• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What has Happened to the Republican Party?

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
On HealthCare, when Obama had Congress tied up, he did not hear out the Republicans. His line was, I'll listen to you, so long as you are onboard. He did not meet with Republicans to seriously consider their proposals. I remember he said they didn't have any proposals, but yet I remember seeing on CNN Republicans reading them off. From my view he helped create the climate of no discussion in Washington DC.

What do you suggest Obama should have done during the health care negotiations? They killed the public option. Do you remember all the lies being disseminated by the republicans, "death panels", etc? Yeah, it makes a lot of sense to blame Obama on health care when it was congress that was hammering out the details.

I'm from Chicago. Obama did dick for Illinois. I'm tired of people defending him like he is some great president. He isn't worse than the other guys on the Republican side, but lets face it - if you think he is out for anyone other than yourself, then you're an idiot.
Governor went to Jail. Rezko went to jail. Want sources? Fuck you...look it up. This isn't school and I'm not doing your fucking homework.

xfire I read those posts and they made sense. You didn't provide and sources when you talked to the tax cuts (Obama tax cuts...lol) and about retreating on healthcare. You know what? You didn't need too. I knew what you meant. If you want to disprove someone, then you need to provide a source IMO.

Add my name to the list of people who are tired of people defending just one side. We're let down by both parties. Deal with it.

Oh, I didn't see anyone go "all over the map". You just didn't agree with them.

Also...I do take issue with Tynar. Fucking Canadians. Stay out of our politics. :)

(All of this is said with all of the love and respect you guys so rightfully deserve! :) )

xfire

I'm from Chicago. Obama did dick for Illinois. I'm tired of people defending him like he is some great president. He isn't worse than the other guys on the Republican side, but lets face it - if you think he is out for anyone other than yourself, then you're an idiot. Want sources? Fuck you...look it up. This isn't school and I'm not doing your fucking homework.

I'm not defending him like he's some great president. People are free to criticize him all they want, but they should at least make the effort to know what they're talking about. When you make a claim without backing it up it's YOU that's asking someone else to do your homework. That's fine if you want to talk out your ass but when you get called on it all you can do is shut the hell up or look like a bigger moron than you did in the first place.

xfire I read those posts and they made sense. You didn't provide and sources when you talked to the tax cuts (Obama tax cuts...lol) and about retreating on healthcare. You know what? You didn't need too. I knew what you meant. If you want to disprove someone, then you need to provide a source IMO.

What in particular would you like a source on? I'll be more than happy to prove my point with backing evidence.

Oh, I didn't see anyone go "all over the map". You just didn't agree with them. Also...I do take issue with Tynar. Fucking Canadians. Stay out of our politics. :)(All of this is said with all of the love and respect you guys so rightfully deserve! :) )

What was there to agree or disagree with? The guy brought up random points with no focus or direction in his thinking i.e.- "in some cases he capitulated", "he ran the party line with canadian oil", "solyndra", incoherent rambling about obstructionism, and that Obama is a hack.

Eh, ok. Whatever. But it's cool, no disrespect to anyone here from me, either, though I would appreciate the same consideration I give others.

I'm not defending him like he's some great president. People are free to criticize him all they want, but they should at least make the effort to know what they're talking about. When you make a claim without backing it up it's YOU that's asking someone else to do your homework. That's fine if you want to talk out your ass but when you get called on it all you can do is shut the hell up or look like a bigger moron than you did in the first place.

I don't think he looks like a moron. There is more than one member giving the point of view that it isn't just the Republican party that has a problem. Sheesh, it has been like watching a comedy with Bachmann, Paul, Perry, Gingrich, et al. With that, the observation is that Obama has some chinks in the armor. More than one member noted that they are all just politicians. The point is that there is disappointment in all of them.

That is what I got from the the postings. Those who posted can correct me if I misread them.

I found the posts to be pretty good and actually a few chuckles in them.

xfire

I appreciate the allusion but I'm not HM. I'm not Obama's biggest fan, either. I voted for Hillary in the '08 primaries.

I don't think he looks like a moron. There is more than one member giving the point of view that it isn't just the Republican party that has a problem. Sheesh, it has been like watching a comedy with Bachmann, Paul, Perry, Gingrich, et al. With that, the observation is that Obama has some chinks in the armor. More than one member noted that they are all just politicians. The point is that there is disappointment in all of them.

That is what I got from the the postings. Those who posted can correct me if I misread them.

I found the posts to be pretty good and actually a few chuckles in them.

It has been a comedy. It would be a better show if Gingrich won. He has more street fighter in him than Romney. I also think he has better reasons for him not to be president, so the fight between a very slick Barrack with a big war chest and a savvy debater in Newt with real baggage, but some good arguments to go after BHO with.

Romney will probably win and my prediction is that Barrack will carve up Mitt for dinner. Not that I think one would be a better president than the other, but that Barrack outclasses Mitt running for office and he will just have much more resources.

So, it will not be as amusing.

Let's be honest here, Obama sucks also, all of our choices suck, Obama did everything that Bush would have done. I dont see any change from Bush to Obama. There will be no change from Obama to Romney, or Obama to Gingrich. All of these people are in favor of the status quo, they are all establishment candidates, they are all in the pockets of the Bankers and the Globalist corporations. We have to face the fact that we are slaves with no say in what goes on. The only thing we can do is protest, fight, revolt etc. We will never get our freedom back by voting for tyrants.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Meester...your posts have continued to stray farther from reality and closer to unfounded right-wing talking points and Obama-bashing. It's getting old.
The Burger King here went belly up.
The Burger King!
Closed.
That's the reality I live in.

I like Newt.
Thats one reason why. Balls. Take no shit.
And he'd make puddin out of Obama in a debate.

Good original post. Especially in light of Newt winning in SC. I don't get it. Forget the personal stuff, this is a guy who held America hostage in the '90's with the impeachment.

Romney is disconnected. He also is not a strong campaigner. His political background isn't strong enough to make up for his lack of campaigning chops.

I like some of what I heard from Huntsman, but even him.

I'm a conservative who has been unhappy with the Republicans since 2003.

I reluctantly voted for Obama. Really just wanting to have change for the sake of change.

I'd like change again and the Republicans actually had an opportunity, but I guess their going to wait and see if anything but a heart attack can beat Chris Christie next time around. This time around the Republicans are out of their minds.

You have true and viable candidates like Jon Huntsman falling by the wayside and a totally-disconnected Mitt Romney leading the pack. What the fuck does this party stand for...decadent extravagance? That's the only thing I can think of! Read this:

Link is here:

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11378629/1/mitt-romney-thinks-374k-not-very-much.html

The alternatives to Romney aren't any better. Rick Perry displays his absolute ignorance by making these remarks last night at the republican debate:

Link here:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/17/perry-draws-turkey-rebuke-over-debate-comments/

And these guys want to be president? What a fucking joke....:1orglaugh It's enough to make a guy like Newt Gingrich actually look legitimate!! :eek:

I, for one, would love to have a true and bonafide alternative to Obama....but these clowns aren't even close. How can anyone get behind these candidates??? I mean....really....it's pathetic!! The republican party is in ruins from my perspective....the inmates are truly in charge of the asylum. :facepalm:

You're all over the place. First of all, I haven't said that Obama is innocent all I asked for was some concrete, sourced examples of how he's "proven he can not work with the opposition". You failed to provide any. Solyndra, what's that? Some sort of solar energy interest. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect people to back up what they say. If you're going to claim Obama is whatever, have a damn source and reason for your position or save it for someone that's not going to analyze it.

Reading through some of the posts. I found this thread to be a good on. Great original post that spurred some interesting thinking.

I don't think the supposition is that Obama didn't try to work with the Republicans. I actually think he did try fairly hard. From what I read on the thread and what I think - he was not able to work with the Republicans. It isn't a question of effort, it is a question of success in leadership.

I remembered this article that points out that maybe he tried too hard.
http://blogs.ajc.com/cynthia-tucker/2010/10/15/obama-tried-too-hard-to-work-with-republicans/

Someone posted that Obama may have been part of starting the non-working-together attitude by the way he pushed the Health Care Reform Bill through. I don't think it is unheard of to take advantage of a majority, but there is probably merit that there is fallout from that.

I have to agree - what has become of the Republican party. They have become the party of "No" with a poor selection of candidates. Especially at a time when the Democrats have some weakness they could exploit in Obama.

xfire

To claim that Obama "failed" to work with republicans makes the implied assumption that republicans were willing to work with him. They weren't and it's just another weaselly republican way of attacking Obama.

To claim that Obama "failed" to work with republicans makes the implied assumption that republicans were willing to work with him. They weren't and it's just another weaselly republican way of attacking Obama.

Not sure if you're replying to my post.

If I said that Obama failed to get Republicans to work with him I'm not making a "weaselly" anything. I clearly stated that the Republicans have become the party of "no" and that thee is a case to be made that Obama tried too hard.
The government has become unproductive under his watch. Republicans have been borderline treasonous in their obstruction.

Hey, you want to ignore that this is Obama's administration, then you're just showing your political colors. I have absolutely zero issue with that.

I'm not sure if your post was in response to mine. If it was I take issue with the implication that I was making a weaselly republican attack on Obama. That is a load of poop. I was stating my opinion and I do my best to look at all sides.

xfire

Not sure if you're replying to my post.

If I said that Obama failed to get Republicans to work with him I'm not making a "weaselly" anything. I clearly stated that the Republicans have become the party of "no" and that thee is a case to be made that Obama tried too hard.
The government has become unproductive under his watch. Republicans have been borderline treasonous in their obstruction.

Hey, you want to ignore that this is Obama's administration, then you're just showing your political colors. I have absolutely zero issue with that.

I'm not sure if your post was in response to mine. If it was I take issue with the implication that I was making a weaselly republican attack on Obama. That is a load of poop. I was stating my opinion and I do my best to look at all sides.

No I wasn't responding to your post. I was referring to those that have made the suggestion that Obama has failed to work with republicans. Sorry if I confused you.

Obama isn't my hero and I'm not accusing you of anything.

Christa

Christa Omalley RN
I feel sad for our GOP field in 202!

I feel sad for our GOP field in 202!

I don't. Although it is a sad field.

I fee sad for any Republican who wanted a sincere and bright candidate that could help America.

I agree with what you're saying and you've probably put it better than I did.

I'm not going to argue with semantics

Good original post. Especially in light of Newt winning in SC. I don't get it. Forget the personal stuff, this is a guy who held America hostage in the '90's with the impeachment.

Romney is disconnected. He also is not a strong campaigner. His political background isn't strong enough to make up for his lack of campaigning chops.

I like some of what I heard from Huntsman, but even him.

I'm a conservative who has been unhappy with the Republicans since 2003.

I reluctantly voted for Obama. Really just wanting to have change for the sake of change.

I'd like change again and the Republicans actually had an opportunity, but I guess their going to wait and see if anything but a heart attack can beat Chris Christie next time around. This time around the Republicans are out of their minds.

Reading through some of the posts. I found this thread to be a good on. Great original post that spurred some interesting thinking.

I don't think the supposition is that Obama didn't try to work with the Republicans. I actually think he did try fairly hard. From what I read on the thread and what I think - he was not able to work with the Republicans. It isn't a question of effort, it is a question of success in leadership.

I remembered this article that points out that maybe he tried too hard.
http://blogs.ajc.com/cynthia-tucker/2010/10/15/obama-tried-too-hard-to-work-with-republicans/

Someone posted that Obama may have been part of starting the non-working-together attitude by the way he pushed the Health Care Reform Bill through. I don't think it is unheard of to take advantage of a majority, but there is probably merit that there is fallout from that.

I have to agree - what has become of the Republican party. They have become the party of "No" with a poor selection of candidates. Especially at a time when the Democrats have some weakness they could exploit in Obama.

Newt Gingrich is the perfect representative for the Republican party. Fat, white and angry

This.

Just add 'Hypocrite' ;)

I agree with your comments on Newt, except that it makes him the perfect representative for the Republican party. Then again, maybe you're right and it isn't just a few wackos that seem to be having their day. Maybe it is time for a new party to emerge. Just like the Republican Party did emerge with Lincoln.