• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Should there just be a "Mass shooting in the US" sticky thread?

It took only minutes for police — both armed and unarmed — to arrive,
Unless you're a meter maid, what kind of police is totally unarmed? Do they really have some cops only armed with a baton in the UK?

Yes, the majority of the Police in the UK don't carry guns. It's amazing how few people get "accidentally" shot as a result.

Yes, the majority of the Police in the UK don't carry guns. It's amazing how few people get "accidentally" shot as a result.
FO Boards are certainly educational. I'm learning something new here every day!
So apparently, in nineteen countries, including the UK, Ireland, New Zealand and Norway, police do not carry firearms unless the situation is expected to merit it.

Even in countries where they do pack heat, across Europe and in places like Japan and Australia, deaths by police fire are usually in the single digits (if any). I'm pretty sure part of it has to do with gun ownership laws in those countries (i.e. if police aren't dealing with an armed public, they'll be less likely to shoot).

Surprisingly, Canada was actually pretty high. 55 people were shot by police in Canada between Jan. 1 and Nov. 30 2020, of those, 34 were killed.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/police-shootings-2020-yer-review-1.5849788

This is true for totalitarian China as well, traffic cops and regular neighborhood cops don't carry guns, and result is less incidents of pig brutality compared to north america - not counting of course the in custody torture and killings of course.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
Three injuries is a bit light for here, but ...
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/572954-three-people-shot-injured-after-baby-shower-dispute

"A dispute erupted over presents at the event ... As the argument escalated and got physical, the 25-year-old suspect, identified as Isiah ... "introduced a nine-millimeter 'semiautomatic handgun" and began shooting."

Nevermind the gun and the dispute over presents, why is Isiah at a baby shower?
Having both parents at a shower is not unusual around here with the younger generation. More like a big party.

Last edited:
Shall we address the Rittenhouse verdict? Kind of surprised it hasn't been debated here that much.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
This is true for totalitarian China as well, traffic cops and regular neighborhood cops don't carry guns, and result is less incidents of pig brutality compared to north america - not counting of course the in custody torture and killings of course.
I bet you're the first one to call the "pigs" when you need help though, aren't you. Some guy grabs your old ladies ass, or some stranger hanging around a play ground, you whimper to those "pigs", because you need them to keep your scared little behind safe. You've made it quite clear that you aren't pro 2nd Amendment, so I guess that leaves you with your fists. You must be UFC grade bad ass to stop a criminal. Maybe if you took a half of a second to think about how many rights they really do have in China, You Might just get that light bulb above your head to illuminate the reality that, the people in China, are so scared of their leaders, and police, that they know better then to do the kinds of things that make police carry guns. You Might also try to remember that the police and government of that cesspool of a country also doesn't have to follow any rules or regulations, before they just put a round into the back of your head, when you do violate the law. You're praising a country that wouldn't piss on one of their citizens to put them out, if they were on fire. Putting a disclaimer of "not counting the", is as sad an excuse as I have ever heard. You are truly, just pathetic, you really are. I don't suppose you would want to give any "not counting the", slack to "pigs", that might be facing a potential threat here in North America, would you? I would also guess you have no idea what it's like to stare down a gun, or be shot at. Ever fear for your life, who will you call when you fear for your life? The term "pig" is HIGHLY OFFENSIVE to me, and it should be to everyone, and the mods should take note that, it IS as offensive as ANY OTHER RACIAL, OR ETHNIC SLUR!

gmase

@Mr. Daystar He is a librarian or libra or something like that. He knows everything and the mods are not concerned about his usage of 'pigs'.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
@Mr. Daystar He is a librarian or libra or something like that. He knows everything and the mods are not concerned about his usage of 'pigs'.
They would if I report the post, but I was brought up by Sicilians that reminded me to that blood is thicker then water, and loyal friends that remind me that you look out for one another.....and you don't eat cheese. I don't rat, ever. I can't. I just can't. I do however know how much things have changed in this world, and that taking care of your own problems, your own way, doesn't quite float anymore....so I can work smart. and not hard when I have to, but it hasn't escalated to that yet.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
Shall we address the Rittenhouse verdict? Kind of surprised it hasn't been debated here that much.
It came out just as I expected it to. I's Wisconsin so that has something to do with it, the Judge threw out the only thing he was for sure guilty of, the weapons charges. And really if you discount the fact that a 17 year old dummy with a gun shouldn't have been there anyway, the others did try to disarm him and appeared threatening to a scared kid. The real fun will begin when the other 10,000 teens with guns then decide it's ok to go out and protect the populace from Antifa or some such shit and The Proud Boys make him their Hero.

I's Wisconsin so that has something to do with it.
I'm debating whether it would have been different in any other state. It's not disputed that he was under attack (not just threatened), and was even in the crosshairs of another gun. Obviously him bringing an assault rifle & looking for trouble added to the danger in the first place, but once shit started going down, I wonder how many juries in other states would have faulted him for defending himself?

Not defending the verdict, but with all the video evidence resulting in undisputed facts, I think it's fascinating that this is a rare case we can just focus on the laws & legal arguments.

gmase

The location and facts are quite pertinent. Would it have been different in another state? It depends on the state, county, and locality. The result may have been different in Madison or Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

The verdict is understandable given the facts of the case. As @bubb notes, a 17-year old with a gun in an unfamiliar situation is not ideal. As we have previously discussed about law enforcement, training is a critical component of how to approach these situations. I doubt he had much - if any - training. He reacted. He is no hero.

It does raise some interesting questions though. What would have happened if a defender in the Jan 6 mob felt threatened and killed a protester? What if one of the Kenosha protesters felt threatened and killed Rittenhouse? We know the answer to one of those questions.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/582455-trump-congratulates-rittenhouse-on-acquittal
Trump congratulates Rittenhouse.

Madison Cawthorne (R-NC) who is competing with Matt Gaetz for Rittenhouse's intern services:
"Kyle Rittenhouse is not guilty, my friends. You have a right to defend yourself, so be armed, be dangerous and be moral,”

Derrick Johnson (President and CEO of the NAACP):
"Rittenhouse's decision to go to Kenosha and provoke protestors was unwarranted. Moreover, the outcome of this case sets a dangerous precedent. We have seen this same outcome time and time again; a justice system that presents different outcomes based on the race of the accused. This verdict is a reminder of the treacherous role that white supremacy and privilege play within our justice system."

Last edited:
It does raise some interesting questions though. What would have happened if a defender in the Jan 6 mob felt threatened and killed a protester? What if one of the Kenosha protesters felt threatened and killed Rittenhouse? We know the answer to one of those questions.
And that's why I question if it would have been any different anywhere else. I can't recall recent self-defense shooting deaths in the US which ended in a conviction. This was the case with zimmerman, and there wasn't video for that that one. In Washington it was self defense (+ line of duty).

I hope this helps a little bit.
We're lucky we had multiple camera w/multiple clear angles on him. That's pretty much the only reason we got decisive answers from him. The case would have been very different without this video. Can you imagine how many time he (or rittenhouse) would have said "I don't recall" during the trial if we didn't have this evidence?

Last edited: