• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Your favorite cancelled TV shows

Star Trek hasn't been on from the 60's. The original series was cancelled 1966 - 69.

When I say that Star Trek has been on since the 60's, I meant also in syndication. I had been watching the original a long ass time before TNG ever came out. They were showing reruns here in Chicago for a long time, and I'm sure in a lot of other places as well.So yes my statement is somewhat true.

Hi all. Im fairly new to the forums and I figured this was as good a thread as any to jump in on.

I can easily say without a doubt my favorite cancelled show is Twin Peaks.

Also, in my opinion Lost fans should take heed of the cause of Twin Peaks' untimely demise. Some fans of Twin Peaks became discouraged with a lack of answers and the network forced the creators to reveal them before they were ready. Once everyone knew who had killed Laura Palmer there wasnt much of a show. By the time the writers had created a new mystery to engage viewers numbers had greatly fallen and the show was cancelled.

As far as Im concerned Twin Peaks was one of the most innovative shows to ever appear on telivision.

babylon 5
firefly (still dont know why it didnt make it through a full season)
Transformers (the origional...all others sucked ass)
GI Joe (see transformers)

babylon 5
firefly (still dont know why it didnt make it through a full season)
Transformers (the origional...all others sucked ass)
GI Joe (see transformers)

looking at your sig reminded me of george carlin's sitcom on fox more than a decade ago. man i hope youtube has some videos.

Neither of these was cancelled, just finished.

Same with these too.

Again just because a show goes off air. Doesn't mean it was cancelled.

Actually The Avengers was canceled after they were up against Laugh-In. Poor ratings followed. The New Avenger had 3 more episodes filmed in Canada that were never seen or aired, thus canceled. :hatsoff:

I forgot the name of the show, but it was about a police detective, i think thats what he was, that got sent to work in london. I like it, killed some time, but after a few episodes it got cancelled.

"Get a Life"-it was a comedy on Fox around 1990 that didn't last very long. It starred Chris Elliott and was strange and pointless, yet it was funny and I loved it. I knew it wouldn't last very long because it was close to last in the ratings, but I loved it while it lasted.

square1. i love math. when i was a kid, i hated homework. i would watch this instead. i also loved where in the world is carmen sandiego. minus the guys who would sing. every day from 4-5 pm my tv was on pbs. :yesyes:

Thank goodness for FX and the Shield.

Zell, do you know what's going on with The Shield? I was just going to post here how I was afraid that it's been cancelled because it hasn't come back, and last season ended so long ago. If you have any information on it, I'd really appreciate you sharing it with me.

Oh man, I remember Automan, but just barely, I was very young. I would do everything I could to get to stay up past my bedtime when it would come on! You must be an old fella to pull this one out! :1orglaugh

Anyone remember "Titus" I thought it was a good show not the worst and not the best, but it was 30 minutes of laughs and entertainment

I loved Titus! It was just about my favorite show on TV when it was on. I was very disappointed when it got cancelled

For me, there was a show on NBC, several years ago, called Kingpin about a family involved in the South American drug trade that I really enjoyed. I really like the crime dramas, and anything that's not just another doctor/lawyer/cop show, and this was a good one, but it didn't make it past its first season.

Rorys

Closed Account
Method and Red!Are you kidding!They didn't even like the show why would anyone else. To each his own,I guess.

And to all the Seinfeld fans out there,are you really sad that the show ended.Hey look, I'm one of the biggest fans of the show but i have to admit that they ended at the right time.Do you really want a show to go until it's not funny anymore.They did the right thing and ended it after 9 years and when it was still funny.

hehe I thought it was ok.. Just something else.. didn't know that even they didn't like it :eek:

And your right about Seinfeld, just too bad it HAD to end but thats it.. good decision indeed, it was a great show..

Rorys

Closed Account
Zell, do you know what's going on with The Shield? I was just going to post here how I was afraid that it's been cancelled because it hasn't come back, and last season ended so long ago. If you have any information on it, I'd really appreciate you sharing it with me.

Season 6 is scheduled to start showing on FX on April 3, 2007, after the initial run of the new FX series, Dirt. Creator Shawn Ryan had previously stated this may be the last season, but on June 5, 2006 FX announced The Shield has been renewed for a seventh and final season.

hehe I thought it was ok.. Just something else.. didn't know that even they didn't like it :eek:

Yeah. They were pissed off the way Fox were presenting them.Don't really know what they were thinking. They looked like the new Kid 'n Play imo.I think they realized that their credibility was going right out the window so they got the fuck out as fast as possible.

That happens a lot now in the UK.

South Park was taken from Sky because of their poor handling of the show. Often just putting on whenever and where ever they wanted too. As now its on Paramount Comedy at a regular slot and time, as they promised. They even bided less than Sky for the rights. But it was the better promised handling that got them the show.

This was also the case with Alias. Even though Sky excuse was it got poor viewing figures. But it was pulling in average for there shows in the same time slot. It moved to Bravo who did a major job promoting and billing.

Is this the way of future TV. The major company that treats it like something they've stepped in. Losing out to the smaller company who's willing to go that extra yard with a program.

I've got another one, although I don't know if it can officially be called cancelled.
Invader Zim.
Amidst all of the Ren & Stimpy rip-offs and cartoon that just intentionally try to be weird for no apparent reason,Invader Zim was the only one that cracked me up every time.I really do miss it.:weeping:

Season 6 is scheduled to start showing on FX on April 3, 2007, after the initial run of the new FX series, Dirt. Creator Shawn Ryan had previously stated this may be the last season, but on June 5, 2006 FX announced The Shield has been renewed for a seventh and final season.

Thanks rorys. It's been so long since last season ended that I was sure it wasn't coming back. That really would have sucked the way they left it at the end of last season. This, in my opinion, is one of the best shows ever on television.

You'll probably won't know because it's Quebecer shows (Les bougons and Rock & Belles Oreilles). Also, I'm glad that there is still The Simpsons.