• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The 2011 MLB Thread

boy the yankees stunk this trade deadline. they didn't do anything to address their pitching. they can't expect to win the world series with just CC.

boy the yankees stunk this trade deadline. they didn't do anything to address their pitching. they can't expect to win the world series with just CC.

The Yankees wanted so much for so little in seeking trades...i dont think its their fault, that farm system of theirs is not regarded as one of the better ones which is why free agency is extra important for them cause they cant give other teams prospects for big name players. Phil Hughes is going to be big for them down the stretch, he needs to pitch big for them to be serious championship contenders cause AJ Burnett is not reliable in that setting, some pitchers are meant for the big stage, hes not one of them.

Joorpe

Closed Account
I love the trade the Braves made in getting Bourn, gave up next to nothing to acquire him. Still, would have been nice to add a right handed bat and relief pitcher.

Jon S.

Banned
As if there was ever doubt that I am a LONG suffering Pirates fan.....for the 1st time since back in June, my Pirates have a losing record.....and for some strange reason, it just feels oddly right for some reason. UGH!!!!! Ha ha ha!

Anyway, the Pirates have a losing record again, and all is right with the Universe.....at least closer to (all being right) anyway! Ha ha ha!

As far as I'm concerned, baseball season is over in Chicago. I'm done with my White Sox, my attention is now devoted to the Bears and Blackhawks.

As far as I'm concerned, baseball season is over in Chicago. I'm done with my White Sox, my attention is now devoted to the Bears and Blackhawks.

Yup,I can't and haven't watched them in a while.I hope Kenny gets fired.The Adam Dunn deal has probably been the worst acquisition that he's made since he's been GM.

The Rios deal isn't looking too good,nor the Peavy trade.

Idk,I think that it's time for that guy to go and get someone else in there.

Zambrano always seems to be having a hissy fit about something. The Cubs paid that troublemaker $18 million for next season? No wonder the Cubbies are a perennial basement-dwelling team.

This has been the most painful year to watch the Twins in some time I can remember. The pitching is absolutely horrid. One of their prospects in the minors might have to have Tommy John surgery now too. Twins, get some goddamn pitching for christsakes! You will never win with piss poor pitching in that league.

I think the cubs should trade Zambrano before it is too late. Ever since he got that big contract and became the ace of the staff, he has put too much pressure on himself and he hasn't been the same pitching. Not to mention he lost a bit of velocity. It just goes to show he was a good number 3 starter behind kerry woods and mark prior and can't be your ace.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Thome just hit HR #600 at Detroit. I believe only the eight man in history. Very, very well done. :clap:

I just started a dedicated thread to him, Scott. He deserves it!

Side note: The Atlanta Braves fans have got to be the most apathetic and worthless bunch ever assembled in the history of the game. Tonight, their team is locked in a death struggle to hold onto a wildcard spot at home against the defending world champions, the San Francisco Giants. So how many people turn out to fill 50,000-seat Turner Field to cheer on the home team?

23,000 :facepalm::crying: Sounds like an Astros game!

Add to that the absolutely annoying and idiotic theme of cranking up the moronic Seminole war chant ever time anything of major or minor note happens on or off the field and this franchise quickly becomes one of the most easily-hated on the face of the planet.

An Atlanta batter gets a sacrifice bunt to put the potential tying run on deck...."Ohhhhh-a-ohh-ahhh-ohhh-ohhhh.......ohhhhh-a-ohh-ahhh-ohhh".

A Brave player walks with two out and nobody on...."Ohhhhh-a-ohh-ahhh-ohhh-ohhhh.......ohhhhh-a-ohh-ahhh-ohhh".

Bobby Cox hits his wife over the head with an empty bottle of Jack Daniels...."Ohhhhh-a-ohh-ahhh-ohhh-ohhhh.......ohhhhh-a-ohh-ahhh-ohhh".

It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't so blatantly stolen the war chant from FSU but even still it would be irritating and annoying beyond all reasonable expectation to whip out the chant with such redundancy and without probable cause. The Atlanta fan base has got to be the most uneducated and non-baseball savvy in the Major Leagues IMO.

So glad I'm not a Braves fan....how it must suck to be you! :eek:

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
Congratulations Jim Thome on your 600th Homerun
milestone.gif
:bowdown:
clap.gif
dancinguy.gif
:partysml:

and I love that the Detroit Tigers got Delmon Young.
:nanner: :2 cents:

Congratulations Jim Thome on your 600th Homerun
milestone.gif
:bowdown:
clap.gif
dancinguy.gif
:partysml:

and I love that the Detroit Tigers got Delmon Young.
:nanner: :2 cents:

Delmon is good. He is young too at 25. He was very critical to the Twins' win of the AL Central last year. I don't know WTF the Twinks are doing now. They needed to grab Verlander. lol

Delmon Young is on his 3rd team for a reason. he will help the Tigers short term but i would never sign him to a long term deal. so much talent so little consistency.

Delmon Young is on his 3rd team for a reason. he will help the Tigers short term but i would never sign him to a long term deal. so much talent so little consistency.

You are right, he is spotty. His defensive weakness really started to show this year in the OF. And since the Twins have a plethora of tallendted OFers there was no reason not to release him. I just with they would have grabbed something more than just a prospect and a future consideration pick.

But Delmon will help the D this year. That team could win it all, IMO.

Should the Yankees drop A.J. Burnett from their rotation?

Which team is a better matchup for the Yankees if the Post Season were to start today? Rangers or Tigers?

Which team is a better matchup for the Yankees if the Post Season were to start today? Rangers or Tigers?

If I were a Yankees fan, I would hope for Texas in the first round instead of facing Verlander twice.

Should the Yankees drop A.J. Burnett from their rotation?

the way hes pitching not only might he not pitch in the post season, he might be wearing a new uniform next season. Some guys can actually handle the media of New York, AJ isnt one of those guys. Ivan Nova is actually making a case to get many starts in the playoffs.

I want the Rangers if im the Yankees, and than hope the Red Sox take down the Tigers so you dont have to the nasty stuff of Justin Verlander TWICE in a 7 game set.