• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The 2011 MLB Thread

Call them Nationals or call them Expos, they've never been relevant. Ever.

That's hogwash. Before they moved to D.C., a tonne of superstars were developed in that organization (Larry Walker, Pedro Martinez, Gary Carter, Andre Dawson, Tim Raines, Marquis Grissom, Moises Alou, and even Randy Johnson made his MLB debut with the Expos), they recorded a number of winning seasons, they won a division championship, and in 1994 they were widely considered to be the best team in baseball and a favourite to win the World Series before the strike ended the season with them holding the best record in baseball.

They may not have been a phenomenal organization with perennial successes, but to say that "they've never been relevant. Ever." is, as I said, hogwash.

P.S. Plus, they were the first ever franchise located outside the United States, which is of historical significance.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Tigers have their backs against the wall tonight. Verlander being "rained out" twice this post-season is really hurting Detroit (what shitty luck that is!). They better win this one or it may be a very short series.

That's hogwash. Before they moved to D.C., a tonne of superstars were developed in that organization (Larry Walker, Pedro Martinez, Gary Carter, Andre Dawson, Tim Raines, Marquis Grissom, Moises Alou, and even Randy Johnson made his MLB debut with the Expos), they recorded a number of winning seasons, they won a division championship, and in 1994 they were widely considered to be the best team in baseball and a favourite to win the World Series before the strike ended the season with them holding the best record in baseball.

They may not have been a phenomenal organization with perennial successes, but to say that "they've never been relevant. Ever." is, as I said, hogwash.

P.S. Plus, they were the first ever franchise located outside the United States, which is of historical significance.

:goodpost: :thumbsup:

Baseball needs to find a way to win back a generation of potential fans who just don't care. In the meantime....hopefully the Redbirds bounce back tonight and gain a split heading back to St. Louis.

I think it would help if they instituted a salary cap and had extensive revenue sharing. It's one of the major reasons the NFL superseded MLB a long time ago and the NFL grew they way it did.

Jagger69

Tigers are toast now. You can't drop that game. Cruz is crushing it in the clutch right now.

Cardinals holding on against Brewers so far....great games really.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
Damn shame for it to end this way for Detroit after such a great game. Well, looks like the Rangers are going back to the WS.

Although the odds are thick, the Tigers can still comeback, they do have Verlander, Scherzer, & Fister pitching, nothing is impossible. :dunno:

That bullpen of Texas' has been lights out during the playoffs!!:clap:

Indeed they have looked pretty damn good, but with D. Young, V. Martinez, hurt for sure, A. Avila banged up and its showing, and A. Jackson slumping, its made it that much easier for the Rangers pitching look so impressive, I think it would be a different series right now. :2 cents: I'm just sayin. :glugglug:

Tigers are toast now. You can't drop that game. Cruz is crushing it in the clutch right now.

It ain't over yet. and it doesn't look good, but the Tigers can still win this series, albeit its a long shot @ this point, but its not out of the question. and Yes Cruz is CRUSHING it right now!!! he's really doing some clutch hitting, and its pissing me off bigtime, just like he's hitting BIGTIME!!!. :hairpull::brick::cussing::D

Jagger69

That bullpen of Texas' has been lights out during the playoffs!!:clap:

St. Louis' pen has been equally impressive. They pitched 4 no-hit innings to seal the deal against the Brewers last night. After a very shaky season, looks like Mozeliak made all the right moves in the Rasmus deal to solidify the bullpen staff big time. And Motte has been unhittable!! The guy is putting it all together at the perfect time. LaRussa says he doesn't have a closer? Yes he does....it's Motte hands down.

Lohse going tonight against Wolf (who has been tough on the Cardinals in his career) so the implications of the game are huge. Cardinals can take a commanding lead if things fall right.

You're right Jagger-the Cards pen has been very impressive. Mark (the lefty from Toronto) has really solidified their pen. Motte has been very impressive too.

Is it me or is it impossible to comprehend a single word out of Miguel Cabrera's mouth? :1orglaugh

I'm always surprised at guys that have been in the league for 10-15 years that still sound like they're fresh off of the boat. Blows my mind that you could spend a decade+ in any given country and still sound like you have zero ability to speak the language, its just laziness.

Rivera has been in the majors since 1995 and still sounds like a day laborer:

Miguel Cabrera has been in the league since 2003, and he has to use a fucking interpreter to get through this statement about his DUI arrest:

Miguel Tejada has been in the league since 1997, say what now, Miguel?:

And on and on and on...

Compare that to guys in different sports, like Dirk Nowitzki, Dirk has been in the NBA since 1998, and look at this clip, he practically speaks better English than Jason Terry does:

And an even better example, Pau Gasol. He comes from Spain, and speaks Spanish as his first language, just the same as the baseball players listed above, has been in the NBA since 2001, and his Spanish accent is barely noticeable:

To my mind, its just sheer laziness on the part of some of these Caribbean basin/Latin American baseball players, and its just a tad upsetting that they don't care to assimilate one bit into the culture that has made them millionaires.

Reactions: BCT

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Is it me or is it impossible to comprehend a single word out of Miguel Cabrera's mouth? :1orglaugh

Maybe if American kids got their asses out from in front of their Playstation 3's and played a little baseball after school, the Latin players wouldn't be kicking their asses. Then maybe you could understand the players.

it appears everything is giong to be 3-2 going into Saturday, long series's make the baseball playoffs more exciting for me. Never excites me when everything is 4 or 5 games.

Jagger69

Last nights loss by the Redbirds was fairly predictable. The Cardinals have always had a tough time against Wolf and Lohse is notorious for throwing 4 or 5 shutout innings and then giving up a bunch of runs. Garcia pitches tonight and he has been lights out at home. If we go back to Miller Park 3-2 and take 1 out of 2 with Carpenter on the mound for a potential game 7....I like our chances. Great teams in both the LCS' this year....kudos to all.