• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The weather here is fucking awesome!

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
This time last week, it was -4 degrees F here. Today it's 52 degrees. :rolleyes:

Mayhem

Banned
File this away for when it gets cold again!!!

FROZEN BUBBLES: Science teacher Tom Wagner of Waterloo, Iowa, is an avid photographer of snowflakes. Over the years he has discovered a great way to catch large flakes in mid-air: "I blow a soap bubble and allow the snowflake to land on it," he explains. Once the snowflake is properly corralled, the photography is relatively easy.

Last week when the Polar Vortex descended over Iowa, Wagner went outdoors to capture some more snowflakes. Just one problem: It was so cold outside, the soap bubbles themselves froze:

frozenbubble2_strip.jpg

"I made a decision to photograph these frozen bubbles on the snow," says Wagner. "The sun was 20 minutes from setting so I had to act fast. Most of the bubbles popped when they landed but with some practice I discovered a technique that resulted in quite a few remaining intact."

"After a few pictures at home I hurried over to a nearby cemetery where there was still several more minutes of direct sunlight. The men digging nearby must have wondered what I was doing blowing little bubbles onto the snow then lying next to them with my camera in hand. Having the sun in the immediate background illuminated the fern-like crystals growing within the curved bubble skin."

http://spaceweather.com/

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
So we've had a two hour delay almost every day this week. It's -3 degrees right now (-16 wind chill), and it's supposed to snow all weekend.

Fuck snow. Fuck cold weather. Fuck winter and fuck whoever thought of it. I'm over this shit.

:mad:

All schools here cancelled tomorrow because of snow and extreme cold. Supposed to feel like -28 in the morning, and Fahrenheit/Celsius doesn't matter much at that point.

The house is full of firewood, we stocked up on groceries and such today, and I get to spend the day playing games and doing puzzles with the wife and kids.

I love winter.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Got our second dumping of snow here too. That veteran's home I mentioned before was at least twice as packed with sleds. Good for them.

For some reason snow makes people want to eat French toast. All of the markets order extra and wipe out empty of milk, eggs, and bread. I've spent many years in the business and it is my considered opinion that many of these people don't even buy this on a regular basis. The threat of any snow sets panic buying into motion and it's not just the milk, bread, and eggs. Ketchup, olives, apple sauce. Mind you that this is Jersey, not the upper mid-west that has snow falls by the foot and you can't open your door for a week. Rarely does it ever get to a point when you can't get out of the house for 2 days. Am I to believe that so many people don't have enough food in their house that they can't survive for a 4 days?

I think people go into panic mode. They think there's the possibility they won't be able to go out for a couple days, so they try to go and buy one of every single thing they could possibly want. They don't realise that they could probably survive a whole month on what they have in the fridge/freezer/pantry.

It's simply a case of not thinking, which most things of this sort are.

Feels like -27 here. Chilly as crap. A spectacularly beautiful sunrise, though, and a clear sky overhead. Should be pretty out there today.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Feels like -27 here. Chilly as crap.

I love your good-natured attitude toward winter. :1orglaugh But -27 is not chilly. It's an emergency condition.

It's -20 here, but we have school. Because fuck kids who have to walk.

Well, supposed to be emergency conditions tomorrow and Tuesday again. Likely the schools will be closed. Had pretty near record winds, too, and amazing and beautiful drifts out there. It's just beautiful out there. Getting out the snowshoes to go and see some of the beauty.

This is by far the greatest winter I've experienced since moving to the U.S..

vanlee1

IMAGINE
Well, supposed to be emergency conditions tomorrow and Tuesday again. Likely the schools will be closed. Had pretty near record winds, too, and amazing and beautiful drifts out there. It's just beautiful out there. Getting out the snowshoes to go and see some of the beauty.

This is by far the greatest winter I've experienced since moving to the U.S..
Way to make lemonade out of lemons, hope you make some lasting memories :)

4 degrees above partly cloudy with occasional rain and a brisk north/northwesterly breeze. On the plus side it will be summer soon hooray.