• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

I wish there was an official thread for Star Wars. There is alot of em but not a real one really. I can talk it all the time.

Spleen

Banned?
i was really looking forward to this. still havent played the demo but it seems its getting mainly negative opinions...

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
Just played the demo...gotta say, not impressed with it. Just a hack and slash, like any other.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
i was really looking forward to this. still havent played the demo but it seems its getting mainly negative opinions...

Well the trailer made such a huge promise:

Be a bad guy, bring down imperial ships for fun using the force! I use my lightsaber differently than all the rest, I'm Vader's apprentice!

The game could turn out just fine, but the demo disapoints. Not 'crying shame' disapoints, just.. it's nothing new. For a better beat'm'up I'd take God of War any day!

For a better star wars game yes, I'd take KotOR 1 or 2.

If they do a sequel of TFU, I hope they put Kyle Katarn in a video game again. (Although I don't know if they could squeeze another story of him in the timeline well anymore.) I've always liked him. There was something about playing a Jedi that also had the Chuck Norris Beard Power working for him.

I really do wish that they would get to work on Jedi Knight 4, simply to give the character at least one last adventure. He's too badass IMO to give up on right now. But a remake of Dark Forces 2 with the upgraded Jedi Outcast gameplay would be freaking sweet. Or another Mara Jade game besides the Mysteries of the Sith expansion....

That might be something else that tells how well the game is received. Katarn and a lot of the people from KOTOR are some of the most popular non-movie Star Wars characters of all time, especially Revan, who is near the very top dispite being in only one video game and only talked about in another one where others near him have dozens novels they are in. This is just my feeling and I have nothing to base it on but, I get the sense that Starkiller just isn’t going to reach the level of love from the fans those others have.

I think he'll get some recognition from fans. Lucas is considering adding him to the SW live action series coming up, so that should get him a little love. We'll see how the full game portrays him. Also, I would kill to see Katarn in the live-action TV show, especially since it's set between Episode 3 and 4, and that he's the one who steals the Death Star plans and gets them to Princess Leia if you played the first Dark Forces game.

Gamepro gives it a 3.5/5 stars

Pretty good score. It's just minor problems they have beefs with. They feel that you won't be utilizing many of the upgrades/combos you can buy or whatever. But if you ask me, most hack n slash games are the same way, when you find a combo you like, you usually stick with it. I also think they were expecting too much out of the boss battles, they complain that they're too underwhelming. Unfortunately you're mainly fighting Jedi your size, so you can't expect things on the scale of God of War.

But yeah I do believe from what I've played that the game will be good, it's just that once again the reviewers are expecting too much from hyped games.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
I've beaten the demo around 20 times, getting sorta boring, can't wait for the game.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Gamepro gives it a 3.5/5 stars

Pretty good score. It's just minor problems they have beefs with. They feel that you won't be utilizing many of the upgrades/combos you can buy or whatever. But if you ask me, most hack n slash games are the same way, when you find a combo you like, you usually stick with it. I also think they were expecting too much out of the boss battles, they complain that they're too underwhelming. Unfortunately you're mainly fighting Jedi your size, so you can't expect things on the scale of God of War.

But yeah I do believe from what I've played that the game will be good, it's just that once again the reviewers are expecting too much from hyped games.

A 7 outta 10 is nothing special. :(

I'm expecting an awesome story AND/OR kickass action scenes. Either will impress me enough to enjoy at least one or two trips thru the full game.

Truth be told, I'm only really looking forward to Fallout 3 and Rock Band 2.

Truth be told, I'm only really looking forward to Fallout 3 and Rock Band 2.

hell yeah bud fallout 3 all the way, some new videos on the xbox live market place of this game.

But has anyone tried the Star wars demo i love it, was not sure at first thought it would be a goodish game but not something i was going to get but then the demo came out and i was smitten and just can't stop playing it.

the gamestop by me is having a midnight release of the game.
the line starts forming at 10pm?!! fuck that ill get it the next day after work

I am so loving this game right now. I now know what Anakin felt when he became Darth Vader and started killing everybody. I tell you as soon as I got my hands on Vader in the prologue level I started killing my own Stormtroopers.:1orglaugh