• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is the latest good film you watched ?

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
M*A*S*H, but the movie came out in 1970 so I think it gets confused with the Vietnam war.
Yeah, but that's not a war WAR movie. I mean along the lines of "Saving Private Ryan". Something that shows what horrors truly exist in a war, no matter what the scale.Hell, I don't think I've ever really scene a decent docu-series on the Korean war, WWI, WWII, and Vietnam, yes. And obviously the Gulf wars....they came to us almost in real time. But I knew a couple of Korean war vets, one of which was in the fight over Pork Chop hill. If you know anything, even in the smallest quantities, about that war, you've heard of Pork Chop hill.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Best Vietnam War movie ...

There's a lot of them. Like Francis Ford Coppola's Apocalypse Now (1979), Oliver Stone's Platoon (1986) Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket (1987), and George Cosmatos'
Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985)

I personally like Michael Cimino's The Deer Hunter (1978)

Mr. Daystar

I don't know who made it, but "The Boy's in Company C", was a great movie. As much as I'm not a Mel Gibson fan, he did an AMAZING job of portraying Lt.Gen. Harold Moore, in "We Were Soldiers Once".I saw an ABC news segment, that interviewed the real Hal Moore, AND the leader of the Vietnamese troops in that initial battle, in the Ia Drang valley, and after watching Hal Moore speak, and his mannerisms, Gibson hit it right on the head. I also gotta say, I thought the movie as a whole was pretty good.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
More Vietnam War movies ...

The Boys in Company C
was a 1978 film directed by Sidney Furie. Hamburger Hill was another 1987 Vietnam War film directed by John Irwin.

Last edited:

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Because I'm already hearing Xmas carols playing at Walmart, I got a craving for an Xmas movie. And let's be real, seeing people getting pummeled in home alone death traps is always funny.

This one was a little different though, with the intruders actually good people and the "Kevin" being more a jerk than an innocent kid trying to protect himself.

Mr. Daystar

The Irishman. I thought it was a great flick.

Luxman

#TRE45ON

Luxman

#TRE45ON
I kinda like the new one more. It's more serious rather than a little campy compared to the old one. The scope is bigger too because it doesn't cram a whole movie into just over 2 hours but rather that 2+ hours is just part 1 with part 2 coming later.
There is a 3-hour version of Dune (1984) that is better than the original 2 hours 20-minute version.

Saw Shang-Chi this weekend. The fight scenes are a great mix of traditional HK action with Western fighting + Marvel Tech and some trademark humour sprinkled in. It's really well choreographed and while fast, you can still follow the action. Some nice cameos too!