• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What do you do to be more energy efficient and ecologically friendly?

This is a fairly popular topic for many people, though I know there are those here who will mock the thread, saying it's unnecessary to be more efficient/ecologically minded.

I, however, like to do everything I can. Not only to save money - because it doesn't always save money - but to live greener, less dependent on others, and closer to my food/energy supplies. By this time next year, I hope to have a wind turbine that will allow me to unplug from the grid. Whenever possible, I drive a motorcycle that gets me 60 MPG, or so. I grow enough potatoes that I never have to buy them. Same with herbs, carrots, onions, and a bunch of other stuff. I try to eat locally, I get my meat from local farmers.

Now, this doesn't mean I'm a green-freak. I'm not expecting anyone else to do these things. I certainly don't think myself superior because of these things. This is something that I enjoy, and is important to me. I'm just curious if there are others who do any of these things?

Discuss.

I try to do all the basic stuff: turn off any lights or electronic devices when I'm not using them, recycling whenever possible and buying products made from recycled materials.

I am a major supplier of methane. Hey, that stuff can be turned into electricity! :D

SpexyAshleigh

Official Checked Star Member
I grow my own veggies and herbs. I support my local farmers when at all possible and buy all my meat off a local organic farm.

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
I went to a tankless water heating system. I saw my gas utility bill drop by 95% by the very next bill. I also put in double pane insulated windows, and signed up for my energy companies incentive plan to turn my AC off if there's a threat of a brown-out in the area.

Facetious

Moderated
I only use about 3-4 gallons each time I shower. Why leave the water running, it's total b/s, just get wet, turn the water off, lather up nice and good and rinse off, done. Think about it, you're actually getting cleaner when using less water... let the soap kinda just hang out on your body so it can do it's thing instead of rinsing it off immediately...works for me. ;)

I'm a big advocate for the use of natural gas in applications where coal or gasoline are normally used... nat gas is some 30% cleaner burning than gasoline and eons cleaner burning than coal. How many thousands of tons of thorium, uranium and various heavy metals are being expended into out upper atmosphere each year from coal fired power plants? The answer will trouble you.

Facetious

Moderated
My batches of cocaine do not, I repeat, do not contain benzine, a known carcinogen.

Oh, and I only use biodegradable peanuts for packing material. :1orglaugh

Regularly recycle, have a good German Boiler which is as energy efficient as they get and double glazed windows. Don't waste too much water and regularly turn electrical goods off when not in use.

I recycle. I have solar panels on my house. My commuter car is a Volt (I don't think this is green though). I actually tried to buy local and coffee that doesn't promote forest destruction, but I've grown lazy.

Shifty

O.G.
[B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/red-xxx said:
Red XXX[/URL][/B], post: 6753718, member: 55251"]I use a wind powered vibrator :surprise:

I have a man-powered one. Interested? :yesyes:

I don't own a car. Bike everywhere. My gf grows veggies in the backyard. We recycle everything possible. We produce very little garbage. Half a bin every two weeks. Turn the lights off and all that shit.

Well, I sort of do a cost/benefit analysis. What is the cost of ownership of a hybrid compared to the cost of ownership of a regular gas guzzling car? Same thing with stuff like light bulbs, is it really worth paying $50 for a light bulb that's supposed to last a long time instead of incandescent light bulbs that last for a couple months? @ avg 2 months = 6 light bulbs/year at .99 cents box of 3 = .33 cents each so then it's about 2 bucks/year for light bulbs per room with some light bulbs lasting waaaaaaaaay more than 2 months....anyway, not worth it.

Plus, I mean, people were having a cow over Chinese products that contained lead, but a fragile product, that can break if it falls, that contains mercury is okay? :dunno: Where is the logic in that?

Fuck it, I do what I believe can save $$ but I don't go overboard.

funny-gifs-spidey-does-what-he-wants.gif

I try to save water by taking group showers...but with limited success. For some reason, attractive women don't appreciate it when you approach them in parking lots and suggest things like that.

edirons22

...currently wanking!
I recycle (paper, plastic, glass...), try to use less energy (I have changed the light bulbs to CFL), taking my bike instead of the car whenever I can.

I employ illegal immigrants to do menial tasks.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
I walk, everywhere. Have not owned a car my life, have absolutely no interest in ever doing so. I am in good enough shape to walk where ever I need.
I recycle everything that I can recycle. I buy at the local farmer's market.
Among other things.