• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The giraffe hunters who pay 10k to shoot the gentle giants with guns & bows for sport

Mayhem

Banned
Re: The giraffe hunters who pay 10k to shoot the gentle giants with guns & bows for s

Hey, you wanted a knife, I gave you a knife.

And you're welcome for the back door I intentionally gave you. I knew bullfighting was going to get the reply, and not the whales.

Hondarobot

Banned
Re: The giraffe hunters who pay 10k to shoot the gentle giants with guns & bows for s

I know! But for an example, when I eat at various restaurants, I don't know where the meat is coming from in nearly any instance. I've heard that Ralph Nader would actually quiz servers on where the tuna he was eating came from (which had something to do with dolphins getting caught in nets, or something).

I'm not Ralph Nader! I hate sport hunting dorks, but sometimes I'll just eat a steak.

Shifty

O.G.

Hey, you wanted a knife, I gave you a knife.

And you're welcome for the back door I intentionally gave you. I knew bullfighting was going to get the reply, and not the whales.

What are you talking about?

I don't know what you're referencing re. whales - I assume whaling but you didn't provide the thread.

If you wish to debate, find the whales thread so I can read through it.

And don't assume that you led me. You left me nothing but a reason to smirk.

Mayhem

Banned

http://board.freeones.com/showthread.php?360913-Sea-Shepherd-Whale-Wars&highlight=Shepherd

There you go. Other than whimsy being his usual douche-bag self, I don't see a whole lot of condemnation coming down. I'm not saying that there had to be, I'm just reading the replies on this thread with my usual degree of bemused bemusement. "Those poor giraffes! What a bunch of unkempt savages people are!" Everything that has been posted here can be used interchangeably with whales, but........silence.

Editors Note: I give as much of a fuck about this as I do about anything else around here. I just enjoy bullshit double standards. It's like a hobby.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.

http://board.freeones.com/showthread.php?360913-Sea-Shepherd-Whale-Wars&highlight=Shepherd

There you go. Other than whimsy being his usual douche-bag self, I don't see a whole lot of condemnation coming down.

Well, there was that asshole in post #6 in that thread. He seemed to have a major problem with the Japanese whale hunters. I hate that guy. I bet he's donated money to the Sea Shepherds. I wish Petra had banned him when my goodest, bestest BFF, Philbert, got the boot.

And something tells me that the asshole in that post would probably feel the same way about these giraffe hunters. I bet this asshole guy has hunted since he was a little kid, but only hunted animals that could be eaten... or that were (truly) pests or varmints (coyotes, groundhogs, crows, etc.). He sounds like the sort of deeply disturbed individual who would pay $15 grand to hunt the hunter... who just paid $10 grand to hunt the giraffe. Fuck that guy. But don't tell him I said that. I'm not sure if he's actually nutso, or if he just acts that way sometimes. :dunno:

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND

People like that makes me sick. They should be the ones on the other side of the rifle getting slaughtered.

Hunting in the United States is a necessity. Without it, the animals will over-populate, and become sickly. I used to hunt Elk, Deer, Canada Geese, Pheasant, Dove, etc. Those I hunted with NEVER EVER did it for sport. We dressed out whatever Game we had killed, and fed our families and at times, we donated it to food shelters.

I don't hunt anymore. I had my fill and now, I would rather enjoy watching them versus shooting them. And, there will always be men and their sons, and even their wives going hunting once or twice a year to get some deer or elk meat for the winter. That's cool. It's just not for me anymore. In fact, I try VERY hard to never kill anything. I'll go out of my way to avoid killing bees, spiders, wasps, ants, basically anything. Fuck it, they ain't hurting me none. I got no beef with them. They are just trying to get through the day like I am.

To be honest, I'd rather see the day come when I have to shoot bad guys. That, I would have NO problem with.

BTW: FUCK THOSE FUCKING FUCKERS WHO SHOT AND KILLED THE GIRAFFES FOR SPORT. The best we can hope for is, on their way back to camp they all get mauled to death by a pack of lions.
:)

I hate sport hunters.I never understood why they think that what they do takes any real skill.If you want to impress me,go out there with a rock and sling and try killing something.Fucking cowards is what they are\,and the people these guys money to take them out to do this need to get mauled just like the hunters themselves.

Hondarobot

Banned

Hunting in the United States is a necessity. Without it, the animals will over-populate, and become sickly. I used to hunt Elk, Deer, Canada Geese, Pheasant, Dove, etc. Those I hunted with NEVER EVER did it for sport. We dressed out whatever Game we had killed, and fed our families and at times, we donated it to food shelters.

I don't hunt anymore. I had my fill and now, I would rather enjoy watching them versus shooting them. And, there will always be men and their sons, and even their wives going hunting once or twice a year to get some deer or elk meat for the winter. That's cool. It's just not for me anymore. In fact, I try VERY hard to never kill anything. I'll go out of my way to avoid killing bees, spiders, wasps, ants, basically anything. Fuck it, they ain't hurting me none. I got no beef with them. They are just trying to get through the day like I am.

To be honest, I'd rather see the day come when I have to shoot bad guys. That, I would have NO problem with.

BTW: FUCK THOSE FUCKING FUCKERS WHO SHOT AND KILLED THE GIRAFFES FOR SPORT. The best we can hope for is, on their way back to camp they all get mauled to death by a pack of lions.
:)

You don't kill spiders? What the hell is wrong with you?

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue

Nothing to add that hasn't already been said. Makes me really sad....

:crying:

Mayhem

Banned

Since it keeps getting mentioned, I would like to hear what the collective definition of "sport hunter" is. I ask because, after 25+ years of being a hunter, I have no clue what you guys are talking about.

Hondarobot

Banned

Since it keeps getting mentioned, I would like to hear what the collective definition of "sport hunter" is. I ask because, after 25+ years of being a hunter, I have no clue what you guys are talking about.

A person who kills for the enjoyment they receive by killing, or some form of pride in said act. "Thinning the herd" is pretty hard to buy into also. Animals were doing pretty well before rifles came along, what's the problem now?

Spider killing is a notable exception. I just hate spiders.

Mayhem

Banned

A person who kills for the enjoyment they receive by killing, or some form of pride in said act. "Thinning the herd" is pretty hard to buy into also. Animals were doing pretty well before rifles came along, what's the problem now?

Spider killing is a notable exception. I just hate spiders.

There seems to be an implication that these people, whoever they are, are not harvesting the meat. And this has popped up on some of the various talk shows, by the bored housewives who have no idea what they are talking about. So, I'm asking for clarification on this point.

And if you run into any spiders, Sam has a 9mm carbine that should be just capable enough to maybe give you a one-shot kill. :thefinger:

Hondarobot

Banned

I think I see what you're saying. I've lived in Minnesota my whole life, no hunter I know wasted meat.

The guys related to what the thread was started about,though, are not harvesting meat. They are buying a trip to Africa and shooting something that will look cool hung on their wall.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.

It's just another term for "trophy hunter". It's just a dipshit that takes out his Weatherby magnum with the Leupold scope (that only gets shot once a year) and drops something (that's been bottle fed and raised in a pen) when the guide tells him to pull the trigger. And there are more than a few women who do this crap too.

If you want to see a place that caters to trophy hunters, a fellow by the name of Jerry Rushing will hook you up (I guess the old piece of shit is still alive). He claims to be the inspiration for The Dukes of Hazard. He'll claim all kinds of stuff if you're willing to stand there and listen to him brag about himself. He runs a shithole hunting preserve known as Chestnut Lodge/Whiskey Mountain in North Carolina. They used to offer guaranteed hunts, where if you didn't kill anything, you didn't pay. And supposedly, it was "fair chase" hunting... mainly boars, wild goats and mouflon sheep/rams. What ol' Jerry boy doesn't advertise though is that he has semi-tame animals caged up at the bottom of the mountain. So if you don't get a kill during your fair chase hunt, ol' Jerry boy will have one of his inbred lackeys try to make you go in the pen and kill one of the zoo animals. They'll even try to act tough and force the issue... if you let them get away with it. But here's the thing about Jerry and his crew of inbred rednecks: if you have a large magnum pistol under your shoulder and a rifle in the other, all of a sudden, they're not so tough. Ya just have to give the impression that if you're going to shoot anything that day, it might just be something with two legs that is thinking about laying hands on you, and not a half-tame zoo animal that would follow you home if you had some sugar in your hand. Never make verbal threats. Just stop talking, look them dead in the eye (without blinking) and lay the impression of imminent violence on them. Surprisingly, they'll even send someone down to open the gate for you so you can get the hell away from them. :) But I've never been more pissed off and disappointed during what was supposed to be a fun and exciting weekend in my life. That's been years ago, and I still wouldn't shit in Jerry Rushing's mouth if he was starving to death.

Trophy hunters, sport hunters, etc. = lazy pieces of shit by different names. Male or female, these are people who think they're Daniel Boone, but would squeal like stuck pigs if they got into the woods and didn't have a guide to help them get back out. And if you got the chance to knock snot bubbles out of them, you shouldn't lose any sleep. They, along with people like Jerry Rushing, give legitimate hunters and hunting a bad name.

Mayhem

Banned

The guys related to what the thread was started about,though, are not harvesting meat. They are buying a trip to Africa and shooting something that will look cool hung on their wall.

We don't know that. I am in no way condoning the shooting of giraffes, but the meat probably is being used to feed the locals. This is what happens with the other species that get hunted, so I see no reason why it shouldn't be happening with this.

There you go. Other than whimsy being his usual douche-bag self, I don't see a whole lot of condemnation coming down. I'm not saying that there had to be, I'm just reading the replies on this thread with my usual degree of bemused bemusement. "Those poor giraffes! What a bunch of unkempt savages people are!" Everything that has been posted here can be used interchangeably with whales, but........silence.

Editors Note: I give as much of a fuck about this as I do about anything else around here. I just enjoy bullshit double standards. It's like a hobby.

I don't even remember that thread. But even if I had seen it: It seems like you're assuming that because somebody doesn't post in a thread that you know what his / her opinion is on the issue being discussed. I've been "silent" regarding topics on here for various reasons. And one of those reasosn is that I get TOO passionate about certain subjects.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.

To me, it's when someone hunts something exotic, for a trophy, with no intent of eating what he kills...even if someone else does. If I go hunting, and kill a deer with a 14pnt rack, I'll put it on my wall, but I'll fill my freezer too, that's not sport hunting to me. If I go out and hire a guide, and kill a lion, just so I can have a rug, or pelt, but the meat goes to someone else, and all I want is the trophy, and the story, that's sport hunting to me. I feel that a lot depends on the animal you're hunting too. When I used to hunt, it was only for stuff I liked to eat, except for goose...but my fellow hunting friends all liked it, so I would pass the geese along to them. I currently have nothing mounted and hanging on any of my walls.

Hondarobot

Banned

We don't know that. I am in no way condoning the shooting of giraffes, but the meat probably is being used to feed the locals. This is what happens with the other species that get hunted, so I see no reason why it shouldn't be happening with this.

I'm absolutely 100% certain that the recreational tourist industry involving killing giraffes is not justified by the locals being provided with meat. You seem like a very smart guy, but how much meat do you think a giraffe has on it? Not that much, I'm thinking.