• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Star Wars - The Force Unleashed II

I have to say, my biggest pet peeve was the lack of any major changes. I literally felt like this was more an add-on than anything else.

I have to say, my biggest pet peeve was the lack of any major changes. I literally felt like this was more an add-on than anything else.

i love knowing this when i have already spent $50 on the game.
well if it takes 6 hours to complete it shouldnt be long before i am trading it in!:rolleyes:

Just finished the game itself, and I'd give it an 7/10. I don't hate it as much as some of the reviews and reviewers are posting about, but I don't love it as much as I'd wished I was going to.

There is a lot to like about this game. Visuals are grand and epic and the graphics are pristine. Game-play and reloading time is almost seamless, and the two-saber weapons are, well, geekingly cool! There's a nice variety of enemies to face, and some should be challenging enough for you to figure out how to best handle them without giving you the extreme levels of frustration that some of the enemies and bosses give me in the first game.

On the down side, yeah, it's a quick game, but I think it's biggest problem is inconsistency. For example, the boss at the end is jokingly easy to beat! It's almost laughable how easy it is to beat the end boss, even at the medium level....and this is coming from a guy who SUCKS at video-games!!!! In fact, I had more problems with the wardroids and (almost) got frustrated with the Terror-Walker. Bst tip for this game "Jedi Mind Trick". I used that on almost everyone and then you can just sit back and the enemies will either kill each other or themselves for you.

I think with this game the makers were going for an "Empire" type cliff hanger though. There are A LOT of unanswered questions story-wise once you finish the game, which is a total set-up for TFU:III. Unfortunately, it does fall-short of how perfectly well-done "Empire" was....but it doesn't fall short enough to not make me want to be first in line when TFU:III hits the store shelves.

Oh, and incidentally, yeah, I would be willing to believe that TFU:II is part of the Star Wars canon....at least, if you chose the "good" ending.

so this morning i decided after the few reviews we have here to put this game in and get it over with so i can move on to another game (fallout:vegas)
i like the idea of this game because its not just a slash and slash and slash game just because u have a lightsaber in your hands. i like using the force powers to dispatch my enemies so im like a 75%-force 25%-elegant weapon!
i do have to say that the whole GoroG boss went on way way WAY to long.
if you consider what the characters do with the lightsaber in the Clone Wars cartoons and how they have killed large and larger beasts with it the idea of this level/boss taking so long technically undermines the power of the lightsaber. that's just my opinion and hopefully i can finish this game today/tonight
im saving/trying to save Juno right now

Finished it last night,i think i am done with games like this,the battle with vader takes fucking forever.after you get to the end and see the "immense" power that your character can create with the force it undermines his long battle with Vader....who by the way used FORCE LIGHTNING which he cannot do because he does not have all his limbs so that annoyed me right there. Vader is high on the lists of villians but the guy is technically a failed Jedi/Sith, he has what? force grip,push,pull.....
and then to have starkiller come back at the end as you not play as him but a clone doesnt make sense.
AND!!!!......... after finishing the game Dark Side i went back to play to see the ending Light Side ...OH... after the first part of the Vader boss battle he jumps to the next platform and gets stuck upside down and flickering due to some game glitch,then my game completely locks up!
do i go back and play to see what happens for light side or just cut my fucking losses?

Finished it last night,i think i am done with games like this,the battle with vader takes fucking forever.after you get to the end and see the "immense" power that your character can create with the force it undermines his long battle with Vader....who by the way used FORCE LIGHTNING which he cannot do because he does not have all his limbs so that annoyed me right there. Vader is high on the lists of villians but the guy is technically a failed Jedi/Sith, he has what? force grip,push,pull.....
and then to have starkiller come back at the end as you not play as him but a clone doesnt make sense.
AND!!!!......... after finishing the game Dark Side i went back to play to see the ending Light Side ...OH... after the first part of the Vader boss battle he jumps to the next platform and gets stuck upside down and flickering due to some game glitch,then my game completely locks up!
do i go back and play to see what happens for light side or just cut my fucking losses?

So sad, this series had such promise, and it just turned out to be another one of "those" games.

Go back and take the 10-15 minutes to do the light-side ending as I think it's the "canon" ending....but try not to be too frustrated as too how much of a bitch it makes Vader look like even more....LOL...but it totally sets up TFU III (for those, like me, who just can't seem to let SW things go....HA!).

I totally agree with you on how disappointed I think this game (and the previous game) and almost anything SW related since the turn of the century has treated the Vader chracter. He's SUPPOSED to be THE biggest baddass in the galaxy, THE literal and REAL face of evil.....and yet, he seems to always have his ass handed to him every-single-time!!!! I mean, the commercial for this game where you see Vader being flung through metal walls (as totally cool as it looked) kinda pissed me off a bit for just adding to the whimpification of Vader as of late.

And don't get me started on the "God-Like" powers Forc-Users have now since these games came out.....LOL!

i went back and did the light side last night, eh it was ok,i was going to keep this game incase of DLC like the last one had but i think im going to get rid ofit and also DELETE all the game info from my HDD!
i realize why i hate games that are linear and have a set path chosen already!:eeew:

i went back and did the light side last night, eh it was ok,i was going to keep this game incase of DLC like the last one had but i think im going to get rid ofit and also DELETE all the game info from my HDD!
i realize why i hate games that are linear and have a set path chosen already!:eeew:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Linear games really have no place in this day and age.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Linear games really have no place in this day and age.

Ehhhh...I actually think it's come full circle and games are getting too non-linear now to where some of them it's run amok in them. (like Oblivion for example) Especially in RPGs with an important cohesive plot I don't mind a good amount of linearness since you almost are playing an interactive book or movie than actually creating your own world. There are getting to be more games that are so sandboxish that they have a lot in them but it ends up being a lot of nothing and things feel tacked on to create a false sense of death and volume. I might even go as far as to say that in most cases it’s almost impossible to put a lot of non-linear things in a game without it adversely effecting the plot the game is based around. Maybe if it’s done brilliantly somebody might pull it off, but usually one aspect has to suffer for the other. It works in games where the point is to mess around and have mindless fun (like in the Grand Theft Auto games, or in MMOs for example), but in games where the plot is important it just takes away from it too much.

(I should mention that I don't think TFU II has a good plot so it doesn't matter that much in this case)

Ehhhh...I actually think it's come full circle and games are getting too non-linear now to where some of them it's run amok in them. (like Oblivion for example) Especially in RPGs with an important cohesive plot I don't mind a good amount of linearness since you almost are playing an interactive book or movie than actually creating your own world. There are getting to be more games that are so sandboxish that they have a lot in them but it ends up being a lot of nothing and things feel tacked on to create a false sense of death and volume. I might even go as far as to say that in most cases it’s almost impossible to put a lot of non-linear things in a game without it adversely effecting the plot the game is based around. Maybe if it’s done brilliantly somebody might pull it off, but usually one aspect has to suffer for the other. It works in games where the point is to mess around and have mindless fun (like in the Grand Theft Auto games, or in MMOs for example), but in games where the plot is important it just takes away from it too much.

(I should mention that I don't think TFU II has a good plot so it doesn't matter that much in this case)

Well, sure, poor quality games ruin the open-worlded gaming platform, but then again, I usually don't waste my time with them anyway. At this point in video game history, there's really no reason to make something linear when the technology is available, and the cost is increasingly cheap, both manpower wise, and financially. There's really no excuse for compromising the openness of the game, as it's fairly standard nowadays, and the sooner that all developers get on the same page in that regard, the sooner the quality of the games in general will rise.

Bottom line is, linear games just don't do the job they once did, and it's really time to get with the times, from the developer standpoint.

i cannot articulate as well as you 2 have so i'll give my best "raw" version
i realized that linear games stink when i was playing the old Medal of Honor series of WWII games and you had to go down to the right,kill 11 enemies who just appeared from behind a wall,kill and pass them go to the left when the "same" 11 guys came out from behind a wall just from the opposite side as the previous enemies came from.
i think the developers are putting SO much into how the game looks that the gameplay wont matter because of "reputation" or advanced HYPE.
i have only played the first Gears of War,it looked great but any other game they make after it will just be technically the same game with the path you follow having just a different motive,or just because a different gun is added it should be a better game. i was astounded at the game when i first started it. by the time i was at some house on a hill (i believe that is where it was) i just wanted to finish the game because i was bored.
when i played fallout3 i played the game for well over 3+ months and that was playing it 2-3+ hours a night!

Force unleashed has lost it's glamour for me, to be honest i think the only star wars game that i would actually look forward to from now on would be Kotor 3, but that's never going to happen