• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
Randy Savage Makes a Rare WWE Related Appearance
by Nick Paglino
Jul 23, 2010

Thanks to Jonathan for sending this in:
Randy Savage made a surprise video appearance for Mattel during their Comic Con panel yesterday:

Here is the entire Savage video:

Also, here are pics of the Mattel WWE figures on display at Comic Con:
http://www.wrestlingfigs.com/inner2.php?id=16359&page_id=1

Holy fuck! That is a major mark out moment for me! MUST own figure!!!!

Is it just me, or do you also have a funny feeling that Cena's team at Summerslam will lose, due to one of his teammates turning on him...or at the very least someone joining Nexus, like Triple H? I can't see this Nexus thing ending so soon.
:dunno:

Turning Cena would be godly stupid, at least in this manner. Nexus doesn't need him to be over. And they need themselves to grow more and having Cena with them won't do that. It will just put the spotlight more on him.

NXT team needs to go over, though. They would look thoroughly weak by losing, despite facing a more star power team.

Well, they have built Randy up as a top face, a top face that men actually like not just women and children like John. Now is the time to turn him, he cannot get any staler.

I'm glad for the Miz. He came from reality TV to get a push like he is getting shows how hard he works when the cameras are off

cena turning heel would be a good change of pace

Definitely even the stale as can be Cena vs. Orton feud would have more legs with them switching roles. He can also be used to put over another face they want to build up like Bourne, Morrison or Truth.

A Truth vs. Cena freestyle battle could be hilarious.

I'm not so sure it's him that wouldn't make the switch. I'm not defending Cena, but I would say Vince doesn't want to lose the younger fans (and their Moms) who love Cena

For him to change to heel it would take his fans getting older and/ or losing interest in him. A kin to when Hogan turned heel and joined the nWo. In other words, it will take many yrs for that to occur...

Dawn Marie Responds To Recent Embezzlement Accusations
by Nick Paglino
Jul 28, 2010

Former WWE and ECW talent Dawn Marie Damatta has issued the following press release:

On behalf of myself, the Wrestlers’ Rescue organization, and the many volunteers and donors, I'd like to strenuously deny and condemn the false and baseless defamatory statements currently circulating concerning an alleged investigation and or corruption in Wrestlers' Rescue. Not only are the accusations false they contain no merit and they are disrespectful to the volunteers who have invested their time, energies, and hearts into helping former professional wrestlers in need.

These statements (most of which appear to have begun following comments made by Mike Aldren) are defamatory and contain no basis or fact. These unfounded false allegations have put at risk our efforts to help the former stars who currently face major personal, medical, and financial crises. The damage these falsehoods may have done to real people (not wrestling “characters”) is immeasurable.

I am currently weighing options for an appropriate and comprehensive response. When I have decided on my best course of action, as well as exploring legal options on behalf of both myself and Wrestlers’ Rescue, I will address all allegations.

A full and complete refutation of all false claims will accompany our forthcoming formal response, in the courts and/or other venues. More importantly, though I wish to express the anger I feel that for the sake of a few web hits and some false ego-gratification, all those who spread his falsehoods as “truth” may have put at risk Wrestlers' Rescue's attempts to aid good and well-loved people facing enormously difficult circumstances.

Unfortunately, internet rumor mongers feel that they can tarnish people and an organization’s reputation without any evidence and still have impunity. It is truly shameful that I must even dignify these individuals who have nothing more than time and a computer, to address these harmful and baseless allegations.

I give thanks to all my friends and colleagues who have called and written to express their anger at this attack and their support of me. It is for people like you and not the Mike Aldren's of the world that Wrestlers' Rescue exists and will expand.

Dawn Marie

Mike Aldren Issues Public Letter Reponding to Dawn Marie
by Nick Paglino
Jul 29, 2010

The following statement is a public response to Dawn Marie’s open letter regarding Wrestlers Rescue which featured on several wrestling websites earlier this week:

For the last three years Dawn Marie has promoted Wrestlers Rescue as a charity to raise monies to help and support the health care needs of retired professional wrestlers. During that time Dawn has sent me numerous emails asking my help to spread word of her fund raising activities through my writings relating to this project. I duly obliged in most instances.

One of the primary benefactors was to be journeymen wrestler Dr. Death Steve Williams who sadly succumbed to cancer in December, 2009. Shortly after Doc’s passing I asked Dawn what she planned to do with the thousands of dollars she had raised—whether that would be in terms of covering funeral expenses for the family or a talked about trust fund for Doc’s son.

Dawn told me on-the-record in a January email, “We are talking with the family and trying to figure out the best way to use the dollars that weren’t used.”

I asked Dawn again a few weeks later and received no response.

A few weeks after that I asked Dawn whether Wrestlers Rescue was in fact a registered charity and what other retired wrestlers she planned to help in the future. Dawn replied and told me that her representative would be in touch soon and furnish me with the information I requested.

Dawn’s rep later turned out to be her New Jersey based attorney. I was shocked to learn from said attorney that Wrestlers Rescue, after three years in operation, was NOT a registered not-for-profit nor were they willing to open their finance books to the general public or the people in the wrestling business who have helped them raise thousands of dollars in the name of a dying man.*

And so here we are today.

While Dawn's passion may be viewed by some as admirable, she as the founder and chair of her organization, should be more forthcoming regarding the monies she has raised, nor should she falsely represent herself as a charity, just as she did last week when quoted in a New York Times article.

Is she stating that up until now, the supposed charity has been for profit? If so, who has profited from the proceeds of Wrestlers Rescue? If not, then why has the non-registered charity been so secretive regarding the proceeds of the monies raised?

Who has actually benefited from anything done by Wrestlers Rescue up to now? Check delivered, bills paid, someone rescued?

I hope that Dawn Marie will address these reasonable questions in a public forum very soon.

Sincerely,

Mike Aldren

Well, they have built Randy up as a top face, a top face that men actually like not just women and children like John. Now is the time to turn him, he cannot get any staler.

I agree he's stale, but WWE doesn't have the balls to turn a guy like Rey or Cena. They're big sales marketers for kids. And kids drive them today.

Also if you read Smackdown spoilers for 8/6, lemme say I like it. :)

SS build up seems whack, though.

I agree he's stale, but WWE doesn't have the balls to turn a guy like Rey or Cena. They're big sales marketers for kids. And kids drive them today.

Also if you read Smackdown spoilers for 8/6, lemme say I like it. :)

SS build up seems whack, though.

Wrestling is whack...Vince should have never bought out WCW!

Yea, he should have passed up buying WCW for $4.7 million.

According to Hulk Hogans "autobiography" He was given first crack at buying WCW, but turned it down and Vince jumped on the deal so no one else could get it

According to Hulk Hogans "autobiography" He was given first crack at buying WCW, but turned it down and Vince jumped on the deal so no one else could get it

I have never heard that and wouldn't be surprised if Hogan made it up. If I remember correctly Eric Bischoff and the older brother from the "Wonder Years" were in negotiations to buy WCW but the deal fell through. Then Vince jumped on it.

I think Eric even wrote this in his book as well. It's been a while since I've read it but I don't remember Hogan's name ever being any where near the purchase of WCW.