• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Yea or Nay: Legalize Marijuana (Prop 19 in CA)

Legalize Marijuana?

• Yea

Votes: 57 86.4%
  • Nay

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters
No.

Marijuana is a DRUG. Final
One that has never killed a single person. It's not a drug, it's an herb/flower/leaf/shitty hemp shirt.

There is no basis for keeping something like marijuana illegal when alcohol and cigarettes are legal.

They should tear this proposition up and make the feds lift the ban on it.

I obviously agree that it should be legalized on the federal level. Unfortunately a bill like this gets introduced just about every year to just get voted down. Barney Frank's most recent bill would eliminate federal penalties for personal possession of less than 100 grams of marijuana. It would also make the penalty for using marijuana in public just $100.

But like I said it keeps getting voted down by congressmen scared of repercusions come election time. So unfortunately the only way to get there is by getting the people's vote, state by state... until we can finally have enough backing to sway the feds to vote our way.

I like your gusto though :thumbsup:

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
I'm glad that I live in a state where something like this will never pass. I don't give a fuck what they do in California.

The only people in this state that are against this proposition are people who sell weed... if it passes, they go out of business.

I hope it's legalized just so all the potheads can shut the fuck up already. Although I'm sure they'd find something else to complain about.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Asshole Conservatives. Legalize it.:facepalm:

The only people in this state that are against this proposition are people who sell weed... if it passes, they go out of business.

Explain why they would go out of business?

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
stdiva;4976750 [b said:
i hope it's legalized just so all the potheads can shut the fuck up already. [/b]although i'm sure they'd find something else to complain about.

This!!!

Hells yeah let's legalize weed.

Dispensaries wouldn't go out of business but the market price of weed will precipitously drop. Most stoners will still buy their weed because most people don't have the time and expertise to grow their own, just as we have grocery stores because few people care to grow their own vegetables.

There are stoners against Prop 19 because it criminalizes possession for minors under the age of 21, for smoking in the presence of minors, and for smoking in public. These are people living in a dream utopia where weed should be legalized but dare not regulated. There are also stoners who want weed to remain illegal because it wouldn't be cool if everyone could do it. I think they are idiots.

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
The problem that arises with legalizing marijuana is that while it may be legal under local governments, it still would be classified as a Schedule l drug at the federal level, which creates new problems on state/country regulation. Medical marijuana is still greatly debated, with a little more than a handful of states declaring it legal. People make the argument on both sides how legalization/regulation of it can either reduce/increase the usage of other drugs, crime, and economics, which is just asinine because many of the same things can and have been said about cigarettes and alcohol.

To declare cigarettes and alcohol legal while declaring marijuana illegal is foolish on many levels. To denounce the effect(s) that it has on people, while looking the other way with other drugs, is extremely close-minded. The after-effects of both cigarettes and alcohol have been studied and proven to last longer upon the human body than marijuana, and yet you can buy either of them at as young an age as 18 (legally).

I'm not necessarily for or against Prop 19. I admit that I've smoked weed before, it's not something that I really enjoyed or care about, but it's pleasurable every once in awhile (more often for others). I believe that it's something that could be introduced into society, if people stopped drinking, smoking, and pulled their heads out of their asses to have an open mind.

*steps off soapbox*

I voted no. The last thing we need is to legalize that shit so more people think it is ok to smoke up. The second we legalize it we'll have pot stores at every corner. Look at California and whats happened since medical marijuana became legal. I don't want a bunch of pot stores in my town.

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
I voted no. The last thing we need is to legalize that shit so more people think it is ok to smoke up. The second we legalize it we'll have pot stores at every corner. Look at California and whats happened since medical marijuana became legal. I don't want a bunch of pot stores in my town.

You must not be a fan of Pottery Barn then.

Well, get the hell of out Philly. Pot is necessary vitamin.

If it legalized, more people will use it & more will abuse it & more ppl will be addicted. Its sort of like if the highway patrol stopped enforcing the speed limit, do u think more people will speed & go over 90 mph?
Of course they will.
I cant imagine all the stoners driving around....just think how many more accidents will happen & how much our car insurance will be.......
will they let all the people that are in jail out that are in there on pot related offences?..........

ForumModeregulator

Believer In GregCentauro
If it legalized, more people will use it & more will abuse it & more ppl will be addicted. Its sort of like if the highway patrol stopped enforcing the speed limit, do u think more people will speed & go over 90 mph?
Of course they will.
I cant imagine all the stoners driving around....just think how many more accidents will happen & how much our car insurance will be.......
will they let all the people that are in jail out that are in there on pot related offences?..........

More usage? Yes, that can't be denied. Addiction however is a different ball game...Marijuana is not physically addicting. You can develop a mental addiction/habituation but there are no withdrawal or physical addiction associated with pot to my knowledge.

I dont see a huge increase in traffic related deaths, because impaired driving is already a problem as is...To me its the same principle if you decide to take a drug or start drinking, you should be responsible enough to know when not to get behind the wheel and endanger lives. YES, stoners have brains and are responsible !! what a shocker...