• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Dark Knight broke the all-time opening

all of batman's major villains in one film? I don't know about that... and I didn't hear about the actor for batman auditioning or expressing interest in the role. I think that was more likely a fan's cast, like we are doing on here, and they just happened to want to see (or had heard about) aronofksy as director, than him being the one to produce the list.

Nolan said that he's not going to do Penguin,and I don't blame him.

Nolan seriously needs to read up on some recent comics featuring The Penguin, or even perhaps the very recent "Joker's Asylum: The Penguin" comic. And if he still feels as if Cobblepot would be just too difficult to translate ... then so be it.

But he's really not that difficult as he seems to suggest. Actually, here lately, the Penguin has been making a big comeback as one of the top tier Batman villains in the rogues gallery. Especially with titles such as "Gotham Underground" which involved Oswald in a big gangwar over Gotham. I would personally love to see either Bob Hoskins, or Phillip Seymour Hoffman take a shot at him. Both would be quite memorable I'm sure.

all of batman's major villains in one film? I don't know about that... and I didn't hear about the actor for batman auditioning or expressing interest in the role. I think that was more likely a fan's cast, like we are doing on here, and they just happened to want to see (or had heard about) aronofksy as director, than him being the one to produce the list.

I've heard of Whalberg/Hopkins rumors from waaaay back. So those I dont doubt those casting lists as much. Ray Liotta is another one I've heard mentioned as a possible Dent for years as well. Norton and Jolie were, and in Jolie's case, still favourites for those characters.

Interesting to note about Hopkins, around the same time he was rumored for Alfred, he was also being very much pursued by WB for the role of Jor-El in a Superman reboot. I'm sure he would have been fine in either role, especially as Jor-El, but I'm perfectly happy with Caine.

The "I told you so" scene really showed what Alfred is all about. He's the one that really holds everything together for Bruce, and everyone knows it. He's content to play the role of the "mild mannered butler" and stand in the back, and he doesn't need to show off- but he also isn't afraid to step up and tell Bruce what he needs to and sometimes doesn't want to hear.

I think that Caine really nailed that stoic characterization. Hopkins is magnanimous, but he's a little less subtle.

He would have been great as Jor El though.

So, I saw this film everyone is raving about and I thought it was rubbish, how it's made so much money is beyond me...

http://www.darknightfilm.co.uk/

:dunno:
Let's see here .....

Alot of people liked "Batman Begins".
Much anticipation created by viral marketing and trailers.
Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker and the curiosity surrounding it.
A number of positive reviews.
And like "Spider-Man" .. it's a "Batman" movie. Kids, teens, and adults flock to this stuff. But UN-like "Spider-Man 3", this film apparently lived up to the hype (which obviously was very considerable) with the positive word of mouth the film has enjoyed.

Not that hard to figure out really.

:)

dave_rhino

Closed Account
So, I saw this film everyone is raving about and I thought it was rubbish, how it's made so much money is beyond me...

http://www.darknightfilm.co.uk/

:dunno:

Let's see here .....

Alot of people liked "Batman Begins".
Much anticipation created by viral marketing and trailers.
Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker and the curiosity surrounding it.
A number of positive reviews.
And like "Spider-Man" .. it's a "Batman" movie. Kids, teens, and adults flock to this stuff. But UN-like "Spider-Man 3", this film apparently lived up to the hype (which obviously was very considerable) with the positive word of mouth the film has enjoyed.

Not that hard to figure out really.

:)

Next time, check the link before you respond. ;)

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
If form holds for Nolan's Batman 3...we're only going to get 2 villains. Is Bane considered a "mastermind" or is he merely an "Enforcer" villain?

A 3rd movie will probably deal with Batman's public relations/reclamation. The entire world--General Gotham public/Law&Order elements/Criminal elements hate him, are hunting him..etc.

If Urban Terrorism was the violent theme in TDK...than everything escalates to all out Gotham/Gangland Warfare I bet...

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Why does everyone suggest Bane? I don't know how he would work. The only way to make him work would to make him a total steroid junkie. That doesn't sound like much of a threat to Batman.

If form holds for Nolan's Batman 3...we're only going to get 2 villains. Is Bane considered a "mastermind" or is he merely an "Enforcer" villain?

A 3rd movie will probably deal with Batman's public relations/reclamation. The entire world--General Gotham public/Law&Order elements/Criminal elements hate him, are hunting him..etc.

If Urban Terrorism was the violent theme in TDK...than everything escalates to all out Gotham/Gangland Warfare I bet...

Bane's a mastermind. He's incredibly smart, and the way he took out Batman in Knightfall was diabolically genius. While they could play him as an enforcer like Batman & Robin did, they aren't nearly going to get enough mileage out of him as they would if he was the big bad guy of the movie.

Bane's so much more than mere hired muscle as he's been often portrayed in other media besides the comics. I too believe he can indeed fit into Nolan's universe, but I sincerely doubt we'll be seeing him anytime soon. Especially if the plan is to introduce villains who havent been realized yet on the silver screen in the past.

Now i know this is the internet and people can post anything on most website, but a couple things I read about all from different sites. 1 is that if there was going to be another Joker, there was speculation that it would be Johnny Depp. 2 i also read that no way they were going to bring the Joker back for the 3rd movie( this was before Ledgers passing). So I know this contradicts itself but just throwing some info i read out for everyone. 3 The most popular villian for the 3rd film is The Mad Hatter. 4 Cat Women was mentioned to be in the 3rd movie. 5 Two face will be on the 3rd movie, every place i read about said he was still going to be in it.

So just some info i came across, not saying any of this is true but i do believe that 2face will be in the 3rd movie

To be perfectly honest I didn't like it as much as I wanted to. Just way too much viciousness to the whole thing. No real let up, just scares and nonstop violence the whole way. My friend's GF was cringing the whole time. The Joker was terrifying as all hell, and the performance is genius, but in the end I don't want the Joker to be Hannibal Lecter. There were a lot of interesting ideas and I'm all in favor of a "realistic" Batman, but apparently I'm not ready for a nihilistic Batman. All in all, not as good as the last one.

On a side note, what the hell did they do to Gotham City? Instead of giant art-deco mega city we get ... Chicago! And not even subtle Chicago, in-your-face Wacker Drive here I am not even trying to be Gotham City, I'm Chicago!

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Nolan has a option for the thrid movie, instead of recasting the Joker: Introduce Harley Quinn. Just change her up a bit, mention in the movie that she works in the same place that the Joker is being held. It would work perfectly. Instead of recasting Heath's already-iconic role, have Harley in the movie, being manipulated off-screen by him. That way, you would avoid pissing off all of Heath's fans, as well as please the fanboys by bringing in another fan favourite.

I am not surprised at all that it broke records. The first one was received really well by everyone so it was to be expected that the opening of DK would be crazy.

Yea especially with Heath Ledger.. He was a big reason why I loved TDK.