• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Dark Knight Rises Thread

I think that Bane is just the musle for the true baddie which might be Talia Al Ghul or Ra's Al Ghul. The best think about having Bane is this flick is that we can finally erase the shitting version from "Batman and Robin" does anyone :dunno:?

why would he be the muscle? why not the true Bane character from the comics thats a criminal genius that broke Batmans back and put him out of commission for a fair amount of time?

why would he be the muscle? why not the true Bane character from the comics thats a criminal genius that broke Batmans back and put him out of commission for a fair amount of time?

Good point.

It's about time for that Bane to appear in live action. The muscle/enforcer (and dumb as a bag of rocks) take has been done before. Would be disappointing for him to be essentially another stand in for Ra's. In cahoots with Talia? That's better.

Tom Hardy Discusses Gaining Muscle To Play Bane And How He Nearly Missed Out On TDKR!

While doing the press rounds for Warrior, talk has once again inevitably turned to his role as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises. The actor revealed that while he put on over 18 kg for Bronson back in 2009, he's shot right up to 87 kg for this latest role - the most he's ever weighed! "I feel heavy. This size is not real. I only feel strong in short stints of times. If I needed to get across the room and throw someone through a door, I could do that, but...as soon as I’m done shooting, I’m dropping the weight."

Hardy then went on to elaborate on how exactly he landed the role. Filming rom-com, This Means War, he was just about to head on over to Australia to film new Mad Max movie, Fury Road, only for the *******ial floods down under to cause the cancellation of the shoot. It was then that he received a call from the man he worked with on Inception, Christopher Nolan. "Chris rings and says, 'I’m not sure if it’s your sort of thing because it would mean wearing a mask. How do you feel about wearing a mask as an actor?' How do I feel about wearing a mask? I’d wear a plastic bag over my head for Chris! I’ll do anything for him. I did not see that coming. I never, ever thought I’d be in Batman."

And in a surprising turn of events, the British actor then confessed to his trouble past, and how strange it is to look back on that time of his life now that his Hollywood career is taking off to such an extent. "I’m 10 years into being aware of my addictions and in those 10 years, my life has gotten fortuitously better and better. I can’t use, I can’t drink. So that means I can’t go out and dance and be comfortable doing it because I feel stupid and embarrassed. And I’m embarrassed doing karaoke because I haven’t had a beer. You win a few, you lose a few. I can’t have beer, but I can have a fight with Batman. At the end of the day, who’s complaining?"

catwoman_eartha_kitt.jpg

fullcatwomancostume1-550x821.jpg

She looks a little retro. She's not as kinky as Michelle Pfeiffer but she's doesn't look as stupid as Halle Berry's Catsuit. All actors that have played comic book characters look lame in their costumes when they're photographed from 50 to 100 feet away.

The Dark Knight Rises Prologue news

The Dark Knight Rises Prologue to be shown in front of Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol on December 16th

"AMC Theatres can confirm that this footage will be shown in front of Ghost Protocol on December 16th. (Ghost Protocol will release in IMAX five days before its general release on the 21st of December.) However...The six minute Dark Knight Rises prologue footage will only be shown on the higher resolution 70mm IMAX screens. Not the digital IMAX screens."

Re: The Dark Knight Rises Prologue news

I definitely wont watch another Mission Impossible movie but I want to see the prologue footage but I don't know if I want to wait until next year and have the experience of seeing it for the first time. :hairpull:

Someone will film it and put it on the web.

Skateboard P

Now dats nutty!
Re: Official TDKR Empire Magazine Covers

Finally, Bane looks like a normal human being, not like this unreal cartoon character from Schumacher's "Batman & Robin" (1997). I can't wait to see the new Batman movie! I hope it will be as good as "The Dark Knight".

Re: Official TDKR Empire Magazine Covers

Finally, Bane looks like a normal human being, not like this unreal cartoon character from Schumacher's "Batman & Robin" (1997). I can't wait to see the new Batman movie! I hope it will be as good as "The Dark Knight".

True that he looks more human now,but he still looks stupid to me.Nolan has a pretty spotless track record though,so the odds that he pulls off both Bane and Catwoman are in his favor,but I'm still a little cautious.

I will say,I am more looking forward to this movie than The Avengers which I believe can't possibly live up to all of it's hype.

There has been so much build up to this movie that I hope its not another spider-man 3. I've been reading so much about it online that I've probably spoiled alot of it for my self.

Deepcover

Closed Account
I wish the media would keep DKR silent until the film comes out...now it seems like everyone knows what this movie is all about. I don't know if that's a good sign but again still believe Nolan will end the trilogy on a good note.

New Images / New Major Details REVEALED

New Images from DARK KNIGHT RISES; New Major Details REVEALED

Christopher Nolan: “It’s really all about finishing Batman and Bruce Wayne’s story. We left him in a very precarious place. Perhaps surprisingly for some people, our story picks up quite a bit later, eight years after The Dark Knight. So he’s an older Bruce Wayne; he’s not in a great state.”

So what can audiences expect to see if they show up for the prologue that runs ahead of the IMAX version of Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol? Nolan reveals:

“The Prologue is basically the first six, seven minutes of the film. It’s the introduction to Bane and a taste of the rest of the film. With Bane we are looking to give Batman a physical challenge that he hasn’t had before. In terms of finishing our story and increasing its scope, we were trying to craft an epic.”

Nolan explained why he chose Bane to be the villain:

“So when you’re looking to continue the story – in this case finish Bruce Wayne and Batman’s story, as we see it – then you certainly don’t want a watered-down version of a character you’ve already done. You want a different archetype. What Bane represents in the comics is the ultimate physical villain.”

Tom Hardy elaborates on the “ultimate physical villain” aspect of his character:

“He’s brutal. Brutal. He’s a big dude who’s incredibly clinical, in the fact that he has a result-based and oriented fighting style. It’s not about fighting. It’s about carnage. The style is heavy-handed, heavy-footed, it’s nasty. Anything from small-joint manipulation to crushing skulls, crushing rib cages, stamping on shins and knees and necks and collarbones and snapping heads off and tearing his fists through chests, ripping out spinal columns. He is a terrorist in mentality as well as brutal action.”

Finally, for everyone wondering what’s going on with the mask, costume designer Lindy Hemming explains:

“He was injured early in his story. He’s suffering from pain and he needs gas to survive. He cannot survive the pain without the mask. The pipes from the mask go back along his jaw line and feed into the thing at the back where there are two canisters of what ever it is…the anesthetic.”