• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is the latest good film you watched ?

Orban89

Adam said I am a Noodle Brain
ME4RQ0D_o.jpg

Hypnotic (Netflix)

Once again, Kate Siegel nails it.... one of the sexiest horror-psychological-thriller queens in recent years ;)

Last edited:

Luxman

#TRE45ON

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Blue Is the Warmest Colour (2013) - La vie d'Adèle (original title) - drama romance
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2278871/

I usually don't like drama or romance movies, but this movie had lots of good reviews.
It has some very graphic and realistic-looking lesbian sex scenes. :cool:
I didn't enjoy the drama and it's a bit of a depressing movie, but the story is good and well-acted.
The movie is 3 hours long and in French, took me 2 hours to watch it at 1.5x speed.
If you watch the whole movie, you will have an idea of what it's like to be a young French lesbian discovering her sexuality, and the eventual heartbreak that too often comes with falling in love. :confused:

The movie trivia is interesting.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2278871/trivia

Last edited:

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I just got done watching "Midway". It was a great movie, and I really enjoyed it. The original was pretty good too, but I am a big fan of war movies. I just wish someone would redo the classic, "Battle Of The Bulge". I think that was a decisive enough battle in the European theater, to deserve a remake. I wouldn't mind seeing a good movie about the Korean war. I don't even know if one has ever been made.

I just got done watching "Midway". It was a great movie, and I really enjoyed it. The original was pretty good too, but I am a big fan of war movies. I just wish someone would redo the classic, "Battle Of The Bulge". I think that was a decisive enough battle in the European theater, to deserve a remake. I wouldn't mind seeing a good movie about the Korean war. I don't even know if one has ever been made.

Agreed on all accounts. When they're really well done, war movies are highly enjoyable. And I'd also love to see a bunch of old war movies redone.

Side note: I recently rewatched Full Metal Jacket for the billionth time (yes, seriously). Tremendous movie, definitely in my all-time top 20 films across all genres.

I have a ritual of playing COD & watching WWII movies on Nov 11, and yeah Midway was a good one. They did try to cram a lot into the movie though.
I do like that they actually gave some thought to the Japanese side, although they really went out of their way to make Nagumo look like an idiot. In hindsight his decisions look flawed, but at the time, in the heat of war & with the info he had, you could cut him some slack.

Loved the action sequences though!

I agree that a Korean War movie would be interesting, but IMO there are a couple things going against it:
1) It wasn't a decisive victory for the US. Americans want to see movies where they win.
2) If "The Interview" is any indication, no studio is going to want to risk going through that shit with NK again.
3) Along those lines, you're going to have to portray the Chinese as the villains. That is going to cut your profits, which is why you don't see many movies like that these days.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I have a ritual of playing COD & watching WWII movies on Nov 11, and yeah Midway was a good one. They did try to cram a lot into the movie though.
I do like that they actually gave some thought to the Japanese side, although they really went out of their way to make Nagumo look like an idiot. In hindsight his decisions look flawed, but at the time, in the heat of war & with the info he had, you could cut him some slack.

Loved the action sequences though!

I agree that a Korean War movie would be interesting, but IMO there are a couple things going against it:
1) It wasn't a decisive victory for the US. Americans want to see movies where they win.
2) If "The Interview" is any indication, no studio is going to want to risk going through that shit with NK again.
3) Along those lines, you're going to have to portray the Chinese as the villains. That is going to cut your profits, which is why you don't see many movies like that these days.
I actually never gave a single thought to the points you've made. You're correct. It sucks. because fuck them, but I guess the people that make the movies aren't really dedicated to the veterans, as much as they are the dollar all mighty. It's to bad.

I actually never gave a single thought to the points you've made. You're correct. It sucks. because fuck them, but I guess the people that make the movies aren't really dedicated to the veterans, as much as they are the dollar all mighty. It's to bad.
So true. It's shame that it's all about the profits these days. Heck, I got turned off by Transformers when the made the Age of Extinction about China and blatantly showed how far hollywood has sold out to them.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/22/media/top-gun-flags-intl-hnk/index.html
There's no signs of it stopping either, just check out the changes they made to the Top Gun sequel to appease them by taking out the Japanese & Taiwanese flags. That's how petty they are.

Moving on... what really does suck is that there are so many stories from the "losing" side that get glossed over. And it's really tragic for those veterans, since even in their own countries, they aren't honored and respected like Allied veterans are, even though they went through the same (and often worse) hell.
Along those lines & on topic, I give you two awesome films showing the war from the Axis side:

"Letters from Iwo" only got made because they balanced it out with Flags of our fathers. There are some other films (old & new) like Yamato, Tora Tora Tora, the Desert Fox and Valkyrie which also show that such films can be done, but they're definitely are rarity these days.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
:unsure: Something to ponder and think about :unsure: ....

M*A*S*H, but the movie came out in 1970 so I think it gets confused with the Vietnam war.
That's only because Elliott Gould looked like a "Freak Out" in M*A*S*H for his character John "Trapper John" McIntyre --

Now if you take Donald Sutherland with his character Benjamin Franklin "Hawkeye" Pierce. Substitute Hawkeye for let's say something different, let's say, instead put his hippy "Oddball" character from Kelly's Heroes in there.

Then you have two "Freak-Outs" thus two Army doctors for the Vietnam War.

I always wanted to say that! ;) - And now I have. :)

Last edited: