• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is the latest good film you watched ?

jewelcity

Approved Content Owner
Approved Content Owner
Sin City

dave_rhino

Closed Account
I do! :D

Se7en follows the trodden paths of the classical whodunits without adding anything unique to the overdone genre of movies about serial killers. Fincher is a big pretender who mainly uses cheap stylistic elements:

1) Creating a "dark" atmosphere by simply turning on the rain machine and shooting in shady places.

2) A pretentious subplot that doesn't deliver (i.e. superficial religious / mediaeval mysticism that any undergraduate liberal arts student is able to unmask as shallow and flawed. (although it is not half as annoying as in Hannibal!)

3) Taking the easy way to shock the (juvenile) audience: Contrived ways of murder and torture. But sadly, even this last refuge only manages to reach the level of a ghost train ride at your local amusement park, at best. It can give you a quick shiver, but after the third tableau of rearranged human flesh, it becomes repetitive and boring.

Morbidity and visualized abnormalities are not enough... I think that e.g. Hostel (flawed as it is) has a lot more to offer than Se7en

Just my irrelevant opinion, of course... :)

While I don't agree with you at all, I'm glad you gave your reasons. Always better to explain rather than just give a "Cuz it was fuckin crap" response (Not that I'd ever accuse you of saying something like that ;)).

Tried to rep but it wouldn't let me. Not that it matters I guess, we all know the rep system is shit :1orglaugh

dick van cock

Closed Account
While I don't agree with you at all, I'm glad you gave your reasons. Always better to explain rather than just give a "Cuz it was fuckin crap" response (Not that I'd ever accuse you of saying something like that.
:1orglaugh Me? Never!

Our little exchange made me curious about the critical reception of Se7en (Yes, I know! Critics are stupid fat fucks... :D) And wikipedia offers me some professional witnesses:

wikipedia said:
In her review for the New York Times, Janet Maslin wrote, "Not even bags of body parts, a bitten-off tongue or a man forced to cut off a pound of his own flesh (think "The Merchant of Venice") keep it from being dull".[2] David Ansen, in his review for Newsweek, wrote, "Underneath the dull barroom debates about the human condition, it's just another implausible thriller in which a weary but wise veteran cop on the brink of retirement (is there any other kind in Hollywood?) teams up with an impetuous rookie (yes, that's the other kind) to foil a brilliantly deranged psycho (see above)".[3] USA Today gave the film two-and-a-half stars out of four and called it, "the murkily moody, but self-defeating".
Geez! I'm a movie critic! I am, I am! :o

dave rhino said:
Tried to rep but it wouldn't let me. Not that it matters I guess, we all know the rep system is shit :1orglaugh
:yesyes:

To add something "valuable" to the thread...

I kind of enjoyed 8 mm (7 / 10)

It kept me hooked. Quite enjoyable despite the fact that it stars Nick Cage.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
The Birds, 1963 version(They are making a remake version of it, starring Naomi Watts, release date next year)

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Forbidden Planet (currently on TCM)

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
The Bank Job

Street Kings.

I love Keanu. For the longest time I thought he was a doormat, but after Johnny Neumonic (great film btw)and to a wider extent, The Matrix, I knew once and for all he was the best at that type of acting. The guy's great.
In Street Kings, there were moments where he made me think of Stallone in COBRA! :rolleyes:

Great cast by the way but the story sucks and we've all seen that type of film before and done better.

Keanu does rule though. ;)

:thumbsup:

the assassination of jesse james is awesome, the tension in the movie is so present, and brad pitt manages to live up to his hype for once(besides fight club) and casey affleck proves that shitty acting isnt a genetic trait

i saw what might have been a vampire flick in the snow with Josh Harnett. It was quite lame. Most everybody else says its very good. I might be wrong.

Last edited:
The POSTMAN

( Crickets chirping )

Well it shat on WATERWORLD !!!

( Ducks tomato )