• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

the most overrated movies?????

The movies "I think" that are overrated?. Alrighty then here goes...

Sin City.
I love Jessica Alba so much so that I'd bum the life out of her first chance I got. But even she doesn't make this movie enjoyable for me. I don't even own it as a part of my JMAC (Jessica Marie Alba Collection).

What's to say about this one. It's probably THE most overrated and overhyped movie ever made. 2.9 billion and counting in profits.... the masses have no account for taste thats for damn sure. But then again when did they ever!.

Nightmare on Elm Street.
Sure I have a crush on Heather Langenkamp and find that this movie is overrated. But it's still good. Just "overrated" nothing more. After all this is what this thread is about. Nominating movies you think are overrated. It doesn't say anything about not liking these same movies even though you might think that.

The Transformers movies.
Michael Bay takes it up the bum. End of story. But seriously this bastard should make a fucking zombie movie that way he could be called Michael ZomBay!.

There are more movies I just can't think of them at the moment.

Avatar was also about an hour too long, IMO.
I was pretty bored while watching it, and honestly considered shutting it off & going to bed. Snooze.

I thought this too about the movie. I've said it before that it lasted around an hour longer than it needed to.

I wont even buy this movie for £7 on DVD which I saw it for in Asda. I wont even buy it for £3 when it hits the bargain bin. It's just not worth it.

Rocky. As in Rocky Balboa.

The Rocky franchise in general for me all thanks to the sequels from part 4 onwards. The first couple were fine but it's the same idea redone for every movie. This series is a prime example of a series that's been over done. It should have been like a trilogy and then no more.

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
I thought this too about the movie. I've said it before that it lasted around an hour longer than it needed to.

I wont even buy this movie for £7 on DVD which I saw it for in Asda. I wont even buy it for £3 when it hits the bargain bin. It's just not worth it.

The Rocky franchise in general for me all thanks to the sequels from part 4 onwards. The first couple were fine but it's the same idea redone for every movie. This series is a prime example of a series that's been over done. It should have been like a trilogy and then no more.

Ha I don't even like the first one. It's such a guy thing. My step-dad owned every single one and would randomly declare Rocky days, where he would hog the TV all day long and watch Rocky. Uuuugghhh.

Hondarobot

Banned
Sin City was actually brilliant. The comic books it was based on served as the Shot List for the movie (closely frame per frame), and Robert Rodriguez requested that Frank Miller get credits. That didn't happen, so Rodriguez quit the guild and then escaped being involved with John Carter (from Mars). Heh. Good call.

Ha I don't even like the first one. It's such a guy thing. My step-dad owned every single one and would randomly declare Rocky days, where he would hog the TV all day long and watch Rocky. Uuuugghhh.

You see I am a guy... last time I checked I was..... yip... still am thank fuck!. But I don't own a single Rocky movie and never will. There just don't appeal to me very much even if I did think of them as being ok from viewings of them in the past.

Hondarobot

Banned
LOL. There is the guy vs girl problem. I'd rather watch The Road Warrior on my phone, vs watching Sophie's Choice on Imax. If Sophie was driving a cool Mustang I might consider it. . .

Ari Dee

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I fucking hated that pile of steamy doo.
It was freaking pointless. Sure, the origin story told you HOW he became Wolverine, but I think they majorly fucked up on the rest of the back story.
I mean he loses the girl, so you think okay this must be part of what has fueled him, but then his memory gets erased or some such nonsense anyway, so what was the point?

It was like watching one of those shows or movies that ends in a dream sequence. Don't make a big deal out of someone dying, if they turn out to be alive. Don't make a huge deal of the romance between two characters, if they're just going to have their memories wiped anyway. Pointless.

Harley Spencer

You see I am a guy... last time I checked I was..... yip... still am thank fuck!. But I don't own a single Rocky movie and never will. There just don't appeal to me very much even if I did think of them as being ok from viewings of them in the past.

Right. But in a nutshell, Rocky is a guy film. I can't think of a single girl that likes those movies, but I know plenty of guys that do.

Right. But in a nutshell, Rocky is a guy film. I can't think of a single girl that likes those movies, but I know plenty of guys that do.

I know what you are saying. It is definitely a guy thing that series. I find that series like the actual sport it presents a tad boring to be honest. Mind you I was never a sports fan. I'd rather be stuck watching soap operas than a sports event. I might be in the minority on that one.

Harley Spencer

LOL. There is the guy vs girl problem. I'd rather watch The Road Warrior on my phone, vs watching Sophie's Choice on Imax. If Sophie was driving a cool Mustang I might consider it. . .

What's Sophie's Choice?

I am so amazed at the amount of women that truly don't like certain movie genres, like action movies, horror movies, science fiction, fantasy movies, etc. I love those movies. More than I like chick flicks. Sex and the City? Fuck that, never watched it. The Notebook? Ugh, seriously, it's no different than any other love story, it was just a bigger hit for whatever damned reason. Twilight? Ew, no. Those movies are retarded. The Last Song? No desire what-so-ever to see it.

I like GOOD movies.

Harley Spencer

I know what you are saying. It is definitely a guy thing that series. I find that series like the actual sport it presents a tad boring to be honest. Mind you I was never a sports fan. I'd rather be stuck watching soap operas than a sports event. I might be in the minority on that one.

Niiiiice! I don't like soap operas, but, rep for you!

What's Sophie's Choice?

I am so amazed at the amount of women that truly don't like certain movie genres, like action movies, horror movies, science fiction, fantasy movies, etc. I love those movies. More than I like chick flicks. Sex and the City? Fuck that, never watched it. The Notebook? Ugh, seriously, it's no different than any other love story, it was just a bigger hit for whatever damned reason. Twilight? Ew, no. Those movies are retarded. The Last Song? No desire what-so-ever to see it.

I like GOOD movies.

Do. Not. Watch. The. Last. Song.

Ugh, that was an awful movie

Niiiiice! I don't like soap operas, but, rep for you!

I am not keen on soap operas much either. I am more of a sitcom fan or a fan of shows such as MacGyver or Quantum Leap or Knight Rider or Supernatural or stuff similar to that sort of show.

Well, a guy can't hate Rocky. Like a guy can't hate Conan (The Barbarian, the original). Those aren't girl movies

Conan (the two Arnold movies) kicks ass!. Rocky licks ass.

"If you don't listen then I say to hell with you." - Conan to Cromm in a prayer before the stand off against his enemy in the first movie.

Hondarobot

Banned
What's Sophie's Choice?

I like GOOD movies.

Honestly I've never watched Sophie's Choice. It apparently makes girl cry for some reason, and involves Meryl Streep.