.

member979979

Closed Account
Baseball is pretty unsportsmanlike. In NHL, the winning team shakes hands with the losing team. But in baseball the losers just sit in their bench crying and then walk of to their locker room.

ChefChiTown

Baseball is pretty unsportsmanlike. In NHL, the winning team shakes hands with the losing team. But in baseball the losers just sit in their bench crying and then walk of to their locker room.

I've always hated that about Major League Baseball. Is it really that hard to walk 25 feet to congratulate the other team for winning? I mean, they did it while they were kids on a constant basis...why is it so hard when they're adults? :dunno:

I would shake hands, I know that much.

Sportsmanship is non-existent in any professional sport. I only hope we can still find it in amateur sports. I don't see too much congratulations after college football games anymore (especially when there's been a huge upset).

I've always hated that about Major League Baseball. Is it really that hard to walk 25 feet to congratulate the other team for winning? I mean, they did it while they were kids on a constant basis...why is it so hard when they're adults? :dunno:

I would shake hands, I know that much.

Young kids also dont get into brawls on the field or charge the mound when hit by a pitch :1orglaugh

That would be an akward situation. I think it would set a good example for young kids, but dont think the adult players would like it.

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so own this as a lifelong Philly area Philly fan kind of guy. Being part of that whole generation that didn't see a Championship til now. My life is complete.

It's too bad about the Cubs this year. I guess another 100 year wait is in order. Plus neither the Yankees or the Red Sox won so that is a little plus.