• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2008 MLB Thread

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
If this game wasn't a "deciding" game in the WORLD SERIES, they wouldn't be playing in this weather right now.

I live about a mile from the Phillie's ballpark and its raining hard, windy and 40 degrees. Not good baseball weather.

This is some of the worst umpiring I have seen throughout the entire series. They have blown so many calls and tonight's home plate umpire is just as bad as this weather.

If the Rays have been hustling all game, this would be tied right now. Crawford should have run out that liner, Pena should have hustled out of the box on his double, and Baldelli should have been on 2nd on the pop-up Rollins "dropped".

This is aggravating to watch right now. If the Rays do take this game, momentum shifts back and anything can happen.

I just wish the umps were getting their shit straight and I know the Phillies have had some calls go against them as well...but

ChefChiTown

If the Rays do take this game, momentum shifts back and anything can happen.

I'm going to disagree with you. The Rays have absolutely no momentum and even if they manage to come out with a victory tonight, the Phillies will still have all of the momentum.

Being down 3-1 in a series takes away any momentum that you could possibly have. Being down 3-2 in a series doesn't give you any momentum either.

I'm going to disagree with you. The Rays have absolutely no momentum and even if they manage to come out with a victory tonight, the Phillies will still have all of the momentum.

Being down 3-1 in a series takes away any momentum that you could possibly have. Being down 3-2 in a series doesn't give you any momentum either.

If they win a close game 4 to 2 or something then I think it will be a neutral going into the next game.

If the Rays win on a walk off or unleash their bats they will have a bunch of momentum.

ChefChiTown

If they win a close game 4 to 2 or something then I think it will be a neutral going into the next game.

If the Rays win on a walk off or unleash their bats they will have a bunch of momentum.

Well, they can't win on a walk off when they're the away team, but I also doubt that they're going to put up a large number of runs...especially in this shitty weather. Shit, I'm surprised both teams have managed to get 2 runs a piece at this point.

ChefChiTown

I was watching MNF for a little bit, but when I turned back to Fox, the game...wasn't...on? :dunno:

Did they call it?

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I never in my life thought it would rain that bad in Philly. Holy shit. That was bloody miserable.

And apparently it is going to be worse tomorrow. Goddamn it. Just let the Phillies win already...

Well, they can't win on a walk off when they're the away team, but I also doubt that they're going to put up a large number of runs...especially in this shitty weather. Shit, I'm surprised both teams have managed to get 2 runs a piece at this point.

duh...im a dumbass lol.

Yeah it would have been tough with the weather. I think the umps and ol' Bud were hoping for Tampa to tie the game so they could call it.

Anyways, I think I give Tampa the slight edge from here on out. They did the hard part and got Hamels out of the game.

By the way, did anyone see that bunt attempt? Right off his fingers :eek: I was suprised he could still pitch.

Baseball needs to become more like football. Unless there is lightning or something else that is dangerous or the rain is at the point of being torrential they should play through it no matter what. It's a lot simpler that way.

ChefChiTown

I was just thinking about this for some reason...

I stated before that if the Rays lost this series, they would instantly be forgotten and be immediately thrown back into the "you suck" category. Personally, I think this suspended World Series game just helped to prevent that from happening. No matter what the outcome of the series is, either winner's victory will be "tainted", to a certain degree, in everybody's mind.

If the Phillies win, they will get credit, but not as much as they deserve. The suspension of game 5 will just "get in the way" of the momentum that the Phillies had; both with the team and with the fans alike. If the Phillies win, people will probably just have a very "blah" attitude about it, as the suspension, in most people's minds, did nothing but delay the inevitable. So, we've all been sitting here for two days just waiting and waiting and waiting for this to happen. Boring.

If the Rays win, they won't get any credit. The weather will be given all of the credit, as the suspension of game 5 due to rain will be viewed as the sole reason the Rays won. People will sit back and think about how the Rays had "no chance" up until the rains started to fall. Even if the Rays pull a miraculous comeback and take the next 3 games in the series to come out on top...nobody will care. Why? Because of the game 5 suspension.

:2 cents:

Baseball needs to become more like football. Unless there is lightning or something else that is dangerous or the rain is at the point of being torrential they should play through it no matter what. It's a lot simpler that way.

It was dangerous for them to be out there.

A baseball moves a lot faster and is a lot harder then a football. Its tough enough to see a little white ball flying through the air let alone in the pouring rain and ridiculous winds.

For one of the few times I actually agree with you ChefChiTown.

I think that this has tarnished the outcome no matter what happens.

One thing that I am surprised no one has mentioned, even the media to some degree is that issue with Blanton's cap.

The whole game I am sitting there watching him rub that black, greasy, pine tar looking stain...between almost every pitch the guy was rubbing that spot. He was asked about it in the post game interview. Although his response made sense to me at first, I was skeptical with how he addressed the question and Charlie Manuel made me even more suspicious.

Today, I realized something that probably puts Blanton in a lie. His exact answer to the question was that it was just a stain from rubbing the cap all the time and it was the same cap he has had all year (he has only been with the Phillies for a couple of months). Then Charlie Manuel said, yeah, all players have habits....but I have never seen a hat with a greasy wet pine tar stain on it. Here is the clincher though

Do you really think Blanton sent his cap out to get the World Series emblem sewn on it....I think they probably just give all the players new caps with the World Series logo embroidered on it. If this is the case - Blanton you lied and you got caught brother. Karma is a bitch.

For one of the few times I actually agree with you ChefChiTown.

I think that this has tarnished the outcome no matter what happens.

One thing that I am surprised no one has mentioned, even the media to some degree is that issue with Blanton's cap.

The whole game I am sitting there watching him rub that black, greasy, pine tar looking stain...between almost every pitch the guy was rubbing that spot. He was asked about it in the post game interview. Although his response made sense to me at first, I was skeptical with how he addressed the question and Charlie Manuel made me even more suspicious.

Today, I realized something that probably puts Blanton in a lie. His exact answer to the question was that it was just a stain from rubbing the cap all the time and it was the same cap he has had all year (he has only been with the Phillies for a couple of months). Then Charlie Manuel said, yeah, all players have habits....but I have never seen a hat with a greasy wet pine tar stain on it. Here is the clincher though

Do you really think Blanton sent his cap out to get the World Series emblem sewn on it....I think they probably just give all the players new caps with the World Series logo embroidered on it. If this is the case - Blanton you lied and you got caught brother. Karma is a bitch.

They do indeed give them new caps. If you'll notice right after the LCS clinching games they will wear the hats with the World Series logos on them during the celebrations instead of the championship hats. This was a flat out lie by him. Kinda reminds me of the "dirt" that was on Kenny Rogers hand that year in the playoffs.

ChefChiTown

Baseball players are the most superstitious mother fuckers that walk the face of the earth, so...yes, I think he has worn the same hat ever since he's been a Philly.

Television close-ups of Blanton revealed some sort of dark spot on the cap. A similar spot was visible on the bill of Blanton's cap during the National League Championship Series.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081026&content_id=3646145&vkey=news_tb&fext=.jsp&c_id=tb

The NLCS happened before the World Series emblem would've appeared on his hat and his brim already had dark spot on it. :dunno:

Oh, and the Phillies got Blanton all the way back in July. That's 3, almost 4, full months of wear and tear on his hat.