• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
This week's Raw didn't have as many promos. It had more matches. This is an example of a good week, in my opinion.

I was (p)syched to see Sycho Sid. I haven't seen him in a wrestling ring since his freak injury in WCW. The botched top rope move that caused his leg to turn unnaturally. Horrible to watch. His legs seemed fine tonight, which is good. He didn't seem stiff, at least no more than he ever was, and that's pretty good considering he's older.
You know, he was one of the first people I ever saw do the fist bump. You see him do that with people in the crowd, something he did back in the day. The difference is that he does it in a badass way, unlike most dorks who limpwrist it.
I liked the Ziggler/Del Rio match, and it was good to hear the "Let's go Ziggler" chants. His following has been growing more every week. It's just too bad they had to have Sheamus interrupt. As soon as his music hit, I said "Oh, come on!". It was actually exciting to watch until he came out and Buzz Killington'ed it.
AJ.....AJ.....AJ....yeah.....I want to tear those shorts off her and nail her against the wall.
I have to admit something. I was actually digging Vickie in the one-piece swimsuit. They all looked damn good. Layla in the bikini with boots, hell yeah. AJ's still my favorite, though.

I really don't think that's accurate, as far as it being moreso back then than now. There were many promos, but less so by comparison to today. They didn't take up over half of the show. If it seemed like more of a promo circus in hindsight, it could be because they were more memorable segments. Also, maybe there wouldn't be such protest about today's abundance of promos if more of them were exciting to watch.

...and yeah, the Cyndi Lauper / Wendy Richter segment was so bad that I kept changing the channel because I felt so uncomfortable watching it. Even Piper couldn't resuscitate it. You're right about some things being too far in the past to dig back up. It's one thing to show a quick video on the Titantron and introduce them as the guest bell ringer or whatever, but don't give them a microphone. Kinda like in baseball when a HoF'er throws in the first pitch. Half of the people don't know who he is, but he just goes out there, does one quick thing, tips his hat to the crowd and goes away.

I'm sure you know more about this than me, since I didn't actually watch during 1999. I've just seen several episodes of Raw from that year, and very rarely did a match go over 5 minutes. It also seemed more common back then for guys to cut promos before their matches to get the crowd riled up. Guys like Road Dogg did that a lot. Once Vince Russo left in late 1999 and guys like Chris Jericho and Eddie Gurrero came into the fold, I notice an increase in actual wrestling on the shows. And no doubt about it, guys like Austin, The Rock and Vince McMahon could cut 15+ minute promos far better than guys like John Cena and John Laryngitis.

This week's Raw didn't have as many promos. It had more matches. This is an example of a good week, in my opinion.

I was (p)syched to see Sycho Sid. I haven't seen him in a wrestling ring since his freak injury in WCW. The botched top rope move that caused his leg to turn unnaturally. Horrible to watch. His legs seemed fine tonight, which is good. He didn't seem stiff, at least no more than he ever was, and that's pretty good considering he's older.
You know, he was one of the first people I ever saw do the fist bump. You see him do that with people in the crowd, something he did back in the day. The difference is that he does it in a badass way, unlike most dorks who limpwrist it.
I liked the Ziggler/Del Rio match, and it was good to hear the "Let's go Ziggler" chants. His following has been growing more every week. It's just too bad they had to have Sheamus interrupt. As soon as his music hit, I said "Oh, come on!". It was actually exciting to watch until he came out and Buzz Killington'ed it.
AJ.....AJ.....AJ....yeah.....I want to tear those shorts off her and nail her against the wall.
I have to admit something. I was actually digging Vickie in the one-piece swimsuit. They all looked damn good. Layla in the bikini with boots, hell yeah. AJ's still my favorite, though.

I digged seeing Sycho Sid as well. Hard to believe it had been 15 years since he was last on Raw. As for the divas, anytime I get to see Layla in a pink bikini is a good day for me. I just really miss Eve.

HOLY FUCK! :eek: when AJ almost got thrown out,rolled back in under the ropes and was in the doggy style position with her ass and pussy just big and open....:rubbel:

just before the main event-my cable provider (comcast in NJ) ran a WWE house show commercial for Sept.22? in white plain NY?
where the commercial announcer said John Laurinitis has to full-fill his contractual obligations and compete in a pre-sign match where he would be in a handicap match with Big show ....2 V 1 against Cena. it even said Raw&smackdown GM NOT former or fired GM.
i know the house shows usually have nothing to do with storylines of the shows,but technically the house show commercial contradicts what happens on the Raw & Smackdown shows currently. how can that be advertised?

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
AJ used to date Jay Lethal.

They are both from North Jersey (her: Union City and Jay: Elizabeth) and he basically got her in the business.

I like how the WWE is using AJ. The Divas need some substance in their characters so the fans can get interested or at least give them a purpose to be there. I like what they did with Rosia by having her become a manager. I still remember watching her jump rope for weeks with nothing coming out of it. For me to care the Divas can't just look good (Kelly Kelly) or be strong (Beth).

Vickie to Bryan: "I am so sick of hearing you repeat your same old annoying catchphrase."
(Turns to the crowd)
"I said excuse me!!"

Btw, more squash matches for Gooback. :facepalm:

Jim Ross just sent a Tweet. See what you make of it:

Jim Ross ‏@JRsBBQ

UGH! RT @mykepooh: @WWE i'd rather watch @MichealCole vs. @JRsBBQ in BBQ pit match than most of the #moneyinthebank matches scheduled #WWE

i watched the replay i record of RAW last night. it was an ok show nothing great happened...nothing overly terrible happened,basic middle of the road show.

BTW no matter how many people hate the guy....CENA granting all those make a wish foundation wishes for the kids makes him a pretty great stand-up guy. i find it emotional how he surprises these kids and the smiles that he puts on their faces.:clap:

i watched the replay i record of RAW last night. it was an ok show nothing great happened...nothing overly terrible happened,basic middle of the road show.

BTW no matter how many people hate the guy....CENA granting all those make a wish foundation wishes for the kids makes him a pretty great stand-up guy. i find it emotional how he surprises these kids and the smiles that he puts on their faces.:clap:

:dito:

BTW no matter how many people hate the guy....CENA granting all those make a wish foundation wishes for the kids makes him a pretty great stand-up guy. i find it emotional how he surprises these kids and the smiles that he puts on their faces.:clap:[/QUOT

Says a lot about him as a man-way to go John:goodpost:

Did you guys watch Raw earlier? I did, and I wasn't impressed at all. It was another entertainment soap opera of a show, and the AJ overload is starting to get a bit annoying if you ask me. I know I probably sound pessimistic always saying that I didn't enjoy the show very much, but that's just how I feel. Last summer was a very exciting time for the company, but right now I have a feeling this summer is going to be more like 2010 where the angles were overdone and uninteresting.