• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Whats your ring tone

I still have the pocket barnyard: donkey for calls, cow for text messages, sheep for voicemail, and turkey for e-mail.

C

cindy CD/TV

"The Imperial March" aka "Darth Vader's Theme" -- that's my ringtone for work. :)

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
I made the huge mistake of wandering into the local Radio Shack about a month ago and the kid (I mean KID, 16-17 with zits) who was the sales rep comes over and sees me browsing over the smart phones. I told him I was only LOOKING and I thought to myself, "Oh Christ, I can't afford a freakin' smart phone right now, man. Leave me alone." But I was polite and listened to him talk about why this phone was better than that phone, or which plan would be better for just another $9.99 a month, yadda yadda.

So, FINALLY he thinks to ask, "So you're looking to upgrade ... what kind of phone do you have now." So I pull out my Motorola Razr V3. I feel stress and shame building up in my heart as he does a double-take at my phone.

"That, is what we now call RETRO," he said, smirking at me like I'm some old fuddy-duddy.

I politely excused myself at that point and left the store grumbling aloud, "Retro my ass!"

So, after the long story, I admit that I have a retarded, antique cellphone. Not a smartphone! A RETRO retarded cellphone. :facepalm: :uohs:

Dude, I miss my old Razr...

It was so much better than the LG Crystal I have now.

But in all honesty, what I really want is my old Nokia 5110 back, with the original nokia ringtone.

That phone was brilliant, never ran out of battery and its got all the functions I need, the ability to call and send the odd sms.

"The Imperial March" aka "Darth Vader's Theme" -- that's my ringtone for work. :)
That used to be my ringtone for stagehands, because we're creatures from the dark side. For work, I used to have the chorus of BTO's Takin' Care of Business. I like the pocket barnyard idea better, though.

But in all honesty, what I really want is my old Nokia 5110 back, with the original nokia ringtone.

That phone was brilliant, never ran out of battery and its got all the functions I need, the ability to call and send the odd sms.

I had an old Nokia, don't know the model, but it sounds like whay you're describing, that had a composer feature, where you could compose your own melodies up to, I think, 60 notes long. I would often make whatever piece I was working on my ringtone. I had Recuerdos de la Alhambra, Autumn Leaves, Asturias, and several others at one time or another. I miss that feature. :(

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Can you spot the cameos?:nanner:

C

cindy CD/TV

Really? The Crystal looks pretty sweet judging by it's pix and product specs.
I also get nostaglic when I think back to my VERY old Nokia with it's quaint polytronic ringtones (mine was "Take Me Out to the Ball Game").

That used to be my ringtone for stagehands, because we're creatures from the dark side. For work, I used to have the chorus of BTO's Takin' Care of Business. I like the pocket barnyard idea better, though.

I had an old Nokia, don't know the model, but it sounds like whay you're describing, that had a composer feature, where you could compose your own melodies up to, I think, 60 notes long. I would often make whatever piece I was working on my ringtone. I had Recuerdos de la Alhambra, Autumn Leaves, Asturias, and several others at one time or another. I miss that feature. :(

LOL, my day job is like working in the Death Star, hence the ringtone choice!! :D

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
Really? The Crystal looks pretty sweet judging by it's pix and product specs.
I also get nostaglic when I think back to my VERY old Nokia with it's quaint polytronic ringtones (mine was "Take Me Out to the Ball Game").

Its a very good phone... but I dont use any of the toys.

And the whole touchscreen when typing out sms'... either you "draw" the letters on the screen or you use a touch keyboard which is very sensitive to hitting the wrong part of the screen...

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
The standard ring tone, but a couple of Family Guy ones (like Stewies "Victory is Mine") for friends and family.

For text and emails I use "doorbell" and "wind chimes".

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick

I've actually updated my phone's sounds. Well, kind of. I have a donkey for phone calls, a cow for text messages, a sheep for voicemail, a rooster for e-mail, and a turkey for ICQ. :)

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
The Imperial March from Star Wars only it's the muzak version from Family Guy. It's kind of annoying and motivates me to either answer or ignore pretty quickly.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
I recently bought a Galaxy SIII and I'm still playing with it, too. I'm trying to figure out how to change the tone for email alerts. Anyone know how to do that?

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Cars honk horns. Doors have knocks. Phones ring so I keep it simple and use classic bell.