• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Total Nonstop Action wrestling thread

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Who will replace Taz?

UPDATE x 4: According to sources, Al Snow received a tryout to be a TNA announcer recently.

As previously reported, Snow did practice session voiceovers in studio with Josh Matthews after Taz’s issues with TNA began and he refused to take his scheduled flight to Nashville, TN to do voiceover work for the episode of iMPACT! that airs this Friday night on Destination America.

As you all likely know by now, Taz quit the company earlier today. He issued several tweets thanking the company (see below). Also, TNA’s Head of Talent Relations, John Gaburick, commented on the TNA departure of Taz. Gaburick tweeted the following:

@JohnGaburick

After 5+ years TNA & Taz have mutually decided to part ways. A champ in the ring & on the mic, we wish him nothing but success! @OfficialTAZ

Article

Al Snow

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Hardy & Manik Post Pics Of TNA Paychecks

UPDATE x 2: Matt Hardy and Manik have refuted stories of TNA having issues paying their talent by posting pictures of their checks to Twitter.

You can see the pics below.

Article

@MATTHARDYBRAND

TNA pays me so well & often that I almost feel bad.. Almost. I got 5 checks today alone! BIG $ MATT is jubilant!

TJ Perkins/MANIK @MaskaraManik

@MATTHARDYBRAND mine didn't come with a sharpie...mechanical pencil tho..

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Taryn Terrell should stay heel
1ekjxyBkRG8

They made Taryn a heel, because people cheered when Kong came back.

Which is stupid. Face can fight face.

Heels have fans. TNA needs to relise this.

What was the point of Velvet sky leaving?????? I don't understand
2Pkk-cRHyXs

Seems to just be another storyline.

Leaving and coming back, and feuding with each other needs to stop.

More Knockouts are needed.

Deepcover

Closed Account
Idk I think that's fucked I mean why make things so complicated for the TNA universe. Carter, Jarrett and the rest of the heads have a lot of explaining to do...

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
http://www.cagesideseats.com/tna-im...stination-america-cancels-all-tna-programming

Report: Destination America cancels all TNA programming

By Geno Mrosko
@cagesideseats on May 20, 2015, 10:57p

On the very same night one of the biggest stars in the history of TNA made his debut for WWE at the NXT Takoever: Unstoppable show in Orlando, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required but recommended) published a report that Destination America has cancelled all TNA programming.

A quick breakdown of what's happening:

TNA programming will continue to air until around late September or so, which would be the end of the third quarter.
This was supposed to be kept a secret because it doesn't do anyone any good to know this far ahead of time that the promotion is dead in the water.
The decision was made because Destination America wasn't satisfied with the ratings. Viewers were good for the station average but not good enough to justify how much money they were spending on it.
Advertising was also an issue, as pro wrestling continues to struggle on that front. TNA does not have the luxury WWE does in the sense that the USA Network pays for the programming that delivers strong enough ratings to keep them the number one rated cable network in prime time, which they can use to sell advertising on without even mentioning pro wrestling.

This could very well signal the end of TNA. The number two spot in pro wrestling, at least as far as promotions go, looks to be wide open once more.

27eKTfQ.gif

Deepcover

Closed Account
Well this isn't very surprising news tbh...Maybe Undertaker should come on the final show and put Dixie Carter and her wealthy click in a bunch of coffins...Thanks for the memories.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Bob Ryder Responds to Report of Destination America Canceling TNA Programming

Last night, Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer reported that Destination America will be canceling all TNA programming effective this September.

Meltzer noted the two leading factors in Destination America’s decision are advertising rates and the hight cost of TNA programming. The report noted regular Destination America sponsors did want to advertise during TNA shows.

Additionally, Meltzer noted the decision to cancel TNA programming was made prior to Destination America announcing Impact Wrestling’s move to Wednesday nights, and that key employees were informed of the decision beforehand. Meltzer also noted the story is “ongoing” and because the cancelation was announced before the Impact move to Wednesday nights, it isn’t definite, but it’s not a good sign that people at Destination America have been told nothing further since they were informed of the TNA cancelation.

In response to the report, TNA’s Bob Ryder posted the following on Twitter:

For almost 13 years some people have predicted we were about to go out of business. It's no more true today than it was then. #StandUp

https://twitter.com/brydertna

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/581443-bob-ryder-responds-tna-report

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
BREAKING NEWS: TNA RELEASE STATMENT ON RECENT RUMOURS, POTENTIAL LEGAL ACTION

TNA Released the following statement to reputable, long time wrestling reporter Bill Apter here;

Statement from TNA Regarding IMPACT WRESTLING;

“It has come to our attention that several internet news sources have falsely attributed statements to TNA, its executives and broadcasting partner.
These false statements constitute defamation and if necessary we will seek all legal remedies available to us.”

Article

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
A statement from Bob Ryder and an empty threat from TNA's website reinforces my opinion about TNA's closure. I dare them to sue Dave Meltzer. Anybody but shills wanna back up how healthy the company is? TNA has been circling the drain for some time and I don't see where they have any hope or plan to turn things around. A promoter, an agent, and a network all have motive to lie. Destination America still has programming scheduled they want to generate revenue from and the wrestling company wants to stop the bleeding of its wrestlers leaving TNA like rats jumping off a ship.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Billy Corgan claims Dave Meltzer is being 'worked by a sloppy angle' on TNA cancellation rumors

Just yesterday, Dave Meltzer reported in his Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required but recommended) that Destination America has cancelled all TNA programming, likely effective in the fall around September or so. In the time since, executives at TNA have taken to social media to refute reports stemming from Meltzer's words that the promotion is close to closing its doors.

Now, Billy Corgan, who recently joined the company as a member of its creative team, is claiming Meltzer is being worked:

Lou DAngeli:
Wrestling biz needs places for the boys to work, learn, & get exposure. Loosing a TV deal is not something people should be gloating about!

William Corgan:
@ldangeli It wouldn't be so bad if the whole truth was being reported and the person reporting wasn't being worked himself by a sloppy angle

William Corgan:
AND let's remember that I speak from experience, having had things written about me by Meltzer that he never got a statement from me about

TNA also released a statement to PW Insider on some of the stories going around about this situation:

Statement from TNA Regarding IMPACT WRESTLING

It has come to our attention that several internet news sources have falsely attributed statements to TNA, its executives and broadcasting partner. These false statements constitute defamation and if necessary we will seek all legal remedies available to us.

Article

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
How Does Dave Meltzer Just Get Away With Reporting an Absolute Lie?

At some point certain members of the Internet Wrestling Community have to not only be called out—-but, held responsible for totally, 100% lying when it comes to a story they report.

Recently Dave Meltzer reported on the Wrestling Observer that I am in talks with Lucha Underground’s Executive Producer Eric Van Wagenen regarding me joining his company. THIS IS A BOLD-FACED LIE. The fact is, I had never even heard of Eric Van Wagenen until Jeff Lane, the editor of this site, smarted me up to Dave Meltzer’s fictitious story this morning.

Bottom line—either Dave Meltzer is an absolute liar, just looking to stir up his readers by attempting to marry my name with Lucha, so the haters can come out and take their free cheap shots at me, or, one of Meltzer’s “reliable sources” is lying to him. Either way, I’ve had just about enough of the false stories as they pertain to me. Meltzer never made one, single effort to contact me about the story. Without even attempting to check his facts, he just went with a story for the sake of going with it.

On pyroandballyhoo.com, I would never run a story without checking the facts first. That’s called integrity. Obviously Dave Meltzer has none.

I await a retraction of the story.

Article

Dave Meltzer is a sensationalist and liar. He needs to be sued out of existence.

Wrestling fans want him gone.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
JR's Thoughts

His thoughts on the rumors of Destination America cancelling iMPACT! Wrestling: “The insanity that is Destination America is ongoing. As this is being written, the network still has yet to address the rumors that they are cancelling the TNA Impact Wresting TV program in September. The same program that the network abruptly moved from Friday nights to Wednesday nights with little or no advance warning. Nothing official from the network with all the rumors that flying around isn’t prudent in my opinion. Why an official statement can’t be made is hard to fathom but even if they do it late today (Friday) the long, Memorial Dy holiday will essentially engulf the information. I’ve talked to a few folks at TNA and they are as in the dark about this matter as TNA’s fans are. It’s insensitive and unprofessional to keep so many families of the wrestling company in the dark about their future.

I heard a rumor that Destination America wasn’t too keen on TNA announcing that their shows emanated from the UK a few weeks ago which also makes no sense if true. Plus, an insider informed me that it was the network who essentially demanded that Kurt Angle be made TNA World Champion. If any of this is true it sounds like the network is lobbying to be the ‘booker’ of the company as Kurt doesn’t need to work a full time in ring schedule that is often required of being a company’s top title holder. I am a wrestling fan and have been one for over half a century and hope that TNA and all wrestling companies for that matter remain on the air and are successful. The potential demise of TNA isn’t cause for celebration or any true wrestling fan.”

Article