• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The weather here is fucking awesome!

BlkHawk

Closed Account
I love it, we have the cold here but only a few inches of snow. I don't like it as much now that I have to drive to work in it, but when I was farming it was the greatest thing ever. I used to spend all day out side in the weather then making sure the cattle had bedding and the water wasn't frozen over. We always lost power and used kerosene lamps, and a wood stove. We lost power once for over two weeks, a really bad ice storm took out miles of electric line, and caused a tree to fall onto our house, it ripped out the electric box on the side of the house and set the transformer on fire. I actually rather enjoyed that winter we spent a lot of night playing cards and board games.

GodsEmbryo

Closed Account
I love all seasons. As long as they are 'real' seasons. So far winter over here hasn't even been particulary cold :(

I love me a good winter with freezing temperatures and lots of snow. People say they hate it because it gets dark early, it's cold, it's hard getting to work and so on. But that's exactly what I love about it: 4 times a year everything changes around you. It's like living in a new place. When it's freezing cold and there's plenty of snow it can be a bitch to get to work on my bike (and you pussies are complaining when you have a car). But when you get home after plowing through the snow, there's that hot shower, some fresh warm clothes, and a good book awaiting you in the comfort of your little home. And the walks, the long walks... :drool2:

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Well, it went from rain when I hit the rack at 8:30pm, to seeing some snow when I got up to piss at 2:30am, and hopefully, it's not a complete sheet of ice underneath, which I'll find out at 5:45, when I leave for work.

Oh joy, another day of non driving fucktards, and unsalted docks.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
It's -38 degrees here right now. That's not weather, that's an emergency condition. It's just stupid cold. Completely unnecessary.

I just got back from a walk. Real feel is -45. Snow is blowing like crazy.

It feels good to be alive.

Everything is closed here. We are, as Ace said, in an emergency state. They said that there is a fine for anyone out driving that isn't essential. This is awesome! Everyone gets a chance to hunker down and spend some time at home.

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
+10 celsius and raining here...

I´m getting a ticket to where ever the hell you are dirk... warm up the sauna and make sure you got cold beers.

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
Hot tub, not sauna. Get it right, man!

I can do it in a hot tub too, no problems.

I will presume that you have tried the awesomeness of a sauna in winter, sit in sauna, drink beer, go out, roll in snow, alternatively hop in frozen lake that you have created a hole in prior, go back to sauna, drink more beer.

Last edited:
We have no control over the weather
There is extreme heat like a Volcanic eruption or bigger and the Sun making the Ozone fully disappear
and extreme cold like a ice storm what is happening in North America right now.
Humans can only exist in a gentle zone in between. Too hot, we burn to death. Too cold, we freeze to death.
So there is a very good reason why the authorities have curtained travel in these areas.
Exposure to cold of that scale can kill.
So to everyone caught up in the Ice Storm, be safe. Wrap up as warm as you can. Do not take risks with your safety and you all should be okay.

In my part of the world I expect the snow in February, and if the last couple of years have been any indication, the current terrible (and in some parts of Britain, lethal) levels of rainfall will be nothing compared to what we get in May. Thank heavens for my folks having the sense to lay their roots somewhere deep inland, far away from coastlines or rivers. You ain't flooding me out of nothing.

I never complain if it's too wet or cold, because I much prefer it to the alternative. It's a lot easier to get warm when it's cold, than to cool down when it's hot. I wouldn't want to be one of these cats, pun intended :
The same people who meow & bitch about it being cold will complain in the summer that it's hot.
So, yeah. I will complain when it's too hot, and be grateful when it isn't. Although logically an extreme of either that causes discomfort should be worth complaining about, but it's still worth avoiding a boring argument.

Yeah cold weather is great. It's nice to live in a state that actually experiences seasons.
Subtle. Do you think she's reading this thread?

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Remember to bring your pets inside or create some sort of insulated shelter for them!

If you don't feel that's necessary, then carry your ass onto your deck or porch (wear as many coats as you want) and sit out there for about an hour. Convinced now?

Remember to bring your pets inside or create some sort of insulated shelter for them!

If you don't feel that's necessary, then carry your ass onto your deck or porch (wear as many coats as you want) and sit out there for about an hour. Convinced now?

This service announcement brought to you by the letter R (for Rey).

22 inches of snow so far and another front just moved in with potential of another 12. I can do the snow but the sub-arctic temps I can do without. 12 below with wind chill and tonight it's supposed to hit 35 below. Great exercise shoveling but the wind just blows it right back. I'll be working for daysssssssss. Got a pot of chili going and have about 7 pre-rolled joints to keep me warm.

Attachments

• whoa.JPG
    whoa.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 131

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Another day off school tomorrow. I could get used to this. :D

I did precisely dick today on my day off. I was productive enough to shovel the driveway so that the snow could blow back over it, and I also caught up on some Boardwalk Empire. Still way too cold to be outside for any length of time.

Another day off school tomorrow. I could get used to this. :D

I did precisely dick today on my day off. I was productive enough to shovel the driveway so that the snow could blow back over it, and I also caught up on some Boardwalk Empire. Still way too cold to be outside for any length of time.
Ya, I'm just north of you(SW Mich) and when shoveling you defo want something covering your face. I just used some of my hunting headgear and was still cold. A scarf covering your mouth would work too. My lungs still feel weird after breathing that frigid air. Brrrrrrr