• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

what game are you playing right now?

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I know you said you don't like FPS... but you didn't say you won't play em. So I auggest Hunt: Showdown. It is a permadeath game. You lose everything if you die. Looks fun. If not idk because ps4 sucks and so do you lol

I basically wont but it has to be special. I actually liked Medal of Honor: Allied Assault once upon a time. I play Minecraft and most games a permadeath, so I am curious a little. I'll have a look at this trailer or whatever.

I basically wont but it has to be special. I actually liked Medal of Honor: Allied Assault once upon a time. I play Minecraft and most games a permadeath, so I am curious a little. I'll have a look at this trailer or whatever.

Makes me wanna get a ps4

I need two PS4 games. I have rentals available and nothing on my list. What should I be playing?
I don't like first person shooters or super super anime stuff. Go!
I just got back from the local game shop and everything was about Kakarot.
Is that too "super super anime" for you?

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
I'll check out Horizon Dawn. Thanks for the list. That one looks the most up my alley as far as exploring. I should try the Uncharted series again. I tried part one and didn't like it. They say 4 is good.

Got it today! I'll give it a spin soon. Thanks for the tip, Reginator!

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
:thumbsup:

So far, I'm actually really liking Horizon Zero Dawn. Glad I picked it up. I can enjoy exploring, using stealth, being OCD and finding things I don't need to, and not be stressed out. Good game so far.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
No Man's Sky on PS4[/QUOTE
D00d! How is the living ship expansion?! Inquiring minds want to know!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Games on the front burner:
7th Dragon 3 VFD
Pokemon Black2 Randomizer special
Bravely Default

Will be played, eventually:
Dwarf Fortress
The Dark Crystal, Tactics

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
I have no idea. I just bought it over the weekend since it's on sale in the PS Store and I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing exactly. I'm trying to build a weapon so that I can stop running from shit.:1orglaugh

Oh. WEll.. um, here is help you didnt ask for:
Did you patch the game ALL THE WAY UP, already? If you didnt do that, stop playing immediately and get the latest. The vanilla game is insanely different than the first couple patches, let alone the latest few. (Developer kept developing free DLC as 'game fixes' to deliver upon the original promise. Like.. this game turned from disappiontment to 'holy shit this isnt bad')

Other than that, dont let the 'periodic table of the elements' type shit fool you, this game is actually simple. Look at the colors for everything. Yellow charges this, red charges that, and then there is random shit all over.. like Gek relics. (You'll use relics and race stuff JUST to talk to members of THOSE races and slowly learn their language. Like imagine picking up a burrito and walking to the nearest mexican and giving it to him in exchange to permanently find out what 'lo siento' means in conversation.
You might think thats a bit oversimplified and racially.. odd.. but thats what the game does. This race wants microchips, that one wants catnip. Etc etc

Get your first terraforming beam weapon ASAP.
DONT SHOOT THE DRONES! (Yet)
Learn all the words you can.
Build the three basic things and bookmark the area... you'll be coming back to that area QUITE a bit in the next hour.
Dont rush building a base, you wont have the materials for it for a loong time.
Dont worry about your first few ships, they'll suck.
dont buy the machine gun boltcaster thing until you feel like constantly keeping it charged. Worry about the main mining laser.

Story mode? Kinda. Story mode hands out way better equipment at random, so find those artifacts, visit those monuments, answer the questions.
Or grind like friggin mad to buy better everything at the merchant.. which is actually a screen.
DONT FIGHT THE PIRATES. You'll see why.
Dont get lost in caves until you can terraform out of them.
Dont build vehicles, yet.

Thats it. Thats the whole game, but not.

Memorize your color coded element dependencies, scan everything, learn words and dont play the game sober.

Edit: OH! And if you need money, jump in your ship when you get it, take off, fly around while searching, once you find large greenish ore columns.. or deposits.. land. Stripmine. One or two of most of those 'finds' should net you a good down payment on a trade-in ship upgrade.
and a lotta things will never make sense. Like whats with this pyramid scheme building? I need 20 of this to make that, 5 of those to make one warp coil.. condenser.. warp egg, industrial lubricant.. something?
Yeah. You should already know, if you've put a few hours in. The items used to make more sense, but the element recharging system didnt.
"So my gun runs on carbon? And radioactive materials? and I'll need an upgrade to do anything else? Why does my suit charge better off base elements than batteries? etc etc.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Renting Red Dead Redemption 2 again. I played Mr. Morgan as a real stand up dude last time. I don't know if I can make him the bad guy this time. Should I?

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Renting Red Dead Redemption 2 again. I played Mr. Morgan as a real stand up dude last time. I don't know if I can make him the bad guy this time. Should I?

In other news, playing too much pokemon. The simplest games are the most addicting.
Played chess for hours. (Ya know, sticking with simple stuff)