• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is the latest good film you watched ?

georges

Staff member
the getaway with steve mac queen

dave_rhino

Closed Account
The Mist

Figured it was just gonna be the usual monster flick, but oh no.

I love how it goes so deep into the religious side of it.

I also figured the ending would be shit, I didn't know how they could pull it off well... But my god, that ending... It's perfect. I actually felt sick watching it, a true blow to the brain.

I recommend this film to everyone!

The Mist

Figured it was just gonna be the usual monster flick, but oh no.

I love how it goes so deep into the religious side of it.

I also figured the ending would be shit, I didn't know how they could pull it off well... But my god, that ending... It's perfect. I actually felt sick watching it, a true blow to the brain.

I recommend this film to everyone!

haven't seen it. I was told the ending and it really didn't spoil anything for me, makes me want to see it more.

my only question is, in the movie do they say that it was project arrowhead that caused the mist? I think I heard that they do, and that's one thing that kinda turns me off. In the book they only speculated about it, and it is never revealed for sure what causes it, which I kinda like better. Not that I don't like explanations, I just like it better when you have to read between the lines and it's not spelled out for you.

dave_rhino

Closed Account
^ Yeah they do, but it's only brief and they don't go on about it too much. But they had to do it for another part of the story (which might not have been in the book, the "judas" sacrifice. Haven't read it so I'm not sure).

The ending of the book sounds lame compared to the movie though.

The ending of the book sounds lame compared to the movie though.

oh yeah. Don't want to spoil a 20 year old book here... but it ends with getting in their car and driving away into The Mist and saying "is their hope for humanity? well, let's just wait and see." The End.

on that note, let's subtitle this book Election 2008.

Robert Rodriguez's Planet Terror, featuring Danny Trejo in Machete.

The Count of Monte Cristo, from 2002. What a great flick, and beautifully shot too! The acting was superb, and it reminded me a lot of the kind of flick that Errol Flynn would have done. Good adventure with just the right amounts of romance and humor and drama.

Of course, then there was "Superbad", which was not only the film's title, but also the most apt description I could find for this witless, overly vulgar steaming loaf of crap. I kind of grew out of being shocked or impressed by dirty words when I was... say... 14. Judd Apatow(sp?) seems absolutely enamored by it.

I'm not a prissy, right wing nut by any stretch, but I guess I want more out of a flick than a constant flow of dick jokes and teenagers swearing. Honestly, it was like the screenwriter had Tourette's! I guess when you're re-hashing the ole "last grand night of high school" formula flick, if you can't do something clever, just swear a lot and let your teen characters do sexual gestures- 13 year olds will be laughing for weeks!

And maybe I'm the only one, but I wanted to just choke that fat guy out. He was about as unlikable as a character can get. About ten times in the first fifteen minutes of the movie, I was thinking to myself "what an asshat- he needs beaten".

I was expecting a funny little teen comedy- I got Judd Apatow (and coat tail riding posse) simply clinging to his waning popularity after "The 40 Year old Virgin", which was a great flick. Tick tock, Judd.... that fifteen minutes is mighty short. :2 cents:

There, now I'm all done ranting- see "Count of Monte Cristo"

H

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Sniper 2 is a great movie, liked the original better.