• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

the most overrated movies?????

Deepcover

Closed Account
Ha I don't even like the first one. It's such a guy thing. My step-dad owned every single one and would randomly declare Rocky days, where he would hog the TV all day long and watch Rocky. Uuuugghhh.

What such stereotype! Not every guy has Rocky or Star Wars alright. Certainly not me. In any case, Fight Club is another overrated piece of junk.

C

cindy CD/TV

"Hurt Locker." Let me explain. I didn't hate it. It fact, it is a good movie. Compared to "Avatar," it's a better crafted film all around. But it did NOT deserve the Oscar for Best Picture, IMO. "Avatar" was entertaining, a spectacle that I would watch more than once. I can't say that I would ever sit down and watch "Hurt Locker" again. Saw it. It was good. But I wouldn't watch it again unless there was nothing else on TV. :dunno:

Speaking of Oscar travesties/overrated movies: "Shakespeare in Love." You kiddin' me!? This crapcake!? "Saving Private Ryan," one of best, most powerful and poignant movies ever made, lost the Best Picture Oscar to the aforementioned piece of shit. I've watched "Ryan" a dozen times at least, and I cry at the end EVERY time. I watched "Shakespeare" once and wished I had been watching PBS instead. :brick:

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
news flash: oscars & other "awards" are nothing but fashion shows and celebrity gossip farms.

they have nothing to do with good cinema. im not sure if they ever did.

C

cindy CD/TV

^^^ What you said. Because if Oscars were about good filmmaking "Saving Private Ryan" would have won easily.

Sadly, I let the pursuit of pussy and snobby movie critics convince me that watching The Talented Mr. Ripley was a good idea. God what a piece of shit flick that was.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
The Artist was overrated, I am not crazy about a silent movie, I'd rather have a talkie.

Quite a few spring to mind:

Titanic
Reservoir Dogs
A Few Good Men
Super 8
Dirty Dancing ..... my wife will hate me for saying that!
Straw Dogs .... original or remake I feel asleep during both!

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
What such stereotype! Not every guy has Rocky or Star Wars alright. Certainly not me. In any case, Fight Club is another overrated piece of junk.

I'm not saying that all guys like Rocky. Of course not all men like it, just like not all women like Twilight, soap operas, The Notebook, or any other chick flick.

I never actually watched Fight Club. I've seen bits and pieces, but never the whole thing. That movie is a lot of my ex-boyfriends' favorite movie.

Deepcover

Closed Account
"Hurt Locker." Let me explain. I didn't hate it. It fact, it is a good movie. Compared to "Avatar," it's a better crafted film all around. But it did NOT deserve the Oscar for Best Picture, IMO. "Avatar" was entertaining, a spectacle that I would watch more than once. I can't say that I would ever sit down and watch "Hurt Locker" again. Saw it. It was good. But I wouldn't watch it again unless there was nothing else on TV. :dunno:

Speaking of Oscar travesties/overrated movies: "Shakespeare in Love." You kiddin' me!? This crapcake!? "Saving Private Ryan," one of best, most powerful and poignant movies ever made, lost the Best Picture Oscar to the aforementioned piece of shit. I've watched "Ryan" a dozen times at least, and I cry at the end EVERY time. I watched "Shakespeare" once and wished I had been watching PBS instead. :brick:

"Shakespare In Love" deserved to win Best Picture. Trust me.

No need to explain anything my friend even though you did explain it. Hurt Locker is a definite contender for this topic. Damn straight it is.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
American Pie
Reservoir Dogs
The Maltese Falcon
Titanic
The Hours
Tootsie

...too many...

C

cindy CD/TV

Every time someone lists "Reservoir Dogs" as overrated I die a little bit on the inside :bawling:

Click - Adam Sandler :( I was expecting awesomeness and funny shit but it was depressing and pretty fucked up, I left feeling all negative like WTF!