• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Word lessons or what misuse of a word drives you crazy?

ok, I don't want to sound racist, but I hate when uneducated African-Americans talk. I mean they wrongly pronounce and misuse every fuckin' word known to man.

:facepalm:

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
I am sharing some pet peeves in german, some work in english, too:

Ordering a baguette (What now mostly is called a "Sub", you americans call it a sandwich, here in europe, it is either called a "Baguette" or a "Flute". On the menue card then it is spelled "La Flute" ("The Flute").

Stupid people keep saying, "Ich nehm 'ne La Flute" (Literally: "I'll take a La Flute".) Motherfucker, that is a double pronoun!

And in German, the translation of: "That makes sense" is: Das ergiebt Sinn". People keep using the "Denglisch" (A bastardised mix of German and Endlish) variant, probably because they read it in some business-lifecoach book, or because they find that sounding modern or more professional. IT IS WRONG AND YOU ARE STUPID

It's funny when friends or family from the east coast comment on my supposed
vR2OkgDh.gif
stoned west coast surfer dialect
vR2OkgDh.gif
when it's literally surreal to hear they're speech and make any sense of it. It's totally ironic because I talk legit.

But alas, what do they know, right?

#YOLO

A lot of good ones in here.

I used to work for a recruitment agency and the average level of spelling was bloody awful. Oddly the ones with English qualifications or claiming to be experienced using Microsoft Word were usually the worst. :)

Co-ordinate was guaranteed to piss off anyone who saw a CV with it. It's Coordinate.
Alot was another common mistake.
Along with anything using American spelling, that's always going to annoy and irritate me.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
"Fascism, fascist, dictator." People have been throwing those words about wrongly for quite a while now, and it seems to me if that was happening there would be little or no dissent allowed on any platform. But that's none of my business.

Ace Boobtoucher

Morons who conflate "collusion" to mean "conspiracy." The first, while unethical, is not a crime.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
-- Folks, I learned this in grammar school: The whole is COMPOSEd of the parts; the parts COMPRISE the whole. Got it?
--EPONYMOUS. Just say "Title character" or "Title." Don't use big words that make you sound intelligent...especially words everybody else in the media is using anyway.
--JUDGMENT. There is NO "E" in the middle. Judgment.
--Sports media people in general...especially ex-jocks. Look...you got a C in English back in school anyway...and that included cheating. So why are you using stupid words incorrectly to try and sound like you're educated?
--In closing, I suggest you all obtain a copy of the AP Stylebook and put it in your fucking libraries. You don't have a library you say? Then get off the Internet and get to one.

Ace Boobtoucher

This one is one of my biggest peeves: When some dumbass sportscaster says "True Freshman." It makes my blood boil, I tells ya. Just say freshman and if he's a redshirt freshman, say that. Or don't.

Ace Boobtoucher

I hate it when idiot teenagers march for the removal of G*d given rights in the name of safety or freedom or fascism or something and don't understand they're the ones being used by fascists.

Ace Boobtoucher

Never mind. I already posted this shitpost.

Last edited:
Proper use of a comma. Like the book title:

Eats, Shoots & Leaves.

Or the Aussie variant:
Eats, Roots, Shoots & Leaves

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
I belong to a pro wrestling board. I just saw an actual pro wrestling fan, a male I believe, use a Taylor Swift gif image for a snappy comeback.
I mean, it can't be any more embarrassing than what Monday Night Raw is like right now.