• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Whats everyones favorite beer ?

OX.45

Im proud of this thread, :hatsoff:

Jaan, scroll way back up and go to prior pages.
Alcy.gif
I sang the praises of Belgium's beers more than one time...

Last edited:
Sweet

:hatsoff:

Yeah i know Nightfly , but it's just that to belgians there are 3 things that are holy. Our beer, our frites (if its spelled that way) and our chocolate. So I felt that it was my duty to raise my voice and give a tribute to belgian beer, and you were correct about the beer per city, only a little bit more, mechelen on it's self (wich isn't a big city) has more than 10 beers. It's just sad that the rest of the world has to miss out on that. and lindemans was spelled correctly, but the cork thing , that's only with bottles of 37.5cl or more, the bottles of 25cl don't have a cork. And did you drink Duvel when you where in belgium cause that's my personal favorite. It's kinda funny to give it to foreiners cause it looks just like a pils but it's 8.5% and so they drink it like regular pils and get very very drunk. And i forgat to say that every beer has it's on special glass to drink it from. So a café with a respectable selection has to have a lot of different glasses.

Nightfly said:
The best American beer I have ever had is Samuel Adams. It's easily the BEST American beer. Killian's is decent too. American brewers should go back to the roots of beer more... I saw above in the thread where someone said Coor's Light was a fave.... YIKES! That's good if you want a sligtly yellow, carbonated water with alcohol in it, but that is NOT decent beer! That's over-priced, over-watered ginger ale. And it tastes like hell. LOL

Killian is origanaly from Ireland so that's not realy an american beer, it came allong with the irisch imigrants.

Oh a question to the americans on this forum.
Is it true you have to be 21 to drink alcohol in the US?
cause in belgium the standard age is 16 for beer and 18 for "stong booz" dont know how you call it

I dont know what you mean by "stong booz" but yes, thats the law around here... "21 & Older" are only allowed to buy alchohal . It doesnt stop 16 year olds from drinking, though.

Last edited:
Jaan,

Good man....yes I drank the Lindemans with the cork in the bottle. Great stuff. I cannot recall the name of the other popular Belgian kriek I had, but it was everywhere as well. I loved Duvel. Hoegaarden is also wonderful. I had so many of the beers in Belgium, and yes I liked how each one has its own glass. lol The worst beer I had in Belgium was Maes pils. It's like any generic American pils. blech

Killian's Red is actually an American beer, and the "Irish recipe" thing is a fabircation by Coors. It is NOT Irish beer. It is as Irish as Budweiser is German. Sure, you can take a German or Irish or Czech recipe for beer and make it in the USA, but that does not make those beers "of" those countries. Killian's is American. Coors just wants you to THINK it's not an American beer. An Irishman would take the piss out of you for calling Killian's a real Irish beer. LOL

Op uw gezonheid Prosit Proost Skaal Sante Hurra Na Zdravi Salud Cin cin CHEERS!!!
Cheers.gif

Beer is awesome
:cool:

The other kriek you see everywhere in belgium is belle-vue, but that isn't as good as Lindemans. If you ever come back to belgium you must find a café or store that sells La Chouffe cause that is also one of the best.

and with strong booz I meant wiskey, vodka, .....

Yes! That was it! BelleVue! lol Man, funny how it all comes back. I can see their logo and everything now...lol Jaan, in English the word is "booze," and yes it is for whiskey, vodka, etc. All the " hard" liquors. :nanner:

Coors lite, coors orginal, bud lite, miller lite, keystone lite, southpaw lite, the beast lite, and of course Liquor!!!!!!!!!!!!!