• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Total Nonstop Action wrestling thread

I thought it was a joke when I first read that. Good news they FINALLY got a deal, bad news that it took so long, not to mention it's on a network out of left field.
I mean, the DISCOVERY network? Bet no one saw that coming.

This kind of reminds me of when ECW when to SyFy. They had to shoehorn elements that would appeal to their demo, i.e. the SciFi crowd, for example the whole vampire gimmick. I'm not sure exactly what demo Destination America shoots for, but I bet it's a little different than Spike, so it will be interesting to see what changes will be made.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
A MAJOR Backstage Update On TNA’s New TV Deal

UPDATE x 4: With the move to Destination America, TNA iMPACT! will remain a two-hour TV show. The show will air either on Tuesday night or Wednesday night. Here are some additional backstage notes on the new TV deal:

* TNA was working to sign more than just a new TV deal for the iMPACT! Wrestling TV show. While the Destination American deal is a smaller TV deal with less available viewers, TNA took the deal because of additional programming options and because Destination America will treat them as an important part of the network. The additional shows that are planned will allow them to make more revenue as well. That will ofset some of the loses from the SpikeTV departure.

* TNA was in negotiations with WGN, but the deal would have held TNA off of TV until the second quarter of 2015. TNA couldn’t take the risk of being off the air for that long and passed on the deal. It’s a good sign for the future though as WGN was definitly interested in carrying a wrestling promotion.

* TNA reportedly had discussions with FOX and CMT as well.

* TNA’s negotiations with SpikeTV reportedly ended about three weeks ago. SpikeTV was offering a smaller deal and would not give TNA additional programming.

* Some of the additional programming that Destination America may air are the TNA One Night Only specials.

* TNA will now focus on signing talent to new deals. From there, the plan is to refocus the creative direction of the company and to re-work the entire company from the inside out.

* Josh Matthews will be the point person on overhauling the TNA website. A new design and logos are in the works.

* Live event touring will likely remain very limited going forward.

* With the loss of the Spike TV deal, TNA will be off TV in Canada for now. The company is working on a new Canadian TV deal and an announcement on that is forthcoming. The main concern was the American TV deal.

UPDATE x 3: According to several sources, TNA is seeing its move to Destination America in 2015 as a positive step for the company’s future. This is even though the move will have TNA broadcast in less homes than before on Spike TV.

According to the sources, Destination America is fully on board with TNA and wants to take steps to help promote the product in two ways. Destination America plans on replaying iMPACT! every week and add secondary shows and unique specials. There is talk of bringing British Boot Camp to the US with the move or creating a US formatted version of the show.

TNA was initially planning to run a live show in New York on January 7, 2015. However, those plans have now changed. TNA has reportedly let its roster know that there will be update in the next few days. There are rumors that the company will film a new set of TV tapings later in December. For now, talks are said to still be up in the air.

Also, TNA announced the deal to their talents at a meeting (conference call) during the morning hours on Wednesday. The story/press release was then posted online immediately after the talents had been notified.

Article

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Thanksgiving Throwdown To Air on YouTube This Wednesday

Thanksgiving is here! A time to stuff your face with delicious food, spend time with family and friends, and shop til’ you drop.

Since IMPACT is taking a week off of Spike (returning December 3), TNA is sharing an online exclusive of the best Turkey Bowl matches of all time when “Thanksgiving Throwdown” premieres on YouTube this Wednesday, Nov. 26 at 9/8c.

“Thanksgiving Throwdown” is hosted by everyone’s favorite turkey, Jeremy Borash, and gives you the best Turkey Bowl matches in TNA history. Relive the hilarious moments when grown men must put on the famous TNA turkey suit.

Also, ShopTNA is starting Black Friday early for fans who watch the show. Get an exclusive offer revealed during the “Thanksgiving Throwdown” YouTube broadcast. One lucky fan that places an order at ShopTNA through Black Friday will win a World Heavyweight Championship replica belt.So gather the family and watch TNA’s “Thanksgiving Throwdown” premiering Wednesday at 9/8c exclusively on YouTube with on-demand replays available through midnight on Black Friday.

And be sure to watch IMPACT as we return to Spike December 3.

Article

Glad they got a deal. They're not 1996 WCW but these guys keep their jobs and WWE won't be the only wrestling on TV at the moment. Lucha should get advertised more and widely considered.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
TNA Impact Wrestling will film global TV events during January 2015 UK tour

All three shows on the Maximum Impact 7 Tour will be broadcast on Challenge, while British Bootcamp 2 finalists will appear

TNA Impact Wrestling has revealed their entire January UK tour will be televised and broadcast around the world.

The trio of shows - in Glasgow, Manchester and London - will see the company's top grappling stars come to our shores for their annual trip.

The likes of MVP and current TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Roode are confirmed for the tour, which will also see appearances from the likes of James Storm and Abyss.

As an exciting addition for UK fans, the six finalists of British Boot Camp 2 - Dave Mastiff, Rampage Brown, Mark Andrews, Grado, Noam Dar and Kay Lee Ray - will be joining the roster for the shows.

The British stars will also be holding a free meet and greet, signing autographs for fans before every show.

TNA president Dixie Carter said: "After the incredible energy the UK fans gave the IMPACT shows broadcast from these three cities this past January, I decided we had to try and raise the bar even higher in 2015.

“Several talent such as Lashley, Bram, Angelina Love and TNA Knockouts Champion Taryn Terrell will be making their first appearance on a TNA UK tour or returning after several years’ absence.

“We also have some very exciting things planned for the tour and several surprises fans will not want to miss. Being able to meet the finalists of British Boot Camp before every show is an added bonus.”

Tickets for the TNA Maximum Impact 7 tour are available now via facebook.com/tnawrestlinguk, gigsandtours.com/go/tan2015gen, ticketmaster.co.uk/TNA-Wrestling-tickets/artist/100830 or via venues directly.

Article

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
TNA Moving to Friday Nights, New Saturday Show, and more

TNA issued a press release on Wednesday announcing several big news items regarding the future of Impact Wrestling. Here are the highlights

– Impact Wrestling is moving to Friday nights at 9pm (EST) on Destination America starting on January 16th. The show will fill the void left by SmackDown, which moves to Thursday nights that same week. Impact will replay on Friday nights at 11pm (EST) right after the initial airing.

– A new TNA show has been announced – “Impact Wrestling: Unlocked.” It will air on Saturday mornings on Destination America at 10am (EST). The show will be a”reloaded edition of the previous week’s Impact Wrestling that will be a whole new viewing experience featuring extra content and never-before-seen footage.”

– Prior to the move to Friday nights on 1/16, Destination will air a live special January 7th from the Manhattan Center. The main event will feature Bobby Roode vs. Bobby Lashley for the TNA World Title in the third match of their recent series.

Article

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
** SPOILERS ** For Tonight's TNA Impact Wrestling

Thanks to Amya Reynolds, Graham Matthews of Next Era Wrestling and Trent McSwagsalot for the following TNA Impact Wrestling spoilers from tonight's show in New York City. These will air tonight on Destination America on a tape delay.* Taz and Josh Mathews got a good reaction as they came out for commentary. They are actually off to the side of the setup doing commentary.

* They debuted a new opening video that was really good. Jeremy Borash kicked off the show in the ring to get the crowd hype. There's a buzz in the air but definitely some empty seats.

* A huge brawl with the entire roster starts the show. They fight through the crowd and around the ring. The Knockouts fighting were Havok, Taryn Terrell and Gail Kim. It's announced that all champions will defend their titles tonight.

* The crowd came unglued when the big brawl was going on. Kurt Angle asks fans if they want more. He resigns as an authority figure and is returning to the ring. He will face MVP in a Street Fight as the first match. Lots of heat for MVP here. Angle won with the Angle Slam in street clothes.

* JB came back out to hype the crowd and it seems like he's been in the ring forever. There's some grumbling in the crowd among fans. This was said to be a lot of stalling. One of our correspondents called it "pathetic." Fans were chanting "we want wrestling" at Borash. Apparently the announcers were supposed to be filming a segment during this break but something went wrong.

* The Wolves vs. James Storm and Abyss for the TNA Tag Team Titles is next. The Hardys come out to watch the match from ringside. The Wolves did their dive through the ropes four times in this match. Storm and Abyss retain their titles when The Hardys get involved. Jeff Hardy accidentally nailed Eddie Edwards, leading to Storm hitting a superkick for the win.

* JB comes back to the ring but Ethan Carter III interrupts. Ethan calls himself the lord and savior of pro wrestling. He calls out Rockstar Spud to settle some unfinished business. Spud comes out crawling as he was beat up by Tyrus, the former Brodus Clay. JB tries to stand up for Spud and smacks Ethan. Tyrus splashes JB in the corner. Ethan then shaves off part of JB's hair as Tyrus holds Spud back.

* More stalling in the ring.

* Austin Aries vs. Low Ki for the TNA X Division Title is next. Both got big pops when they came out. Aries becomes the new champion after pulling Ki from the top and hitting a brainbuster. This was said to be an excellent match.

* There's a Knockouts Battle Royal with Taryn Terrell defending against Madison Rayne, Havok, Gail Kim, Rebel, Velvet Sky and Angelina Love. DJ Zema Ion, Jessie Godderz and the returning Robbie E came out and did a promo before the match started. Robbie ends up getting attacked by Brooke Tessmacher after saying he broke up with her in his promo. Taryn retains the Knockouts Title by eliminating Havok and Kim at the same time. Havok beat Taryn down after the match. The lights go out and Awesome Kong returns to a huge pop and confronts Havok. Havok leaves and Kong chokeslams a referee.

* Bobby Lashley vs. Bobby Roode for the World Heavyweight Title is next. Roode sprints to the ring to start. MVP, Kenny King and two masked men come to the ring. They pull the referee out and King hits him. Kurt Angle comes out and brawls with MVP but they lay him out. Roode is surrounded now. The masked guys are revealed to be Low Ki and Samoa Joe. Eric Young comes out for the save but turns heel and hits Roode with a steel chair. The referee comes back in, leading to Lashley making the pin and winning the World Heavyweight Title. The crowd erupts in a big "bulls--t" chant at Lashley to end the first taping.

Article

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
TNA Knockout Velvet Sky Leaving TNA Wrestling For Good?

TNA Knockout Velvet Sky was recently “fired” by TNA Wrestling. The former TNA Knockouts Champion wasn’t technically part of TNA’s “Feist or Fired” match recently. However, according to the rules, when a person pulls down the case, they get whatever is in it. Whether they are in the match or not, the person who pulls it down is the holder of the case. So when Robbie E. used her to get a case down for him in the match, she got the pink slip instead of him. Whether it be a X-Division, Tag-Team, or World Championship shot, you also take the chance of getting the “fired” case in this match. It is very much a risk or reward scenario.

Sky will now leave TNA, which is a big bummer to a lot of fans. The Beautiful People member has been quite popular in her time with TNA. It comes as a big shock, but according to Cageside Seats, this was planned, and Sky could be leaving for good. Velvet’s contract was coming up, and she didn’t sign a new deal.

That meant TNA needed to find a way for her to be written off of TV. The Feist or Fired match was a perfect way to do that. Unlike how it is with many others who get the case, it seems that Velvet might be done with TNA. A lot of rumors have gone out regarding her potentially retiring or going to the Indy scene to make more money on a less strenuous schedule.

Velvet Sky is quite popular. So it makes a lot of sense to see her make a decent living away from TNA. WWE once had an interest in bringing her and Angelina Love in, but without Love, it may not work out. While she is still in great shape, she is 33-years-old. WWE have only hired a woman over 30 a few times. People, like Kharma, were unique, and Gail Kim was a former WWE Women’s Champion who WWE didn’t want to lose. So the few times WWE did hire a woman over 30 in the last number of years, something pushed them to do it.

So Sky has a small chance to jump to WWE, but most would expect her to return to TNA before she would get an opportunity with WWE. Plus, if she is leaving TNA due to the schedule, WWE would not be any better for her. In fact, it would be far worse. While the rumor of her departure from TNA may very well be true, TNA will most likely attempt to get her back, even on a part-time basis. That said, don’t expect to see the last of her anytime soon.

Article

Hope she is back soon.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Taryn Terrell divorced and beat up Drew how's this going to work out? :dunno:

In July 2009, Galloway proposed to Taryn Terrell, and reports of their intention to wed surfaced in January 2010 in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

The couple married in Las Vegas in May 2010.

On 24 May 2011, Terrell announced that she and Galloway were divorcing.

In 2008, Terrell became a vegan due to animal rights.

However, she revealed she was no longer a vegan in 2010.

:1orglaugh

Drew Mcintyre fired from WWE for getting them bad press

Since there wasn't one and there needs to be one. ;)

http://www.tnawrestling.com/

i am a big fan of tna, ever since i got hooked to it years ago i never stopped watching it since. i know that at this time i posted this reply, that sting is in the wwe along with hogan. i am sure depending on how the wwe pays them or uses them that sooner or later they will return to tna. if not, that is ok too. i think the role that sting is currently playing in the wwe is pretty cool. brings out the best of who he is and what he does. which is playing mind games and scaring people. i am very pleased that a forum under the name tna is online here. so we can openly talk about wrestling of tna and possibly wwe. thanks for putting this forum up.

zinwell.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
TNA News: Samoa Joe announces his departure from the company

Samoa Joe announced via Twitter that he is parting ways with TNA Wrestling.
"I have decided to part ways with @ImpactWrestling," Joe wrote. "My very best to them moving forward, and my eternal thanks to the fans."

Powell's POV: Joe was a key player in the new heel faction Beat Down Clan.
He hasn't indicated what the future holds for him, but I would love to see WWE sign him. That said, I think he can do well working independently and in Japan.

I have decided to part ways with @ImpactWrestling. My very best to them moving forward, and my eternal thanks to the fans.

— Samoa Joe (@SamoaJoe) February 17, 2015

Article