• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Dark Knight Rises Thread

Just saw the trailer last night, why Bane? I mean he is a formidble foe, but why not someone like Black Mask that would be cool. The dude made a skull mask out of the lining of his mother's coffin.

I've been wonder that ever since they announce that Bane was going to be the villain,and I too was rooting for Black Mask to be the villain.I also wouldn't have minded if Nolan would've done The Riddler,but he would have had to make him like a serial killer to be interesting.

I guess I'm just glad that the whole Killer Croc rumors turned out to be not true.

Just saw the trailer last night, why Bane? I mean he is a formidble foe, but why not someone like Black Mask that would be cool. The dude made a skull mask out of the lining of his mother's coffin.

I can only assume that Chris Nolan is using the more obscure villains in an attempt to seem cool. Like he is against what a typical director would do... which is to use one of the awesome villains that everyone is familiar with and loves.

1. Anne Hathaway is not good looking.
2. This Catwoman looks like a Matrix extra in the Merovingian's club.

Not good looking? It's a matter of opinion but I think she looks great.

as far as the new Catwoman costume. I think it looks good; sorta steampunk-esque with the goggles; it's a change from the tried and trew skin tight suit with nothing else. Which is odd since she did use quite a few gadgets/weapons

http://www.thetechherald.com/media/images/201105/Catwoman_1.jpg

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
There was a fake trailer on Youtube that mixed clips from Insomnia to make it seem like Robin Williams was playing Hugo Strange in TDKR. That would have been cool...

Not good looking? It's a matter of opinion but I think she looks great.

as far as the new Catwoman costume. I think it looks good; sorta steampunk-esque with the goggles; it's a change from the tried and trew skin tight suit with nothing else. Which is odd since she did use quite a few gadgets/weapons
I've always like Anne Hathaway,but it seem that she doesn't photograph nearly as well as when you see her in action.Still don't think she is right for the role,but let's see how Nolan has her play Catwoman.

And I wouldn't say that her costume resembles anything that could be described as "steampunk".
There was a fake trailer on Youtube that mixed clips from Insomnia to make it seem like Robin Williams was playing Hugo Strange in TDKR. That would have been cool...

There's quite a few movies mixed in that trailer.I saw Death Race,Aeon Flux,Passengers,Equilibrium,Blade 2,and there's another movie that I don't recognize.I don't think that's Insomnia though.It looks like another movie called The Final Cut.

Anyway,I remember when the rumors were flying around about Hugo Strange.I really wish that they were true now,because I'm not liking the idea of Bane,though it may turn out to be really good.

Anyway,I remember when the rumors were flying around about Hugo Strange.I really wish that they were true now,because I'm not liking the idea of Bane,though it may turn out to be really good.

Hugo Strange would have been cool. Sure, he would be considered obscure to much of the movie going public, since he only made a handful of appearances for decades. However, he is considered Batman's first arch nemesis, and from reading the Golden Age stories he appeared in, it's pretty evident that he was intended to be the Moriarty to Batman's Holmes. A true Napoleon of Crime for the Depression Era.

But unfortunately for Hugo, the Joker was introduced a few months later and instantly usurped his position as Batman's #1 villain. Making him appear like Bob Kane and Bill Finger's dry run at arch villainy.

With Bane, I see alot of potential there. Especially since we are getting the the intelligent, cunning, brilliant tactian he was introduced as prior to the whole Knightfall storyline, and not the brainless idiot juiced up thug he was in Batman & Robin. Even in Batman The Animated Series, he was portrayed as cunning. As he was introduced as Rupert Thorne's new enforcer, but was actually revealed to be in cahoots with Thorne's wife/girlfriend to bump him off and replace him. Live action has done no favors for Bane, but that's going to change, and I'm looking forward to it!

I'm actually really forward to this, and it doesn't who is in it i'm sure i'll still like it, just like the other 2

Deepcover

Closed Account
I've been wonder that ever since they announce that Bane was going to be the villain,and I too was rooting for Black Mask to be the villain.I also wouldn't have minded if Nolan would've done The Riddler,but he would have had to make him like a serial killer to be interesting.

I guess I'm just glad that the whole Killer Croc rumors turned out to be not true.

If Riddler was to be in TDKR I don't think he would have the green question mark tights and the dyed out joygasm hairstyle. He'd be more realistic yet deadly.

The Riddler and The Joker may as well be the exact same person. I can't think of any two other villains that are more alike than those two. As far as I'm concerned if you've covered one you've basically covered them both.

If Riddler was to be in TDKR I don't think he would have the green question mark tights and the dyed out joygasm hairstyle. He'd be more realistic yet deadly.

Agreed.I think that he would be interesting if he were like Jigsaw from the Saw movies,plus add the riddles into the traps.Could've been cool,but alas,it would probably be too much like Saw.

The Riddler and The Joker may as well be the exact same person. I can't think of any two other villains that are more alike than those two. As far as I'm concerned if you've covered one you've basically covered them both.

:wtf:

Riddler is a narcissist that's out to prove that he's smarter than Batman,while The Joker is just a flatout psycho,plain and simple.They are nowhere near the same character.

I'm in no way a Batman expert,but even I know this.

I've always like Anne Hathaway,but it seem that she doesn't photograph nearly as well as when you see her in action.Still don't think she is right for the role,but let's see how Nolan has her play Catwoman.

And I wouldn't say that her costume resembles anything that could be described as "steampunk".

True steampunk? no but the goggles remind of it every time I see them.

As far as her playing Catwoman who knows like you said how Nolan will do it. She might start out fairly meek and that's something we've seen from Hathaway before. Although it being the last of the trilogy I would guess he's going for more of an ass kicker which I think she might be able to pull off well.

No worse than Hallie Berry that's for sure.

just throwing this out there...this is a moronic title, third movie in on the current run of bat-man movies and the dark knight is just now rising? isn't that what batman begins was all about? more like the dark knight remains established than anything...:facepalm:

billstiffington

Closed Account
just throwing this out there...this is a moronic title, third movie in on the current run of bat-man movies and the dark knight is just now rising? isn't that what batman begins was all about? more like the dark knight remains established than anything...:facepalm:
Yeah I think it's a lazy title. At least it's not called The Caped Crusader.

Riddler has been labeled as the poor man's Joker by some people, but they are anything but alike.

The thing that distinguishes Riddler from the Joker is their philosophies.

Joker wants to drag Batman into darkness to prove that Chaos is the only logical order to follow, while Riddler has an insatiable (OCD) need to prove himself as Batman's intellectual superior.

The Riddler also has a need to test the intelligence of innocent citizens at their own peril, while Joker has been shown to really have no set standard of placing civilians in danger or just flat out killing them ... if he finds it funny, he'll do it.

There's ways to have injected the Riddler into the Nolanverse I suppose without having to go the Jigsaw route, but Nolan has already made the two cross over a bit in 'The Dark Knight by having Ledger's Joker play mind games while adding a violent, psychotic slant to it.

Compared to that, the Riddler's puzzles and mind-games would be kinda redundant.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I think Bane is just the errand boy and the real mastermind is Ras Al Ghul however if they incorporated Hush that would be cool, but no one would have an idea about who he is mainstream audience wise.

Various Anne Hathaway/Catwoman news

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1668688/dark-knight-rises-anne-hathaway-catwoman-reaction.jhtml?xrs=share_fb

First reactions to photo

"I was not going to admit it: I asked someone to send me a few reactions [to the photo]," she said. "And I happen to know that MTV's reaction was 'meh.' "

Regardless, Hathaway said that no matter the first impressions, there is a lot more happening with that suit.

"What I am happy to say is, if you didn't like the photo, you only see about a 10th of what that suit can do," she promised. "And if you did like the photo, you have excellent taste."

http://www.shockya.com/news/2011/08/09/anne-hathaway-addresses-the-invasion-of-unofficial-photographers-on-the-set-of-the-dark-knight-rises/

Hathaway on negative fan reaction.

"No, no one's nervous about it. I mean, honestly, like, wait till you see this movie. Chris is doing insane things in it. And it's gonna be marvelous and it's gonna be way beyond what anyone imagines that it could be. You can't imagine the things that he's doing, at least I couldn't until I read the script and I was like, 'You're really? Okay, you're going there!' And it's Chris Nolan; even the picture that he released of me, that's not everything. That's like a tenth of what the catsuit is. And I've got to say, I find it frustrating and I know he finds it frustrating, but I also think that he's having fun with it, kind of like spooning out secrets. He has a lot more control than you think."

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Anne-Hathaway-Describes-Her-Dark-Knight-Rises-Workout-Defends-The-Catwoman-Costume-26119.html

How are you taking to action?

Honestly, and I don't mean to sound arrogant-- like a fish to water. I adore it. I absolutely love it. It's kind of for me the difference between cooking and baking. Acting is more like cooking, where you're like "How does this taste?"--you've got to feel it a little more. Baking, you put a cup of flour in there, and everything's going to turn out ok. If you measure correctly and make it with love it's going to be delicious. And that's what I love about action, there's noticeable results. Do this many sit-ups and you'll be able to get your leg higher. And I'm probably able to have such a nice time because my stunt team is off the hook amazing. My stunt double is the coolest, toughest, sweetest woman I've ever met.

We've seen pictures of her online.

That's my bike stunt double. I have a fighting double too, and she's the coolest. We've been working out together and it's really inspiring to see a girl work out tougher than the boys.

Do you have to do certain kinds of workouts or choreography to get into the mindset of action?

They've given me a martial arts exercise that I have to do all the time to teach me grace and proper stance and fluid movement. It looks so gentle, but when you're actually doing fight choreography it's "Oh my gosh, that's actually a block." Oh, I'm hitting somebody's throat right now. It's been a lot of fun, it's been a new challenge. I'd really like to do a lot more of it. It's not something I ever thought I'd do.

http://www.examiner.com/celebrity-q-a-in-national/anne-hathaway-reveals-how-she-was-cast-as-catwoman-the-dark-knight-rises

What was "The Dark Knight Rises" casting process like for you?

The casting process for "The Dark Knight Rises" was Chris met with a bunch of girls to have a general [reading]. And then he culled the list down three-and-a-half months later to do screen tests. So everyone with XX chromosomes [women] in Hollywood was sitting on pins and needles for three-and-half months.

Then I understood he screen-tested a few of us. He tested on a Thursday, and I think the [2011] Golden Globes were that Sunday. And I didn’t mean to, but wherever I went, I just kept bumping into Chris. "I swear I’m not stalking you. I’m not trying to force your hand. I’m not reading anything into anything." But it was really nice because a bunch of people I had screen-tested with, like Wally [Pfister] the DP [director of photography] and Jordan [Goldberg] the producer — they were all nominated for "Inception." I saw them that night, and they all made a point of coming up to me to tell me how well I did.

So I thought it had gone well, but you never want to get your hopes up too high. And so a few days later, I was back in Brooklyn, my manager called me, and she goes, "Meow." And I was like "Ha ha! Oh no, wait! Really?" And she said, "Yes." And I just celebrated! Celebrated! It was one of the best days of my life.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/anne-hathaway/anne-hathaway-wanted-to-be-catwoman-growing-up-not-a-princess_article_51864

About her Catwoman suit

"Oh I love it! I love it," A lot of questions that I used to get asked were, 'So, every girl when she grows up wants to be a princess, did you want to be a princess when you grew you?'" Anne told Access. "And I so wish I'd said what I felt back then, because the truth was, 'No, I wanted to be Catwoman!' And now I am... That dream came true, for sure. So many great women have worn [the costume] before me," the actress explained. "It's an honor to don the suit."

http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/08/09/anne-hathaway-catwoman-comic-favorite/?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000011

Her favorite Catwoman Comic Book

"There is a later one where it's the origin story of Selina [Kyle] and she's [the] Cat and she follows this guy into a museum because she wants to steal this piece, and she touches it and this guy is like 'You've defiled it with your female hands,' " said Hathaway. "[It also includes] her training to become a fighter and she has to battle the guy who was a jerk to her in the beginning, and you get to meet her master who believed in her and who gave her a shot."

Anne discusses first meeting of Catwoman and The Dark Knight in 1940 Batman #1.

"They are on a ship, and Catwoman has been impersonating an old woman and Batman tears off her disguise -- and she's only known as the Cat [at this point] -- so she jumps at him, and is like 'I will claw your eyes out' and Batman's response to her is 'Quiet or Papa Spank.' I was like, thank god times have changed and Chris Nolan believes in equality of the sexes."