• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Top 10 Quarterbacks of 2013

Last year we had a thread for the top 10 quarterbacks of 2012 and there was a lot of response and debate. So I thought it would be fun to see how our opinions have changed and who we think the top 10 is this year.

My top 10 QB's:
10. RG3
9. Joe Flacco
8. Andrew Luck
7. Russell Wilson
6. Colin Kaepernick
5. Matt Ryan
4. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
1. Aaron Rodgers

Matt Ryan is way too high on your list in my opinion. Flacco probably is as well. Throughout Flacco's career he's been pretty much the definition of average and is closer to about 15th place. As much as I'm not a huge fan of theirs and think people overrate them I would still put people like Eli and Big Ben above those two. I would especially put Tony Romo above them, and I hate to say it but maybe even (gulp) Cutler or Stafford. I think it's more likely that the real Flacco is the person we have seen the last five or so years and not the person that had a good four games at the end of the season last year. While last year's QB draft class might be the best ever or best since 84 and Kaepernick also arrived on the scene with them it also wouldn't shock me in the slightest to see half of them regress, maybe even all of them. People are crowning them way too early. They are the hardest to judge as of right now. I just don't see them all making it big.

Kapernick is the one of the four I would be the least sure of if for no other reason than once teams get enough tape on him and start getting smarter at shutting down his running game I can see it hurting him the most, even above Griffon who is probably a better pure passer to compensate for it and his injury last year. Teams will start gameplanning better for Kaepernick this year. Andrew Luck played on one of the luckiest teams last year that wasn't as good as their record indicated. He probably wasn't as good as he seemed wither. He and the team could actually get better (and I expect Luck to get better) and they might still have a worse record this year.

espnaddict

Banned
Brady, Brees, Peyton Manning, & Rogers are the top 4 in any order. They're on a tier above the rest year after year regardless of how the rest of their teams play.
5-11: Eli Manning, Flacco, Ryan, Griffin III, Kaepernick, Wilson, Romo.

Brady, Brees, Peyton Manning, & Rogers are the top 4 in any order. They're on a tier above the rest year after year regardless of how the rest of their teams play.

Personally I think there is a changing of the guard at the top, and whereas in years past Brady and Peyton were obviously at the top I don't think they are right now. You could make the argument for Peyton being the de facto offensive co-ordinator pushes him up the list, but with Brady I just think that even if the Patriots had an average NFL starting caliber QB, they would still be as good as they are. Dare I say it that Brady is just now overhyped by the media because he is Tom Brady.

Killer B

I Like Big Tits! (song by Joe Walsh)
1) Rodgers
2) P Manning
3) Brees
4) Brady
5) Ryan
6) E Manning
7) Newton
8) Kaepernick
9) Luck
10) Griffin III

Flacco shouldnt be in the top 10...top 20 maybe. His WRs and TEs made him look good. He got lucky last year...this year he will be exposed for the fluke that he is.

lynkoslynx.1

Closed Account
My selections before the 2013 season starts and where I think they'll end up end of season (in these here).

1. Tom Brady - NE - (1)
2. Peyton Manning - Den (3)
3. Aaron Rodgers - GB (2)
4. Drew Brees - NO (4)
5. Eli Manning - NYG (5)
6. Ben Roethlisberger - Pitt (6)
7. Tony Romo - Dal (8)
8. Joe Flacco - Bal (7)
9. Matt Ryan - Atl (out of ten)
10. Robert Griffin III - Wash (10)
x. Andrew Luck - Ind (9)

I think Alex Smith will move up considerably this year with all the weapons he has in Kansas City and his new blockers etcetera, top ten though, I don't know. He'll need close to a 70 comp% with 24+ TDs and 8-INTs. I think he can game manage that team pretty well once things slides into order over there this year.

*edit* Looking in on the title a little better I may have selected my picks incorrectly. These are how I would rate them in order of overall ratings at this point in their careers and an off-season when small does little to change that unless the players career looks to be on the downslide or over. This is where I believe they are ranked collectively that is all.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
T. Brady
P. Manning
D. Brees
E. Manning
A. Rodgers
A. Luck
B. Roethlisberger
J. Cutler
C. Newton
A. Smith

R.G, Kaepernick and R. Wilson get exposed this year.
J.Flacco will still stink, just not as much as he used to.....ditto for Romo.
M. Ryan is just an ordinary dude.
R. Tanneyhill will be most improved this year.

Was is with people picking Brady as no1??? It's 2013, not 2004! Aaron Rodgers is no1 Cam will establish himself as two (Yes he will, it's Panthers time!), then I don't care about the rest.

Typically young quarterbacks with great potential break out in their third year in the league. I think Cam Newton will be a top 5 rated QB by mid season.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Joe Flacco
4. Peyton Manning
5. Drew Brees
6. Matt Ryan
7. Tony Romo
8. Andrew Luck
9. Robert Griffin III
10. Phillip Rivers

1) Rodgers
2) P Manning
3) Brady
4) Brees
5) Eli Manning
6) Ryan
7) Wilson
8) Kaepernick
9) Flacco
10) Luck

Stafford in the top 15?

Typically young quarterbacks with great potential break out in their third year in the league. I think Cam Newton will be a top 5 rated QB by mid season.
Ok, I'm not a regular contributor to the threads here. However, this quote of yours stuck in my mind and it made me pay particular attention to Newton's performances this season. When I wrote my post, I was being serious about Rodgers, but a bit of bias made me go for Cam as no2. I haven't followed the season as closely as I'd like so far, but I did watch today. Despite that, even I recognised a change in the way he's playing. Statistically, it's been 3 very good weeks from Newton. Would he be considered a top 5 qb now?

Yeah, those top 4 are definitely above everyone else.