• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What are you reading now?

I'm not really seriously reading anything right now. I need to get some new books.

some time travel book off and on. picking at Fight Club (I think this is like the fifth or sixth time reading it, so I can't really get into it for more than a chapter at a time.) reading a few other books I own off and on. I need to go to the library.

I don't read books.

Print is dead. Romantic, but dead.

Also, my attention span is far too short to actually sit down and read an entire bo...excuse me.

S

sputnikgirl

I'm re-reading a textbook I had in college about 19th century literature. I wrote my honors thesis comparing 19th c. American lit to post 9-11 American lit.

The Elegant Universe: Superstrings, Hidden Dimensions and the Quest for the Ultimate Theory - Brian Greene.

As someone who is not a physics student this is easy to read and very interesting.

War Against the Weak: Eugenics and America's Campaign to Create a Master Race

An amazing work which uncovers the inspiration behind Nazi eugenics in some of America's most well-known and well respected public figures and philanthropic organisations, as well as shedding light on the consequences of 'human engineering' on the American people for the first six decades of the twentieth century. There are some absolutely heart-breaking anecdotes in this painstakingly well-researched book.

The introduction and first chapter are available online.

The God Delusion (Richard Dawkins). Anyone else read it? Opinions?

It was definitely an interesting read. I enjoyed it, but I've never quite understood the hullabaloo over it. There's nothing particularly original about it. By and large, it's a compendium of other people's arguments, and there are many, many other works just like that.

I'm re-reading a textbook I had in college about 19th century literature. I wrote my honors thesis comparing 19th c. American lit to post 9-11 American lit.

I would love to read your paper if you still have it.

A Tail Between Two Cities: by Andrea Wayne Von Konigslow

The God Delusion (Richard Dawkins). Anyone else read it? Opinions?

I Prefer God and The State by Bakunin.

"The liberty of man consists solely in this: That he obeys natural laws because he has himself recognized them as such, and not because they have been externally imposed on him by any extrinsic will whatever, human or divine, collective or individual."

Dream Sparrow, that book sounds Illuminating and frightening.

I decided on reading Narcissus and Goldmund by Herman Hesse, followed by A Canticle For Liebowitz by Walter M. Miller. They both deal with Monks searching for truth and enlightenment, and seem like a good pairing.

There is a book that I want to get called House of Leaves. I've heard nothing but good reviews of it and it sounds interesting. Has anyone here read it?

Just some National Geographic mags I picked up at my parents house, and my regular comics. Secret Invasion is pretty great so far. I need to get to the library soon tho.

what comics do you read slacker guy? I used to be really big into comics. I briefly caught up with all that had been happening around the time that Marvel Civil War came out, but I've totally fallen out of the loop again in the past couple years.

There is a book that I want to get called House of Leaves. I've heard nothing but good reviews of it and it sounds interesting. Has anyone here read it?

I ordered House Of Leaves from Amazon a couple of days ago. Hasnt arrived yet, but looks good.

Being a nerd I'm totally geeking out on The Marvel Encylopedia.
Yeah, my friend has that and it is awesome. I need to buy my own.

I don't know if you're into DC Comics but they have there own encyclopedia. I have it and it's cool, too (at least if you like DC).

what comics do you read slacker guy? I used to be really big into comics. I briefly caught up with all that had been happening around the time that Marvel Civil War came out, but I've totally fallen out of the loop again in the past couple years.

What I always wanted them to do, but I know they probably never will, was to put all the comics older than a few years in one series on disk so people could go back and read all the old ones on a computer. That way they could take all the Spiderman comics, that came out further back than 5 years ago for example, and sell it for like 50 or 100 dollars or something. I might actually buy something like that, and it would be a lot easier than trying to acquire all the old out of print ones that they aren't going to profit from much anymore anyway.