• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What do you do to be more energy efficient and ecologically friendly?

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I recycle and only drive if it's not within walking distance. I'm working on some solar panel ideas.

Don't drive - although this isn't for ecological reasons, it's just pointless owning a car in London, but I'll tack it onto this for no reason. Limit my meat consumption - more for health purposes. Recycle when and where I can, even though my local authority isn't great for that kind of thing.

Of course until it's taken seriously at a state level such measures are in vain - as sad as it is to say.

I.. only drive if it's not within walking distance.

Define "walking distance". I know people who consider 3 blocks to be too far to walk. For me, walking distance is up to 5 miles.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I can get to the post office, bank, grocery store, city hall, and Dairy Queen in less than five minutes on foot. Anything else is like twenty miles away.

I can get to the post office, bank, grocery store, city hall, and Dairy Queen in less than five minutes on foot. Anything else is like twenty miles away.

:1orglaugh That sounds eerily like Midland, TX.

Recycle. My car is a four banger (Dual overhead cam though, with a couple mods so I can actually quite get up there - I hit 100MPH on 94 and I found a had a governor on there when it cut off, lol). I used to have a garden but the lot is much too small in the area I am and I wasn't very good at it. I have an 80CC Honda Aero that is a wreck right now but got like 90-100MPG when it was in good order and I hope to some day get my motorcycle license and use it when gas hits $6.00/gallon. I'm trying to get more physically fit and get those extra 10lb off.

:dunno:

Oh yeah, I LOVE thrift stores and get quite a bit of my gear secondhand at places like Goodwill. You cannot imagine the dope gear I've got as well. Also pretty much anything else I can find at thrift stores. I actually rarely (I can't remember the last time) shop at places like Walmart or Target anymore. I also donate to Goodwill and gave them like three big ass garbage bags of my old (name brand) stuff.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
recycle everything. not only to the recycle bin, but i reuse everything i can. we also have a pretty good car for gas mileage, couldnt afford a hybrid but our car gets 39/gal which is better than nothing. i also wait to get my errands done in one go. i dont make little trips all the time.

i also use very little electricity, we use candles at night, use small appliances like toaster ovens instead of the real oven, all that shit. we garden and try to eat locally produced food when we can.

i dont kill bees, we dont use excessive packaging. pretty much everything we can. my girl and i are pretty eco-friendly and aware for sure.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
The most ecologically thing anyone can do is to drive their gas guzzling cars until the wheels fall off. People don't realize that owning a Vaginamobile, I'm sorry, Hybrid car, does far worse things to the environment than a conventionally powered auto. Mining Lithium and the other composites that go into their batteries; shipping everything back and forth on a cargo ship and other factors mean that one of those tree hugging pussies has polluted far worse than my 1988 Ford Bronco before they have even driven it off the lot.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
The most ecologically thing anyone can do is to drive their gas guzzling cars until the wheels fall off. People don't realize that owning a Vaginamobile, I'm sorry, Hybrid car, does far worse things to the environment than a conventionally powered auto. Mining Lithium and the other composites that go into their batteries; shipping everything back and forth on a cargo ship and other factors mean that one of those tree hugging pussies has polluted far worse than my 1988 Ford Bronco before they have even driven it off the lot.

I meant to write "The most ecologically sound thing............."

I meant to write "The most ecologically sound thing............."

If you've got $100 to fill your beast every time, by all means, knock yourself out. I don't have a problem with people who choose gas guzzlers. I simply can't afford to fill mine to the tune of $4 x 13 every time. I'm way too frugal to see my money go to that shit. Besides I love my car to death and it's been good to no end for me.

I do like American Muscle and trucks though and won't hesitate for a second to buy old Muscle some time down the road.

I don't own a car. Bike everywhere. My gf grows veggies in the backyard. We recycle everything possible. We produce very little garbage. Half a bin every two weeks. Turn the lights off and all that shit.

I walk, everywhere. Have not owned a car my life, have absolutely no interest in ever doing so. I am in good enough shape to walk where ever I need.
I recycle everything that I can recycle. I buy at the local farmer's market.
Among other things.

But how do you fellows transport your date or cruise for chicks on your feet and bike? :elaugh:

I couldn't live without my car. It's my baby.

I burn tires and motor oil. The black cloud means it's healthy. Then I pour battery acid into the water.

I burn tires and motor oil. The black cloud means it's healthy. Then I pour battery acid into the water.

Hopefully you drink the water right afterwards while inhaling deeply.

Facetious

Moderated
For all of you solar guys... do you have any idea how solar panels are manufactured (in china)? Well, they're like giant computer motherboards that consist of various toxic resins and heavy metals for starters. They're environmentally unfriendly in the manufacturing process and they're environmentally unfriendly at the end of their service life, i.e. not recyclable. Yep, just line up all of the PRC's political prisoners (the one's who are lucky enough not to have their organs harvested), and put them to work on the world's largest producing solar panel manufacturers where there are no environmental restraints whatsoever.... and just dump all of todays 55 gallon drums of PCB laden sludge out yonder some 200 yards away from the assembly line, nobody will notice.

Oh, and manufacture these solar panels to the degree that they'll only have an approximate 7 year service life ... keep those irons hot in China! :1orglaugh

For all of you solar guys... do you have any idea how solar panels are manufactured (in china)? Well, they're like giant computer motherboards that consist of various toxic resins and heavy metals for starters. They're environmentally unfriendly in the manufacturing process and they're environmentally unfriendly at the end of their service life, i.e. not recyclable. Yep, just line up all of the PRC's political prisoners (the one's who are lucky enough not to have their organs harvested), and put them to work on the world's largest producing solar panel manufacturers where there are no environmental restraints whatsoever.... and just dump all of todays 55 gallon drums of PCB laden sludge out yonder some 200 yards away from the assembly line, nobody will notice.

Oh, and manufacture these solar panels to the degree that they'll only have an approximate 7 year service life ... keep those irons hot in China! :1orglaugh

While you're entirely right, I would point out that there are more locally produced solar panels that are subject to a lot more scrutiny.

Red XXX

Official Checked Star Member
You sound like my partner, only drives 240 Volvos if he can't get 500,000 miles from one he feels cheated!

not to mention the electricity to recharge them has to come from somewhere too...buying one to save on fuel charges i can understand, buying one to save the environment is bullshit and i wish people understood that. the best bet is a regular gas burning econo-car to be honest...personally though, the $30,000 i save by not buying a new prius can pay for a hell of a lot of gas for my old v8's. which are way more fun anyway :D

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
I use the cloth bags for shopping since they hold more, don't cut my hands, and I don't have to throw out the plastic. We have 2 separate dumpsters for our apartments. 1 for trash and 1 for recyclables. The trash man comes to pick up and dumps both into the same truck. No separate compartments. All gets mixed together. The cost of that second dumpster is paid for with my rent. I went to the management about this and all they said was,"Well, that's just the way it is and there's nothing we can do about it." Needless to say I don't separate anymore.