• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Official 2008/2009 NFL Football Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was 3/4 on my picks this weekend. Arizona surprised me and I think they have a great chance of beating Philly. I think Pittsburgh is gonna go to the SB and I predicted an all Pennsylvania Super Bowl but with Arizona's running game and defense turning it up many notches over the last two weeks plus the always reliable Warnet-Fitz combo may be too much for the Eagles. I still have to wait until later on in the week to pick this one.

If Bolden plays and is close to 100 %,the Cardinals win.Plain and simple.

I'm still uncertain about Arizona. They do seem to be improved, but two games is a very small sample size to make a judgment on that. They could be either way. It wouldn’t totally surprise me if they did turn things around. I also wouldn't doubt that they are just in an upswing in random variation and playing well above their heads. Plus I have trouble totally putting their late season struggles solely on the fact that they were just letting up once they got the division in hand. That might be part of the reason, but to have that be the only one seems too much of a reach.

I don't have but two things for predictions- Jack and shit, and Jack left town. But I'd love to see the Cards/Ravens in the big one. Just plain tired of Pittsburgh and Philly.

H

I think Arizona is a fraud and it's a sham that they get to host the NFC Conf Championship...they went on cruisecontrol the last month of the season and are the freshest, fastest team right now. I will be rooting against them even though I generally hate all things Philly.

I think it might be Philly/Pitt in the Super Bowl. Joe Flacco is due for a crapper game...

Fraud? Sham? Did they not win enough games to get to the playoffs or host the NFC title game?

Sounds like they executed a hell of a good plan to be rested and fresh for the playoffs. It's paid off for them so far.

^They benefited from being in a completely garbage conference which they wrapped up weeks before everyone else did. They've sandbagged the league, basically...

For anyone who hasn't heard the news, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers fired head coach Jon Gruden and their GM, Bruce Allen today. Allen is the son of former Washington Redskins head coach George Allen.

^They benefited from being in a completely garbage conference which they wrapped up weeks before everyone else did. They've sandbagged the league, basically...

So why are you blaming the Cardinals and not the league itself for letting this happen? It doesn't make sense that you are so pissed because the Cardinals are one game away from the Superbowl.It's not Arizona's fault that they played in a shitty division.They won the division fair and square and the Eagles didn't,case closed.

I think it will be hilarious if the Cardinals get to the Superbowl,then it will show you that not necessarily the best teams get to the Superbowl,just the teams that are the hottest at the right time,that also get the right match ups.

I think Philly and Pitt will win comfortably. I could see Kurt Warner getting knocked out of the game even. I'd actually then switch allegiances and start rooting for Matt Leinart but to come in as a replacement against that nasty Eagles D...even my SC Homerism can't make me argue that he'd be able to pull out the win somehow.

I think the Pitt/Balti game will be close and nasty...but Pitt will someone pull to a 10pt win at the end...

I'm just glad my Chiefs hired a decent GM. Now all we need is a decent head coach, as far as front office goes.

Players are a different story...

So why are you blaming the Cardinals and not the league itself for letting this happen? It doesn't make sense that you are so pissed because the Cardinals are one game away from the Superbowl.It's not Arizona's fault that they played in a shitty division.They won the division fair and square and the Eagles didn't,case closed.

I think it will be hilarious if the Cardinals get to the Superbowl,then it will show you that not necessarily the best teams get to the Superbowl,just the teams that are the hottest at the right time,that also get the right match ups.

The best team wins out! No question, on any given day... The losers can think of a million things why they did not show up to play and win..

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Westbrook will play--but hurt. Bolden will start for AZ. Russ Grimm is quietly psyching his O-Line, and Levi Brown wants to make a statement. But Philly has a strong pass rush. Darren Howard and Juqua Parker might have a few things to say. Suggs may not start for the Birds. Ditto for TE Heap. A lot of Ravens will be out or playing injured. The Steelers have some injuries in the secondary but expect to start the regs. Edge to Pittsburgh.

The best team wins out! No question, on any given day... The losers can think of a million things why they did not show up to play and win..

Wrong.The best team on that day wins,not the best team.

With a 16-0 record last year,there is no doubt that the Patriots were the best team last year.But even before the season was over,they were being hunted like dogs to get knocked off.

To prove my point,The Giants ended up the champions and the Pats beat them just a few weeks earlier,so yes,the Giant were the champs because they beat the Patriots when it absolutely counted the most,but does that mean the the Giants were the best team in football last year? Not necessarily,but they took full advantage of the situations that were presented to them that earned them a championship.

I'm sorry,but if you go 16-0 in the regular season,and aren't playing a soft schedule,I don't see how you can't be considered to be the best team.Now my main point is that just because you are the best team "on paper",doesn't mean that you are automatically be the champion at the end of the year.

I just feel that essentially the regular season establishes who's the best team and the playoffs determine who's the champion.If the champion is without a shadow of a doubt the best team,then they should be able to beat any other team in the league and their record would reflect that.Back in the 80's,it seemed that whoever was the champ could pretty much beat anyone and the regular season record would prove that,but with the parody in the league now,it seems like all you have to do is slide into the playoffs,and then anything can happen.

If the Cardinals win it all,can anyone really say that they are the best team in football?That's pretty much why I want them to win it all,just to prove my point.

Unless it's something like Chess, not only all sports, but pretty much all competitive events in the world involve some luck to a greater or lesser degree. It's just something you have to except as part of it that happens. Who knows, 10 years from now we might potentially be talking about how bad a Arizona has it because they play in the toughest division in football at that time. You can't just constantly reorganize division because some of them have a disproportional number of good teams in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.