• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What are you reading now?

i just finished reading the left behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. 16 VERY good books...couldnt put them down.

im about to read this book called "Pagan Babies" by Elmore Leonard
I also wanna re-read "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown...one of the best books i've ever read

I just finished a book called Infected by scott sigler. I picked it up just on a whim, and I was glad that I did. I'd recommend it if you like modern fast paced science fiction. But it may be more appealing to those who lean towards horror and a turn off to the squeamish because it is pretty graphic with the gore.

for the classics i'm reading some PK Dick.

also I have a non-fiction book on time travel.

I bought a few new (to me) books, but i'll wait till next time to post on those.

i just finished reading the left behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. 16 VERY good books...couldnt put them down.

I actually like those books too. I just imaged that they were fantasy, which they are, and tried to ignore that people really believe in that stuff. They are entertaining, but not the best quality of writing and it's really silly how naive they seem to be about non-religious people. It's like "Oh, you've heard of Jesus Christ and the bible? I didn't think that atheists knew about stuff like that, since they don't go to church."

they seem to think that people don't believe in Evangelical Christianity because they don't know about it, not because they know about it and think it's bullshit.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I am currently reading Rage, by Stephen King/Richard Bachman.

Good book. It's really hard to find since the subject matter makes it rather controversial, but if you come across it I suggest picking it up. One of his better stories.

Last edited:
I just finished a book called Infected by scott sigler. I picked it up just on a whim, and I was glad that I did. I'd recommend it if you like modern fast paced science fiction. But it may be more appealing to those who lean towards horror and a turn off to the squeamish because it is pretty graphic with the gore.

I read this after reading your recomendation because it sounded like the kind of book I would enjoy, and I like you Im glad I did it was a very good SciFi/Horror book and just the kind of thing I like :hatsoff:

Im currently reading:

Paradise Lost - John Milton
and
Failed States - Noam Chomsky.

dave_rhino

Closed Account
The Road - Cormac McCarthy

Is that in preperation for the movie? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898367/

I'm currently reading Mr Nice, an autobiography of Howard Marks.

During the mid-'80s Howard Marks had forty-three aliases and eighty-nine phone lines, and he owned twenty-five companies trading throughout the world. Bars, recording studios, offshore banks -- all were money-laundering vehicles serving the core business: dope dealing. At the height of his career he was smuggling consignments of up to thirty tons of marijuana and had contact with organizations as diverse as MI6, the CIA, the IRA, and the Mafia. Following a worldwide operation by the DEA, he was busted and sentenced to twenty-five years in prison at Terre Haute Penitentiary, Indiana. He was released in April 1995 after serving seven years of his sentence. With pages of photographs, and told with humor, charm, and candor, Mr Nice is his own extraordinary story. Mr Nice has been one of the biggest-selling memoirs in Britain in recent memory, topping both the Sunday Times hardcover and paperback best-seller lists.

The Road - Cormac McCarthy

I think I've seen that mentioned on here a few times. actually, I'm almost positive that I talked about it.

It wasn't immediately popular when it came out, but it seems to be quite popular now. I'm not sure why, because it doesn't really seem to be the kind of book that would appeal to the mainstreams interest, at least compared to the usual best sellers.

Failed States - Noam Chomsky.

how is that? I was thinking about reading it, but I figured that it wasn't really going to be saying anything that we haven't heard before.

PS. I'm glad that you liked that Infected book.

dave_rhino

Closed Account
It wasn't immediately popular when it came out, but it seems to be quite popular now. I'm not sure why, because it doesn't really seem to be the kind of book that would appeal to the mainstreams interest, at least compared to the usual best sellers.

Probably because of the success of No Country For Old Men (by the same author) and it's coming out as a movie later this year.

Hmmmmmmmmm...since I last posted here, I have read the following books:

Beauty's Release
books 5-13 in the Stephanie Plum series
maybe a few others

I'm currently reading A Breath of Snow and Ashes