• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

the most overrated movies?????

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
I don't know whether this movie was highly-rated when it came out and whether a lot of people like it, but I barely saw The Amazing Spiderman 2 on DVD last night ... and I thought it was crap. I didn't like the new Peter Parker. And I didn't like the Gwen Stacy character. I never got into the plot. And if that was the Green Goblin that I saw towards the end, he didn't look green.

By the time the Green Goblin or whoever it was showed up, I had already lowered the volume on the TV and stopped paying attention.

Once had to sit through a twilight movie.... utter, utter shite

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Once had to sit through a twilight movie.... utter, utter shite

My (now ex) girlfriend conned me into taking her to see one of those. I sat through it. I have no idea what it was about. A bunch of gay or androgynous vampires maybe? :dunno: Don't know. Don't care. It took a lot of meditation and prayer, but I made it. But when the next one came out and she wanted to see it, I told her I'd take her... but as soon as it was over, I would be starting my new career as a serial killer. She elected to go with her sister instead.

have to say the 2nd part of the hobbit movie didnt see the point of it and why apart from money has it been split into 3 didnt they make enough money out of the first trilogy ??

I may have visited this one in this thread, but I watched "Big Lebowski" about four times, trying to get what was so awesome about it, and never did. I ended up giving the DVD I had to my dad.

I'm not sure what kind of sucktard that would be, Ace

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Woody Allen,

Christ YES!

Also- and I'm prepared to take the heat for this- Kevin Smith. I just don't see what the fascination with the guy or his movies is.

He should have shot himself after Clerks was finished because everything else he's done is shit. Except for maybe Dogma. And Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. And Good Will Hunting. And Jay and Silent Bob Get Irish. And Jay and Silent Bob Go Down Under. With the exception of those seven things everything else he's done is clown shoes.

Noted. And I wouldn't say I didn't laugh at anything in those, but he seems revered as this really awesome director/filmmaker, and I think that is QUITE an overblown perception of him. He's ok, he can get a film done, and it may even be enjoyable, but "awesome"? Errrrr.... neh.

He should have shot himself after Clerks was finished because everything else he's done is shit. Except for maybe Dogma. And Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. And Good Will Hunting. And Jay and Silent Bob Get Irish. And Jay and Silent Bob Go Down Under. With the exception of those seven things everything else he's done is clown shoes.

Mallrats is let down by some fucking dire acting, and Chasing Amy would be a decent film if it wasn't right up its own arse, the worst bit being the big Affleck "I love you" soliloquy which the biggest Smith disciples fucking adore, yet being the best possible example of his overblown dialogue that no real human being would possibly come out with, unless they'd spent ten minutes rehearsing before hand. Just terrible, unrealistic monologues that just don't ring true for the way actual people speak.