• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Why Atheism.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
As an atheist I go through each day facing people of different religions who come to me with the same questions, concerns and opinions. One of the most common questions I’m asked is “Why Atheism?”. The answer isn’t as simple as the question itself because in all honesty it is a hard question to answer without leaving the one who asked it mind boggled because people who follow their respective gods don’t see the world as I (an Atheist) do.

Article

Being an aethiest is really just being realistic.

You take the wasted energy and effort lost in believing and pursuing the ficticious and can apply it to more healthy pursuits like -

Being able to walk down the street with your head held high knowing that you answer to only yourself and that some high and mighty know it all isnt judging you based on their archaic rule system

You can stand on your own two feet, unlike some brainwashed sheep who follow the herd because they lack the self awareness to get by without the crutch that is religion.

Live without the persecution of others who claim their fictitious beardie man or six armed elephant is better, superior blah blah blah

^it's ridiculous to think that any supreme being(s) would be vain enough to give a flying fuck what we think of it(them)...

Lacey Black

Official Checked Star Member
Being an aethiest is really just being realistic.

You take the wasted energy and effort lost in believing and pursuing the ficticious and can apply it to more healthy pursuits like -

Being able to walk down the street with your head held high knowing that you answer to only yourself and that some high and mighty know it all isnt judging you based on their archaic rule system

You can stand on your own two feet, unlike some brainwashed sheep who follow the herd because they lack the self awareness to get by without the crutch that is religion.

Live without the persecution of others who claim their fictitious beardie man or six armed elephant is better, superior blah blah blah

:drawheart:

The problem is too many people describe themselves as Atheist when they are in fact Agnostic, in Atheism you completely reject the notion of a God and there is no flexibility on the issue. I myself found all of the major religions on this Earth hard to believe and often contradicted by science, for all we know they are all man made as they were all started many years before any of us were born so how can we verify any of the information. At the same time I can say we weren't created by some sort of superior being so I guess I'm Agnostic, anyone else here either Atheist or Agnostic, here is a site to help you decide:

http://atheism.about.com/od/aboutagnosticism/a/atheism.htm

Deepcover

Closed Account
It's funny when a so called athiest who is dying on their deathbed reaches out to God for forgiveness and to help them surivive. I don't understand that. Atheists don't believe in God and yet, when they're last seen in their dying days of long suffering cry out to God for help? WTF?! Maybe they should have prayed when they were strong and healthy:p smh...The same would be for death. Can't no athiest or scientfic know-it-all explain to me the existence on after death.

It's funny when a so called athiest who is dying on their deathbed reaches out to God for forgiveness and to help them surivive. I don't understand that. Atheists don't believe in God and yet, when they're last seen in their dying days of long suffering cry out to God for help? WTF?! Maybe they should have prayed when they were strong and healthy:p smh...The same would be for death. Can't no athiest or scientfic know-it-all explain to me the existence on after death.

Fear is a very powerful thing. People will do many things they would not usually do when totally overcome with fear. Dying is full of pain and fear.
God myth helps men feel good about themselves, it is a cold dark thing to know that you live only to reproduce and then you die but insert a god who gave you life to serve it, wow I have a higher meaning now.

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you

Funny what emotional trauma does to critical thought, no? Fortunately, we have many scientific examples and explanations for things like that. Though really, you don't even need all that to explain deathbed conversions. There's a very simple explanation to that: fear.

Fear of what? Death. I'll explain death for you: when you die, that's it. There is no existence after. How could I possibly know that, you ask? The same way I know when I let go of a pencil, it'll fall toward the earth until stopped by something. Or how momentum and inertia works. Logic and experimentation. All credible knowledge points to our 'existence' being comprised simply as electrical wiring in a few pounds of gray matter. When that matter suffers trauma, the wiring gets fucked up and we lose part of our existence (Alzheimer's, amnesia, concussions, etc.). It logically follows, then, that when this wiring shuts off completely, that's it folks - done. Gone. Nadda. Not even something to notice yourself no longer existing. No darkness, heaven or hell.

Think of it this way: it's just like you were before you were born!

Last edited:
And it is shameful how the god fearing use fear as a way to 'convert' or control. Just another group forcing another to conform to their ways. Makes it very dirty in the end.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
^ I used to think you were a thoughtful poster until I read that.

Being a lapsed Catholic myself, I find it hard to condemn people who disbelieve or who struggle with their faith. I still pray and I even pray for some of the more obnoxious people I've encountered, but I don't for the militant atheists. The man Jesus sent his followers out to evangelize with the admonishment that if they preach to someone who is unwilling to listen they should brush the dust from their sandals and move on. I think atheists should follow that same protocol and shut the fuck up when they encounter someone they are not going to convert.

I think that the Atheism today is just as obnoxious as Christianity or Islam.

As we know at this very moment,there is no definite proof of if there's a god or not.I think that Christianity is a joke along with Islam,but that doesn't mean that there isn't any higher beings.Notice I said higher beings and not "Gods",meaning that maybe they set things in motion,but they are not controlling the actions and events that take place on this planet.

I am agnostic because I'm not egotistical enough to say that there definitely are no higher beings,because I have no proof that there isn't,just like anyone else.