• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

War, what is it good for?

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
That's why I feel that the US will have the best military for the foreseeable future. There is no other force in the world that has the combination of technology, funding, battle experience and global support, all without resorting to conscription.
Yeah, we have experience waging war, but have you noticed, for the longest time, since WWII as a matter of fact, we don't have much experience in winning.

Yeah, we have experience waging war, but have you noticed, for the longest time, since WWII as a matter of fact, we don't have much experience in winning.
The US doesn't have a problem winning wars. They have practically a spotless record when it comes to conventional military engagements.
It's the follow-through they suck at. They don't put nearly as much effort (or just not capable) of nation building.

One thing I'll always admire is how they kept the Japanese Emperor instead of deposing him. That went a long way into winning the hearts of the people, and it was just one of many steps they took in a great example of rebuilding a country after the war. They also de-Nazified West Germany successfully (while the Soviets fucked up East Germany & North Korea).

What happened since then (Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam, etc etc...), I don't know.🤷‍♂️

Mr. Daystar

We didn't win Korea, we certainly didn't win Viet Nam. I wouldn't call the first gulf war a victory, just a band aide, we had to reapply 10 years later. Had stormin Norman, been allowed to finish it all off, like we should have let Patton do, it would have been a win. We won nothing in Afghanistan, we accomplished nothing. The day after we left, the taliban was back, and the day after that, women were back to being less important then a dog. The sad part is, it's all our own fault, and a glaring proof, that the UN/NATO, are nothing more then benign military interventions, that accomplish nothing. You see, the wars we wage, are politically correct, and legally, and morally just. The problem is, that's not how you win a war. War is a savage, vile atrocity, that should never have to occur, and if that's how war was waged, maybe it would happen far less often, then it does. Not that I want to see that happen, but sometimes a hard lesson, leaves a lasting impression.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
Last edited:
The reports of Putin's debatable health, and the annexation of Ukraine not going to plan, NATO supersizing on Vlad's doorstep - one could be thankful that Russia doesn't do cruise control as well as the West.

Mr. Daystar

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukrainia...ination-attempt-two-months-ago-124633685.html
It seems to be hearsay, I would like to believe it's true, but when someone from the opposing side says, "but it really happened", you have no choice but to wonder. However, if it's true, that would take a lot of pressure off of the U.S., to pony up dough and fire power, my thinking obviously being, when he's been dispatched, hopefully it all just stops, slowly, but eventually. According to a headline I glanced at on Yahoo, Biden vows intervention if China invades Taiwan. I haven't read that article yet, just going by head line. But it would be nice not to have to deplete every resource we have, especially human life. We've lost a lot of lives over the past couple of decades.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-us-send-military-china-064258020.html

Then there's this. It seems like maybe, it's all falling apart from the inside, and it appears that this was not a popular move on Putin's part.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ashamed-top-russian-diplomat-leaves-124440593.html

Last edited:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukrainia...ination-attempt-two-months-ago-124633685.html
It seems to be hearsay, I would like to believe it's true, but when someone from the opposing side says, "but it really happened", you have no choice but to wonder. However, if it's true, that would take a lot of pressure off of the U.S., to pony up dough and fire power, my thinking obviously being, when he's been dispatched, hopefully it all just stops, slowly, but eventually. According to a headline I glanced at on Yahoo, Biden vows intervention if China invades Taiwan. I haven't read that article yet, just going by head line. But it would be nice not to have to deplete every resource we have, especially human life. We've lost a lot of lives over the past couple of decades.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-us-send-military-china-064258020.html

Then there's this. It seems like maybe, it's all falling apart from the inside, and it appears that this was not a popular move on Putin's part.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ashamed-top-russian-diplomat-leaves-124440593.html
You have a good point. We do have to weigh the credibility of the source, but we can just assume everything the "other side" says is false. If there is proof, it's probably in everyone's best interest to at least consider it. We know that the Ukrainians are all unicorns and marshmallows, and we've seen war crimes on their side as well (e.g. using captured Russian soldiers for propaganda).
There is a danger in just taking one side without hearing out the other. Ask Depp about that one.

The media/propaganda war is a huge part of this war, and it's one that Zelenskyy owned from the outset, which really shaped global opinion. Say what you will about Goebbels, but the impact his work had on the importance of propaganda is undeniable.

Mr. Daystar

I agree, but you know what's really fucked up. We have a certain ally in the middle east, that you know uses torture, and other means to get what they want, and we turn a blind eye to them.

Mr. Daystar

I agree, but you know what's really fucked up. We have a certain ally in the middle east, that you know uses torture, and other means to get what they want, and we turn a blind eye to them.
A certain ally? We have multiple allies in the Middle East alone where this is true. The US has even used them as proxies to outsource our torture in times where the US didn't feel inclined to do it themselves.

Mr. Daystar

I only consider Israel an ally in that region.

Mr. Daystar

When it suits them(and us)
Yeah, it's a fairly dysfunctional relationship. I've always suspected we actually pay them to NOT do anything, and be good little allies,