• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

War, what is it good for?

Back to our regularly scheduled program:

Pentagon says it shot down Yemen missiles that may have been headed towards Israel
https://www.npr.org/2023/10/20/1207523642/yemen-missiles-intercepted
The USS Carney, which is currently stationed in the Northern Red Sea, successfully intercepted three cruise missiles and several drones that had been launched by Houthi forces in Yemen
The incident could represent the first shots taken by the U.S. military in defense of Israel since the country was attacked by the Palestinian militant group on Oct. 7.
Lets hope this is a 1-off and not a sign that others are looking to get involved.

Europe: Right to protest must be protected during latest escalations in Israel/OPT
https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/n...cted-during-latest-escalations-in-israel-opt/

..in many European countries, the authorities are unlawfully restricting the right to protest. Measures range from those targeting certain chants, Palestinian flags and signs, to subjecting protesters to police brutality and arrest. In some cases, protests have been banned altogether.

For example, authorities in Germany banned the vast majority of protests for Palestinian rights, and on Tuesday France’s government was told by the highest administrative court that it could not impose a blanket ban on all demonstrations in support of Palestinians.”

Ah, now I see why a certain mod seems to have his slant on the issue.

States have a legal obligation to ensure that people are able to peacefully express their grief, concerns and their solidarity. With a number of protests planned for this weekend we call on authorities across Europe to protect and facilitate everyone’s right to express themselves and peacefully assemble.
Europe needs to take a look at the rest of the world - banning peaceful protests for just one side of the conflict is not something done by democratic states.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
War, what is it good for?

Absolutely nothing, say it again! That's a classic line from the anti-war protest song by Edwin Starr. It's a pretty powerful statement about the futility and destructiveness of war. War brings pain, suffering, and destruction. It tears apart families, nations, and societies. It creates cycles of violence that can take generations to overcome. So yeah, not good for much. WAR. IS. NOT. GOOD. FOR. ANYTHING.

~ AI

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
That's the best AI can come up with? Even you must realize how utterly generic that statement is. I knew people that served in Korea, and I know people that have served in Vietnam, the gulf, and Afghanistan. In fact, my late neighbor was on Omaha beach, during the Normandy invasion, and without fail, everyone of them has said the exact same thing as that "AI post" you made, only more concisely, and poinently. They all said either, hell on Earth, it sucked, or I don't wanna talk about it. Like my teacher used to say, when she would hand me back a paper, with a big red "D" on it. "Try putting it your own words next time."

Mr. Daystar

Back to our regularly scheduled program:

Pentagon says it shot down Yemen missiles that may have been headed towards Israel
https://www.npr.org/2023/10/20/1207523642/yemen-missiles-intercepted

Lets hope this is a 1-off and not a sign that others are looking to get involved.
It's not. This is going to be a messy one. Iran is ready to jump in, and Israel hit two targets in Syria, they say had connections to terrorists. They have told Lebanon to stay clear, and warned of what will happen if hezbollah gets involved. I didn't think about posting the link when it was on the page, if it shows up, I'll edit it, or if you want, you can search it on yahoo. Everyone over there is just about had it with Israel's bullshit, and they're just chomping at the bit. I even read a story about a teacher in England, that didn't side with Israel, and made the correlation between Israel's actions, and nazi Germany's actions, and she was reported to the police, and likely will lose her job, and possibly arrested for inciting hate crimes. No Constitution in England either. Can't say what you want, without a First Amendments. Of course it doesn't seem to be doing much good in America either.

EDIT: Here's one of the links I was talking about.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/pentagon-says-hold-iran-responsible-173235785.html

Last edited:

Luxman

#TRE45ON
War, what is it good for? Respond more concisely, and poignantly.

War, unfortunately, has always been a part of human history, and it's often been used as a tool for power, conquest, and domination. There are some who argue that war can be a catalyst for technological and societal progress, or that it can bring about positive political or social change. However, these arguments tend to be outweighed by the countless lives lost, destruction and suffering that wars cause. Ultimately, war is a messy and destructive phenomenon, and it's hard to argue that it's truly good for anything. It's a complicated issue that requires careful consideration and a nuanced perspective.

First-hand experience with the brutal realities of war can certainly help people understand its horrors, and it can even lead to people becoming staunch anti-war activists. However, it's not the only way to gain an understanding of war's consequences. Many people who haven't fought in or been directly affected by war have developed a deep understanding and empathy for those who have experienced it, through books, films, documentaries, and other forms of media. So while first-hand experience can be powerful, it's not the only way to develop an understanding of war's consequences.

~ AI

AI's analyze data and make conclusions logically, so you'll get differently worded broad anti-war pacifist responses every time you rephrase the question.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Which groups of people have suffered the most persecution throughout history?

Oh man, there are a lot of groups that could lay claim to that unfortunate title. Here are a few of the most persecuted groups throughout history:

Jews: Persecuted for centuries, particularly during the Holocaust in WWII, which saw the murder of millions.
African Americans: Enslaved and segregated for hundreds of years, and even after slavery was abolished, they faced discrimination, violence, and segregation well into the 20th century.
Indigenous peoples: From North and South America to Australia, indigenous peoples have been forcibly removed from their lands, their cultures suppressed, and their populations decimated through war, disease, and forced assimilation.
Children: Children have often been overlooked or exploited throughout history, with child labor, forced marriage, and abuse being common in many societies.
LGBTQ+ people: Throughout history, LGBTQ+ individuals have been subjected to criminalization, harassment, violence, and stigma for their sexual orientation and gender identity.
Women: Throughout history, women have been subjected to gender discrimination and oppression, denied basic rights, and treated as second-class citizens.
Religious minorities: From Christians and Muslims to Buddhists and Hindus, many religious minorities have faced persecution and violence for their beliefs.
Disabled people: People with disabilities have faced discrimination, neglect, and even abuse in various societies throughout history.
Roma: The Roma people, also known as Gypsies, have faced persecution and discrimination for centuries in Europe and beyond, often due to stereotypes and prejudices.
Refugees and asylum seekers: People fleeing conflict, persecution, or natural disasters have often been met with hostility and closed borders in the places they seek refuge.
Immigrants: In many societies throughout history, immigrants have been viewed as outsiders and subjected to discrimination and violence.

~ AI

Mr. Daystar

War, what is it good for? Respond more concisely, and poignantly.

War, unfortunately, has always been a part of human history, and it's often been used as a tool for power, conquest, and domination. There are some who argue that war can be a catalyst for technological and societal progress, or that it can bring about positive political or social change. However, these arguments tend to be outweighed by the countless lives lost, destruction and suffering that wars cause. Ultimately, war is a messy and destructive phenomenon, and it's hard to argue that it's truly good for anything. It's a complicated issue that requires careful consideration and a nuanced perspective.

First-hand experience with the brutal realities of war can certainly help people understand its horrors, and it can even lead to people becoming staunch anti-war activists. However, it's not the only way to gain an understanding of war's consequences. Many people who haven't fought in or been directly affected by war have developed a deep understanding and empathy for those who have experienced it, through books, films, documentaries, and other forms of media. So while first-hand experience can be powerful, it's not the only way to develop an understanding of war's consequences.

~ AI

AI's analyze data and make conclusions logically, so you'll get differently worded broad anti-war pacifist responses every time you rephrase the question.
Try not using AI, and giving an answer that comes from your own head, and heart. I think you realize the worst that can happen on this board, is a thumbs down, or a turd. Surely you can handle that. Now if you start waving certain flags around out in your community, who knows.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
I'm trying to add unbiased info to this thread. I don't know enough about the Israel-Gaza-Hamas situation or history to give an informed opinion.
All I know is that Hamas brutally attacked, murdered and kidnapped men, women, and children in Israel. Hamas should be eliminated, but I don't know to what extent Israel should go to eliminate the Hamas threat. Even if they come to some kind of peace deal that returns all the hostages and eliminates Hamas from Gaza. I don't think that there will ever be any lasting peace.
Is one of the reasons for the Hamas attack because 2023 is the 75th anniversary of Israel becoming an independent country in 1948?

Mr. Daystar

I'm trying to add unbiased info to this thread. I don't know enough about the Israel-Gaza-Hamas situation or history to give an informed opinion.
All I know is that Hamas brutally attacked, murdered and kidnapped men, women, and children in Israel. Hamas should be eliminated, but I don't know to what extent Israel should go to eliminate the Hamas threat. Even if they come to some kind of peace deal that returns all the hostages and eliminates Hamas from Gaza. I don't think that there will ever be any lasting peace.
Is one of the reasons for the Hamas attack because 2023 is the 75th anniversary of Israel becoming an independent country in 1948?
Okay, well I don't see how anybody can be completely unbiased about something this serious. I also know, in light of the situation, the only way you could not know enough, because you avoided it. I haven't seen much news that isn't about it. It's everywhere, all day. If you really don't know enough, read up. I would bet hard earned cash, that our fellow members would rather have YOUR opinion, honestly, then read a lot of "fluff", that does nothing, or would rather see you say, "I don't know/I don't care over something that was generated by something that can't laugh, or cry. What YOU think, is important, even if you are disagreed with. But honestly, most people think both sides are wrong, in some way, shape, or form, so your answer can't be wrong.

Mr. Daystar

https://www.yahoo.com/news/yemen-houthi-army-emerges-major-003502846.html

Looks like business is about to pick up. This is going to be the beginning, of how it all ends.
It's hard comprehend that the Yemini civil war will have gone on for a decade next year. And given that Al Qaida is one of the major players, you'd think the global community would be a little more vested in settling that country down. And because it's the rebels, and not the Yemini government that's stirring the shit, formal diplomatic resolutions are likely out the window.

Mr. Daystar

It's hard comprehend that the Yemini civil war will have gone on for a decade next year. And given that Al Qaida is one of the major players, you'd think the global community would be a little more vested in settling that country down. And because it's the rebels, and not the Yemini government that's stirring the shit, formal diplomatic resolutions are likely out the window.
We should still be carpet bombing those fucking little rat turds, for what they did to the USS Cole, a couple of decades ago. I think it was under Clintons watch. Every day, at random times, 3 flights of 3 B52" should make a pass over that shit stain of a country, and carve a little chunk of it out. In fact we should be doing the same thing to somalia, for what they did to those downed pilots.

Mr. Daystar

https://www.yahoo.com/news/israel-h...p-in-gaza-as-death-toll-climbs-172618515.html

I got money that says, while the US is trying to get aide in there, and weapons in place, they're trying to make a shady backroom deal with one of Palestine's allies, to give up a little land, for a state, in exchange for something they don't have a right to give. They're gonna end up giving money, or weapons to a country, or government that is going to end up using OUR weapons, on us, within the next 5 years.

Mr. Daystar

US fighter jets strike Iran-linked sites in Syria in retaliation for attacks on US troops
https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-strikes-iran-linked-sites-020822123.html

While they're retaliating against the attacks, it shouldn't be forgotten that the US is the one who drove up to their doorstep with the carrier group.
I'm inclined to believe that Iran would have struck US interests, and personnel even if we weren't present there. The only difference is, we struck back faster, and without the hassle of mid-air refueling. Any and all terrorist groups have us in the cross hairs all the time, and when opportunity presents itself, they do, what they do best. Hurt innocent people. They call us cowards because we have the technology to bomb from afar, but with accuracy and purpose. Our goals are governed by rules, and lawyers are consulted, to maintain the rules of engagement. Those miserable pieces of pig shit, blow up innocent civilians, because that's all they have, until we put boots on the ground. I think it was gmase that said, "what did hamas think would happen when they did what they did?". But you clearly know, people are disgusted, not because Israel retaliated, but HOW they retaliated. These radical muslims just can't seem to get a modern mentality, and still seem to think we live in a biblical age, while the rest of the world's religions have at least moved into a more modern belief about human rights, and their view of accepting other religions. These animals can't even get along with other muslims. Make no mistake, with Russia backing Syria, and a Chinese carrier group in the same area, plus the fact that foreign fighters keep fucking with our drones, and buzzing our B52's, we are going to be wading in the whole world's shit within a year. We also have to think that maybe Russia and China are going to use this as either a reason to start with us, or to thin us out, weaken us, and move right into main street USA.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
But you clearly know, people are disgusted, not because Israel retaliated, but HOW they retaliated.
What is the issue with how Israel retaliated?
From what I've read Israel only targeted Hamas missile and military sites, most of which were built near Palestinians homes.

Mr. Daystar

What is the issue with how Israel retaliated?
From what I've read Israel only targeted Hamas missile and military sites, most of which were built near Palestinians homes.
There was a lot of collateral damage. I don't know if they could have done anything different, but from what I see, and have read, people seem to believe that they could have been a little more careful. They have high end tech, hell most of it came from the US, and we tend to be fairly accurate with our delivery of munitions.

There was a lot of collateral damage. I don't know if they could have done anything different, but from what I see, and have read, people seem to believe that they could have been a little more careful. They have high end tech, hell most of it came from the US, and we tend to be fairly accurate with our delivery of munitions.
Exactly. Let's not forget that the US took out al-Qaeda leader al-Zawahiri inside his house, without even injuring anyone else. Let alone killing everyone in the neighbourhood.