• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
No Holds Barred.
I'm speechless...
I would never have expected 1. for them to remaster that movie, 2. for WWE to promote it.
I admit I loved that movie back in the day. Haven't seen it in years and seeing that promo made me want to see it again. I'm sure I'd laugh my ass off.

I didn't even watch the rest of Smackdown. I was too busy laughing hysterically at this! A few guys went all MST3K on No Holds Barred and uploaded it to youtube. I'm in tears. :rofl2:

Does anyone else think the Ryback squash matches have been long overdone? They should've had him doing actual matches by now, with emphasis on the word match. It's hard to bang a drum for the guy like other people are when all we see him in are matches that look like a father beating up his kids.

I've read that the reason Ryback is having squash matches with jobbers is because the established guys in the back don't want to lose to him and look weak.

I've read that the reason Ryback is having squash matches with jobbers is because the established guys in the back don't want to lose to him and look weak.

I hope that's not true, because if so, all the 'team players' have left the company. Anyway, they've got to do something with him. Even if they put him against a mid-carder, at least that would be better than a bunch of 90-pound scrubs. Now that I think about it, if I was on the roster, I wouldn't want to lose to him (yet) either. Not when his only opponents have been jokes. He's got to prove he can pull off great matches against 'real' guys. He can give all the hard glares he wants, throw his arms in the air over and over like a Bushwhacker and chant "Bring me more" all he wants but he's got to be able to get over this next hurdle. So I guess he's in a tough spot right now.

I can't believe I only now realized this, but one of Brodus Clay's women was on season 3 of NXT, under the name Naomi. She made it to the final 3, I believe, along with AJ and Kaitlyn. I recall her being a technically good wrestler, but had the personality of a pet rock. I hope they let her stop being a Bella twin wannabe and let her wrestle...but then again this is WWE, and she has a vagina.

Does anyone else think the Ryback squash matches have been long overdone? They should've had him doing actual matches by now, with emphasis on the word match. It's hard to bang a drum for the guy like other people are when all we see him in are matches that look like a father beating up his kids.

I think they can get away with not letting Naomi wrestle. Tonight's SmackDown was another indication of how little the WWE currently cares about the divas division. No divas match, and Layla didn't even make an appearance. Not good if she's supposed to be taking the place of Kelly Kelly as the #1 face of the division.

Man, I'm with you 100% on these Ryback squash matches being long overdone. It was cool the first time, and even the second time it was fine, but we get it now. Ryback is a physical specimen, so he should be able to beat up on these wimps. I read rumors that he would be getting a push to make up for Randy Orton's absence, but that isn't happening.

No Holds Barred.
I'm speechless...
I would never have expected 1. for them to remaster that movie, 2. for WWE to promote it.
I admit I loved that movie back in the day. Haven't seen it in years and seeing that promo made me want to see it again. I'm sure I'd laugh my ass off.

Didn't they have a PPV match revolving around that movie?

I hope that's not true, because if so, all the 'team players' have left the company. Anyway, they've got to do something with him. Even if they put him against a mid-carder, at least that would be better than a bunch of 90-pound scrubs. Now that I think about it, if I was on the roster, I wouldn't want to lose to him (yet) either. Not when his only opponents have been jokes. He's got to prove he can pull off great matches against 'real' guys. He can give all the hard glares he wants, throw his arms in the air over and over like a Bushwhacker and chant "Bring me more" all he wants but he's got to be able to get over this next hurdle. So I guess he's in a tough spot right now.

He doesn't have to pull off great matches, he needs to pull off decent matches. You don't put him in there with guys like an Alberto Del Rio or a Dolph Ziggler. You put him in there with guys like Heath Slater and you have him work his way up. That's how Goldberg became successful.

Yeah week in and week out WCW pushed out everybody - Disco Inferno, Alex Wright, name it. Then they put in some guys who were big, but weren't really big time guys, aka Rick Steiner and Scott Norton. Then he fought grapplers like Jericho and Regal. Those were probably his most fun matches to see.

I mean now, what will WWE do with Ryback? Throw out the 120 lb guys, and they'll pit him against Heath Slater, Alex Riley, and probably Tyson Kidd (Who deserves WAY better, as he's a great guy to watch wrestle).

They need to just let him beat the snot out of Santino (he's a face though, not sure if they want him as a heel or not), and get the title off him. But I really don't know what they're doing with him. Knowing WWE's past booking, it's to eventually feed him to Cena and to overcome the odds, beat adversity, he's never met a guy like Ryback before, blah blah blah.

He doesn't have to pull off great matches, he needs to pull off decent matches. You don't put him in there with guys like an Alberto Del Rio or a Dolph Ziggler. You put him in there with guys like Heath Slater and you have him work his way up. That's how Goldberg became successful.

True. Goldberg started with Hugh Morris (remember him ?), who, coincidentally, trained Ryback.

Yeah week in and week out WCW pushed out everybody - Disco Inferno, Alex Wright, name it. Then they put in some guys who were big, but weren't really big time guys, aka Rick Steiner and Scott Norton. Then he fought grapplers like Jericho and Regal. Those were probably his most fun matches to see.

I mean now, what will WWE do with Ryback? Throw out the 120 lb guys, and they'll pit him against Heath Slater, Alex Riley, and probably Tyson Kidd (Who deserves WAY better, as he's a great guy to watch wrestle).

They need to just let him beat the snot out of Santino (he's a face though, not sure if they want him as a heel or not), and get the title off him. But I really don't know what they're doing with him. Knowing WWE's past booking, it's to eventually feed him to Cena and to overcome the odds, beat adversity, he's never met a guy like Ryback before, blah blah blah.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that's the route they take. It's safe. It's boring, but still puts kid's asses in the seats to see SuperCena. Remember when the company used to take risks? Few and far between now.

True. Goldberg started with Hugh Morris (remember him ?), who, coincidentally, trained Ryback.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that's the route they take. It's safe. It's boring, but still puts kid's asses in the seats to see SuperCena. Remember when the company used to take risks? Few and far between now.

all the WWE aside.....where did you get the vic rattlehead sig!!!!

all the WWE aside.....where did you get the vic rattlehead sig!!!!

Like I said before, WWE needs to step it up. And their superstars need to step it up even more. Seems like after the Attitude Era ended, WWE hasn't been as crisp as it should. Week in and week out, TNA's matches get better and better. I love both organizations, but since WWE is not going hard like they used to, I'm leanin more toward TNA.

Like I said before, WWE needs to step it up. And their superstars need to step it up even more. Seems like after the Attitude Era ended, WWE hasn't been as crisp as it should. Week in and week out, TNA's matches get better and better. I love both organizations, but since WWE is not going hard like they used to, I'm leanin more toward TNA.

:dito:
TNA is much more wrestling oriented. WWE is more of a promo circus.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
The only problem with TNA is that it is never "just" wrestling. There's always interference or some kind of bullshit excuse to advance a story. TNA's weakness is that they don't know how to tell an original story without resorting to the same tricks over and over. How many times have PPV main events ended in a bullshit way in the past year? Way too many.

The only problem with TNA is that it is never "just" wrestling. There's always interference or some kind of bullshit excuse to advance a story. TNA's weakness is that they don't know how to tell an original story without resorting to the same tricks over and over. How many times have PPV main events ended in a bullshit way in the past year? Way too many.

Sure, but the same can be said for WWE.

just watched RAW. the whole cyndi lauper,wendy richter,piper ,slater segment was cringey
so johnny just gets fired and from what they were saying Cena needs help from 5 guys to get the win? so wouldn't that nullify johnny from getting fired?
i would rather him be the GM than anyone else. i liked his gimmick it was hilarious.
so to end raw SHow leaves him and otunga leaves him also and he just gets squashed by Cena? didn't make much sense.
vicki kissing dolph was creepy.
i LOVE AJ!!
FOLEY with the cheap pop!

:dito:
TNA is much more wrestling oriented. WWE is more of a promo circus.

^Exactly. It's just like the motto TNA came up with a while ago... "Wrestling matters."

To be fair, the WWE was much more of a "promo circus" back in 1999 than it is now. I find it puzzling when people complain about how the current product isn't wrestling-oriented enough, but long for the days of the attitude era.

just watched RAW. the whole cyndi lauper,wendy richter,piper ,slater segment was cringey
so johnny just gets fired and from what they were saying Cena needs help from 5 guys to get the win? so wouldn't that nullify johnny from getting fired?
i would rather him be the GM than anyone else. i liked his gimmick it was hilarious.
so to end raw SHow leaves him and otunga leaves him also and he just gets squashed by Cena? didn't make much sense.
vicki kissing dolph was creepy.
i LOVE AJ!!
FOLEY with the cheap pop!

I was cringing a little bit at the Cyndi Lauper segment as well, mainly because of how dead the crowd was until Roddy Piper came out. Some things are just TOO far in the past for the current fanbase to understand.

I also prefer Johnny as GM over the current lack of direction AKA "weekly GMs."

To be fair, the WWE was much more of a "promo circus" back in 1999 than it is now. I find it puzzling when people complain about how the current product isn't wrestling-oriented enough, but long for the days of the attitude era.

During the attitude era they had multiple people that knew what they were doing while cutting a promo. Who do they have now? Punk is very good but he's not an Austin. Cena pulls one out of his ass once in a while but you have to get through 20 awful ones to find a good one. The best promo guy on the roster (Jericho) is suspended.

The big question now is, who is next up in the weekly "Old timer beats down Slater" segment?

I really don't think that's accurate, as far as it being moreso back then than now. There were many promos, but less so by comparison to today. They didn't take up over half of the show. If it seemed like more of a promo circus in hindsight, it could be because they were more memorable segments. Also, maybe there wouldn't be such protest about today's abundance of promos if more of them were exciting to watch.

...and yeah, the Cyndi Lauper / Wendy Richter segment was so bad that I kept changing the channel because I felt so uncomfortable watching it. Even Piper couldn't resuscitate it. You're right about some things being too far in the past to dig back up. It's one thing to show a quick video on the Titantron and introduce them as the guest bell ringer or whatever, but don't give them a microphone. Kinda like in baseball when a HoF'er throws in the first pitch. Half of the people don't know who he is, but he just goes out there, does one quick thing, tips his hat to the crowd and goes away.

Speaking of, Jericho is supposed to make his return tonight. I've missed part of Raw and all of Smackdown last week (even though from reading the descriptions, it seems like I didn't miss much at all). Hopefully whatever he does tonight will be interesting.