• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Yea or Nay: Legalize Marijuana (Prop 19 in CA)

Legalize Marijuana?

• Yea

Votes: 57 86.4%
  • Nay

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
People keep bringing up second-place drugs.

Imagine the mayhem in bureaus all over the country if coffee would be outlawed.

Imagine all those kids and housewives wreaking havoc because candy and chocolate are forbidden.

All psychoactive substances.

Legalize dope :2 cents:

racerXf1:
I cant imagine all the stoners driving around....just think how many more accidents will happen & how much our car insurance will be.

Just think how many more accidents happen when you don't research your opinions. Did you know—I bet you don't—that you are wrong?

Subjects exhibit virtually identical psychomotor skills on a battery of driving simulator tests prior to and shortly after smoking marijuana, according to clinical trial data published in the March issue of the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs.

Investigators from Hartford Hospital in Connecticut and the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine assessed the simulated driving performance of 85 subjects in a double-blind, placebo controlled trial. Volunteers responded to various simulated events associated with automobile crash risk — such as avoiding a driver who was entering an intersection illegally, deciding to stop or go through a changing traffic light, responding to the presence of emergency vehicles, avoiding colliding with a dog who entered into traffic, and maintaining safe driving during a secondary (in-the-car) auditory distraction. Subjects performed the tests sober and then again 30 minutes after smoking a single marijuana cigarette containing either 2.9 percent THC or zero THC (placebo). Investigators reported that volunteers performed virtually the same after smoking cannabis as they did sober and/or after consuming a placebo. "No differences were found during the baseline driving segment (and the) collision avoidance scenarios," authors reported.Investigators did note, "Participants receiving active marijuana decreased their speed more so than those receiving placebo cigarette during (the) distracted section of the drive." Authors hypothesized that subjects' reduction in speed on this task suggested that they may have been compensating for perceived impairment. "[N]o other changes in driving performance were found," researchers concluded.
http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=8197
Fact: There is no compelling evidence that marijuana contributes substantially to traffic accidents and fatalities. At some doses, marijuana affects perception and psychomotor performances- changes which could impair driving ability. However, in driving studies, marijuana produces little or no car-handling impairment- consistently less than produced by low moderate doses of alcohol and many legal medications. In contrast to alcohol, which tends to increase risky driving practices, marijuana tends to make subjects more cautious. Surveys of fatally injured drivers show that when THC is detected in the blood, alcohol is almost always detected as well. For some individuals, marijuana may play a role in bad driving. The overall rate of highway accidents appears not to be significantly affected by marijuana's widespread use in society.
http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/#accidents

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
Half of British politicians have admitted smoking it. Probably most of the rest have too. Just a pity they haven't got the guts to decriminalise it.:confused:

If British politicians do something then the chances are it shouldn't be done. *reconsiders vote*

it really is funny..one night i seen on tv where they busted these two kids with weed on cops..took them to jail..then..the first commercial that came on after it was this girls gone wild shit trying to sell naked videos of teenage girls that you cant prove by me that they are all old enough..now thats fucked up when you think about it

Shut up and strip, biatch. ;)

We're glad you live there, too! Everyone's happy.

:clap:

Make it legal and let's go get stoned.

Here here...

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
If it legalized, more people will use it & more will abuse it & more ppl will be addicted. Its sort of like if the highway patrol stopped enforcing the speed limit, do u think more people will speed & go over 90 mph?
Of course they will.
I cant imagine all the stoners driving around....just think how many more accidents will happen & how much our car insurance will be.......
will they let all the people that are in jail out that are in there on pot related offences?..........

:facepalm: Staements like this are the problem. Ignorance isn't bliss....it's simply ignorance. :rolleyes:

Of course it should be legalized,as far as things people could take pot is one of the least dangerous.And like prohibition the war on drugs has been an utter failure.

As to the idea pot use would increase if legalized I am not so sure we know the answer to that.In amsterdam which has places you can go and smoke the majoirity of people in them are tourists from what I have heard as the locals have lost interest in it.Pot being illegal is one of the reasons people want to do it,it's been part of teenage rebellion since the 60's.Once it was legal a big part of the being bad and cool attraction would be lost.Also you often here pot is a gateway drug,the only reason that is true is that since it's illegal the same people selling pot have harder stuff to sell.If pot was sold legally that would be gone.

Personally I am against all the drug laws as far as they pertain to adults.If people want to do these things they will and making them illegal just makes gangsters rich as it did for Al Capone when we tried prohibiting alcohol.

Explain why they would go out of business?

If production, distribution and pricing are regulated by either private enterprise or, most likely, government, the "underground" or what would currently be considered the "illegal" market would no longer be profitable. Not to mention the fact that if weed were legal, private citizens would, reason would dictate, be able to grow a certain amount themselves. The supply, both privately and publicly, would be so great that prices would be so low that it wouldn't be profitable for "drug dealers" to sell it anymore.

That's not true. Dealers usually get deals for buying in bulk, legalization will only make it cheaper and easier to get deals from growers/various other sources. People will still buy from dealers if it's cheaper. Store bought 8ths will probably be around $60-$80, when most people can get the same amount and quality for $40 from a dealer.

Yes, legalize ALL drugs all across the board

Hells yeah let's legalize weed.

Dispensaries wouldn't go out of business but the market price of weed will precipitously drop. Most stoners will still buy their weed because most people don't have the time and expertise to grow their own, just as we have grocery stores because few people care to grow their own vegetables.

There are stoners against Prop 19 because it criminalizes possession for minors under the age of 21, for smoking in the presence of minors, and for smoking in public. These are people living in a dream utopia where weed should be legalized but dare not regulated. There are also stoners who want weed to remain illegal because it wouldn't be cool if everyone could do it. I think they are idiots.

Well, dispensaries are already legal. I was more referring to the kid down the street selling dope. It just wouldn't be profitable to sell something that is already legal. It would basically be like someone trying to sell "black market" beer or something similar. It just would be a waste of time.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
They could ban nicotine and alcohol and I wouldn't give a shit because I'm smart enough not to ingest fucking poison. I don't use marijuana and they can legalize it and I wouldn't give a shit because I'm smart enough not to fuck with that shit, either.

People that support banning shit are liberal fucktard facists. People that support anarchy aren't capable of living in a society of laws and will eventually have a prison cell for a house.

Anyone reading this post and gets mad could do with a session of self-reflection.

I think the prices drops will depend largely on the strain, with the most produced strains being the cheaper. It would also vary depending on quality, amounts of THC, etc. But overall, yes the prices would drop significantly until they tax the living crap out of it.

The only way Joe the Dealer is going to keep slinging his stuff, is if it is a rare strain or some really bomb ass weed. Otherwise, yeah, it would be like buying beer at a warehouse store and trying to sell it to your neighbors for a slight profit. Just not worth it.

They could ban nicotine and alcohol and I wouldn't give a shit because I'm smart enough not to ingest fucking poison. I don't use marijuana and they can legalize it and I wouldn't give a shit because I'm smart enough not to fuck with that shit, either.
I smoke weed everyday and I AM SMARTER THAN YOU. :cool:

On the tracks.
People that support banning shit are liberal fucktard facists.

Off the tracks. Are there any dictionaries in your area code? There couldn't be a bigger oxymoron than what you just said.

Though progressives and conservatives might, why would a "liberal" be against a person's right to do what they felt was in their interests?

People that support banning shit are liberal fucktard facists.

Okay the fucktard and facists part I can probably agree with... But liberals in general supporting banning marijuana?!? I don't think so.

I'm not going to get into a liberal vs. conservative shouting match, but it is typically a liberal congressman (Barney Frank) that introduces a bill to decriminalize marijuana, but it gets voted down mainly by most conservative and some pussy-footing liberal congressmen. So in a way I think you are part right, since liberals have controlled congress over the last several years. But overall I think it is the conservatives that are the main ones keeping things illegal.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Anyone reading this post and gets mad could do with a session of self-reflection.

This.

Was making an inductive argument against people who claim to be conservative but call for bans on things like weed.

pete rose, I'm sure you're smart. You know that smoking weed isn't.

I think it should be. The 'its a drug and bad for you' is crap. Cigarettes and alcohol do far worse to people. Under the reasons most have for why pot should be kept illegal would flip out if the same arguments were used(and they could be) for their very important booze or their precious cancer sticks.