• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
All the lads on the City Data forum that have lived in both places say Minneapolis is waaaay more progressive/liberal/inviting of all races. It is a waaaay liberal town for sure. That's why people from Millwaukee and Chicago all move there; the welfare is one of the best in the country, so it does invite some pretty unsavory cats that are just there for the welfare that have trashed some areas of the city. :(

Chicago is pretty diverse. There's a huge Hispanic population here particularly Mexican and Puerto Rican. There is a good Greek population and there's a part of town called "Greek Town" and its a neighborhood full of Greek restaurants and stores. From Europe, there's alot of Polish, Irish, and Croatian's here in addition to people from the Caribbean specifically Haiti and Jamaica.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Well, another season gone and yet another edition of the playoffs that the Jays won't be participating in. Really dissapointing to me personally; there were way too many games against weak opponents that the Jays managed to lose. But, I think this season was one of the more enjoyable as a fan that I've seen in years. The Jays managed to play competitive baseball for most of the season, Wells finally started to earn his contract, the rookies showed potential and Bautista's been awesome to watch. Overall, the season was a sucessful failure.

Congrats to the 2010 AL Central division champion Minnesota Twins.

I wonder what the first thing Scott will post when he gets back will be...

Congrats to the 2010 AL Central division champion Minnesota Twins.

Although I'm a White Sox fan I have to give congrats to the Twins. The Twins are a model franchise and they play the game the right way. I'm ticked off that my Sox blew it this year and the Twin's division titles have often come at the expense of the Sox. The sad thing for the Sox and Sox fans is the the Twins are going to control the central for years to come because they will be flush with revenue from Target Field.:(

I wonder what the first thing Scott will post when he gets back will be...

lol, I was actually going to start a thread and gloat in our awesomeness, but I figure since you had the courtesy of mentioning me, I'lll just keep it in the MLB thread.

All I have to say is, TWINS ARE THE SHIT. ;) I pitty any team (Yankees included) that have to face us in the postseason. :D We win it all (again) this year.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
If Detroit had 40 Miguel Cabreras, THEY woulda won the AL Central!!!

If Detroit had 40 Miguel Cabreras, THEY woulda won the AL Central!!!

Both Detroit and Chicago are good teams. The Twins are just WAY better. How else could we anniahlate the Central without one of the best players (Morneau) in the league?

This is the year. Fuck the American and National leagues. We win it all this year.

Both Detroit and Chicago are good teams. The Twins are just WAY better. How else could we anniahlate the Central without one of the best players (Morneau) in the league?

One word: luck. The top 5 hitters on the team not named Morneau have an collective BABIP of .340. The roster is talented, but they're not as good as they've looked. Regress those hitters to a normal BABIP, and you're looking at 5+ wins down the drain.

One word: luck. The top 5 hitters on the team not named Morneau have an collective BABIP of .340. The roster is talented, but they're not as good as they've looked. Regress those hitters to a normal BABIP, and you're looking at 5+ wins down the drain.

Luck. I don't know. Good coaching (Gardy) might be a more feasible argument. This team is good. Our starting rotation is maybe above mediocre, but we are where we are. I'm tellin' you, watch out for the Twinkies in October.

Luck. I don't know. Good coaching (Gardy) might be a more feasible argument. This team is good. Our starting rotation is maybe above mediocre, but we are where we are. I'm tellin' you, watch out for the Twinkies in October.

That's what pisses me off about the Twins. Besides Morneau and Mauer they don't really have any superstar players. Sure Young is pretty good and Valencia looks good but they have for the most part a roster of role players yet they are in contention every year. In addition they have at best an average pitching staff compared to what the Sox throw out there yet they still manage to get the job done.

That's what pisses me off about the Twins. Besides Morneau and Mauer they don't really have any superstar players. Sure Young is pretty good and Valencia looks good but they have for the most part a roster of role players yet they are in contention every year. In addition they have at best an average pitching staff compared to what the Sox throw out there yet they still manage to get the job done.

That's why they're awesome. If Duensing, Pavano, Liriano and Slowey are on, it's over. I see us winning the Penant this year. There is no stopping up. It's going to be the most glorious celebration down on Hennepin Ave. Champs, baby. I can feel it. :)

Luck. I don't know. Good coaching (Gardy) might be a more feasible argument. This team is good.

Gardenhire? Saying the success of the Twins has been because of Ron Gardenhire is tantamount to saying the store that a person buys a winning lotto ticket made a difference, that is to say, it's hogwash. I'm not saying they're not talented, but to dismiss the role of luck in their success, especially of late, is completely ignoring the facts of the situation.

Our starting rotation is maybe above mediocre, but we are where we are.

In addition they have at best an average pitching staff compared to what the Sox throw out there yet they still manage to get the job done.

Huh? Where the hell are you guys getting this from? That claim is completely factually inaccurate. The Twins lead the American league in FIP, xFIP, and tRA. They were 3rd, 4th, and 3rd, respectively in those categories last year. You're completely ignoring reality when you say they have and average rotation, it's top 3 in the entire Majors.

Gardenhire? Saying the success of the Twins has been because of Ron Gardenhire is tantamount to saying the store that a person buys a winning lotto ticket made a difference, that is to say, it's hogwash. I'm not saying they're not talented, but to dismiss the role of luck in their success, especially of late, is completely ignoring the facts of the situation.

Huh? Where the hell are you guys getting this from? That claim is completely factually inaccurate. The Twins lead the American league in FIP, xFIP, and tRA. They were 3rd, 4th, and 3rd, respectively in those categories last year. You're completely ignoring reality when you say they have and average rotation, it's top 3 in the entire Majors.

When I say that they have an average pitching staff I mean that they have a bunch of guys that aren't going to blow you away. Guys like Slowey or Blackburn aren't going to overpower anyone but they still get the job done.

When I say that they have an average pitching staff I mean that they have a bunch of guys that aren't going to blow you away. Guys like Slowey or Blackburn aren't going to overpower anyone but they still get the job done.

Isn't that the precise definition of a good pitcher?

You can eat crow once we are world champs. This group is a persistent bunch. I've met some of the players.

I know that all eight clubs that make the postseason are going to be tough, but I know this club is destined to win. It will come down to pitching. BUT, we have the best bullpen in the league, hence why I have so much faith in them.

You can eat crow once we are world champs. This group is a persistent bunch. I've met some of the players.

I know that all eight clubs that make the postseason are going to be tough, but I know this club is destined to win. It will come down to pitching. BUT, we have the best bullpen in the league, hence why I have so much faith in them.

Persistence has nothing to do with it. I already said, they're talented, there's no denying that, but there's also no ignoring how lucky they've been of late. The post-season really is just a crap shoot, so it's really not going to make a difference one way or the other. To be honest, I hope the Twins beat the living shit out of the Yankees in the playoffs.

Also, not to nitpick, but the Twins have the 4th best bullpen in the AL, behind the White Sox, Rays, and Athletics. Again though, if you regress them to where they should be based on their BABIP, you're looking at about 9th or 10th.

Season is over, time for predictions:

Twins beat the Yankees
Rays beat the Rangers

Phillies beat the Reds
Braves beat the Giants

Rays beat the Twins

Phillies beat the Braves

Phillies beat the Rays

NL MVP - Joey Votto (CIN)
AL MVP - Robinson Cano (NYY)

NL Cy Young - Roy Halladay (PHI)
AL Cy Young - CC Sabathia (NYY)

NL Rookie of the Year - Buster Posey (SF)
AL Rookie of the Year - Austin Jackson (DET)

That is what I think will happen. Here's what I think should happen:

Twins beat the Yankees
Rays beat the Rangers

Reds beat the Phillies
Braves beat the Giants

Twins beat the Rays

Reds beat the Braves

Twins or Reds win the World Series. I would love to see either team win. For the sake of making a pick, I'll say Twins beat the Reds.

NL MVP - Joey Votto (CIN)
AL MVP - Robinson Cano (NYY)

NL Cy Young - Roy Halladay (PHI)
AL Cy Young - David Price (TB)

NL Rookie of the Year - Jaime Garcia (STL)
AL Rookie of the Year - Neftali Feliz (TEX)

I'm really excited for some playoff baseball this year because there will be some new teams playing this year like the Rangers, Reds, and Giants.