• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is the latest good film you watched ?

georges

Staff member
untraceable

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
10,000 b.c. - It's like stargate, but without a stargate.

Meet the Spartans - Same as epic movie or scary movie. In other words.. horrible but in a good way.

Spiderwick Chronicles - Ehh. Not bad. Another one of those unbelievable.. watered down harry potter type movies. Ahem, but I like HP series.

jeezus you guys have some shitty taste in film i must say - i dont usually have time to sit down for two hours an watch a screen at the movies- but the last movie i saw on cable TV - on that artsy fartsy channell called 'sundance,' they showed a very timely and topical movie called 'manufactured landscapes,' which was all about the current industrial revolution of china -

at the end of mao's 'cultural revolution' reign, china was 90% agrarian and only 10% urbanized - since the late 70's china's goal has been to dramatically reverse that ratio to 20% agrarian & 80% urbanized...thus, china is currently carrying out the biggest economic, technological and architectural revolution in the history of mankind - the film basically proves that this is not an exaggeration by any means. but in the process of carrying out the greatest national project in the histoyr of man, they are polluting the earth more than any other nation right now (yes even more than the GREAT SATAN USA).

this raises the most problematic issue of the film - the narrator knows he just can;t simplify it by saying "their growth and progress is bad"..because of course in the eyes of the ruling chinese - this is pure progress, will to power, and rasing the standards of living by building better structures for their people to live in...thus reflecting the overall progress and power of the nation itself...so its certainly not as clear cut as 'right and wrong' - the film simply ends by saying we must develop a new way of thinking, outside of these simplistic binary opposites - especially when looking at something so complex like the chinese industrial revolution.

anyways ive got to say not only was this movie extremely informative - it was also visually stunning and beautiful in every sense - the director is a photographer and displays some of the best cinematography i have ever seen in a movie (visually it reminded me exactly of KOYANISQUATSI) - where each shot is framed to look like a painting - where almost every image from the film COULD BE a painting. whats most interesting is 'the beautiful' images the film captures are essentially of the destruction and construction that is going on all around china, but especially in shanghai - which is the fastest developing city on the planet.

well, i think i've said enough already and probably gave most of it away - but I highly reccommend "MANUFACTURED LANDSCAPES" for anyone who has an interest in modern china.

jeezus you guys have some shitty taste in film i must say - i dont usually have time to sit down for two hours an watch a screen at the movies- but the last movie i saw on cable TV - on that artsy fartsy channell called 'sundance,' they showed a very timely and topical movie called 'manufactured landscapes,' which was all about the current industrial revolution of china -

at the end of mao's 'cultural revolution' reign, china was 90% agrarian and only 10% urbanized - since the late 70's china's goal has been to dramatically reverse that ratio to 20% agrarian & 80% urbanized...thus, china is currently carrying out the biggest economic, technological and architectural revolution in the history of mankind - the film basically proves that this is not an exaggeration by any means. but in the process of carrying out the greatest national project in the histoyr of man, they are polluting the earth more than any other nation right now (yes even more than the GREAT SATAN USA).

this raises the most problematic issue of the film - the narrator knows he just can;t simplify it by saying "their growth and progress is bad"..because of course in the eyes of the ruling chinese - this is pure progress, will to power, and rasing the standards of living by building better structures for their people to live in...thus reflecting the overall progress and power of the nation itself...so its certainly not as clear cut as 'right and wrong' - the film simply ends by saying we must develop a new way of thinking, outside of these simplistic binary opposites - especially when looking at something so complex like the chinese industrial revolution.

anyways ive got to say not only was this movie extremely informative - it was also visually stunning and beautiful in every sense - the director is a photographer and displays some of the best cinematography i have ever seen in a movie (visually it reminded me exactly of KOYANISQUATSI) - where each shot is framed to look like a painting - where almost every image from the film COULD BE a painting. whats most interesting is 'the beautiful' images the film captures are essentially of the destruction and construction that is going on all around china, but especially in shanghai - which is the fastest developing city on the planet.

well, i think i've said enough already and probably gave most of it away - but I highly reccommend "MANUFACTURED LANDSCAPES" for anyone who has an interest in modern china.

I have seen that movie you mentioned. Very good! I have seen many of Werner Herzog's movies.

And I sometimes want some escape and entertainment... Dont assume that I dont like "art house" stuff too..

New Jack City

Oh man, that movie was freakin hilarious.

One of the funniest, if not, the funniest movie I have ever seen.

Robert Downey Jr was funnier then hell and I thought Jack Black did an amazing job aswell.

Tom Cruise was awesome in this movie. I really wasn't expecting that performance.

few movies i've seen recently and scores:
blood diamond 8/10
i am legend 7/10
no country for old men 7/10
superbad 8/10 :tongue:

I have seen that movie you mentioned. Very good! I have seen many of Werner Herzog's movies.

And I sometimes want some escape and entertainment... Dont assume that I dont like "art house" stuff too..

wow! someone here has seen it?! im quite surprised - and HERZOG might just be my all time favorite film maker - although his recent movies haven;t been that good - I love EVERY film he made with klaus kinski (especially 'cobra verde' )- and herzog is also a great documentary film maker.

i met werner at the nuart theatre in santa monica ca. at the opening of 'loch ness' (which he only acted in - pretty much making fun of himself the whole time). I was too intimidated/scared to talk normally to him, so i just told him how much i loved 'aguirre' and how i have shown the film to many people...of course he was very humble - and you also just gotta love the way he talks with that delicate german accent - he's a very poetic speaker and uses the english language better than most english speakers for sure.

as i was standing in front of him, i don;t know, i felt i was in the presence of beethoven, or goethe, or nietzsche or something - just, this great german artist....anyways...i don;t like 'art house' or as herzog himself calls it - 'artsy fartsy' films either - those in which the audience clearly comprehends that the director is trying to do something artistic or different (usually at the expense of the plot) - the truly great films and filmmakers just do what they do and the final product is art.

and of course i love escape entertainment from time to time too - all the new movies that are out now - 'tropic thunder,' 'step brothers,' 'dark nite,' 'pineapple express,' - they all look pretty good to me...i just rarely have a chance to go sit at the movies so most of the stuff i catch is on cable...

wow! someone here has seen it?! im quite surprised - and HERZOG might just be my all time favorite film maker - although his recent movies haven;t been that good - I love EVERY film he made with klaus kinski (especially 'cobra verde' )- and herzog is also a great documentary film maker.

i met werner at the nuart theatre in santa monica ca. at the opening of 'loch ness' (which he only acted in - pretty much making fun of himself the whole time). I was too intimidated/scared to talk normally to him, so i just told him how much i loved 'aguirre' and how i have shown the film to many people...of course he was very humble - and you also just gotta love the way he talks with that delicate german accent - he's a very poetic speaker and uses the english language better than most english speakers for sure.

as i was standing in front of him, i don;t know, i felt i was in the presence of beethoven, or goethe, or nietzsche or something - just, this great german artist....anyways...i don;t like 'art house' or as herzog himself calls it - 'artsy fartsy' films either - those in which the audience clearly comprehends that the director is trying to do something artistic or different (usually at the expense of the plot) - the truly great films and filmmakers just do what they do and the final product is art.

and of course i love escape entertainment from time to time too - all the new movies that are out now - 'tropic thunder,' 'step brothers,' 'dark nite,' 'pineapple express,' - they all look pretty good to me...i just rarely have a chance to go sit at the movies so most of the stuff i catch is on cable...

He is a remarkable film producer/writer. Rescue Down was a plodding movie and not his best work, Grizzly man was a quite unexpected and well put together film, unless you are a avid fan of his, the other movies are not screened very often. Was Incident at Loch Ness even a wide release?

I saw "Who Killed the Electric Car?" last night and that is a quite disturbing movie about how much power corporations have over american society.

Everyone should watch this movie, especially if you are a US citizen planning to vote in november.