• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Should Muslim workers receive special privileges at their places of work?

• Yes

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • Kick 'em all out

Votes: 27 25.2%

• Total voters

Awsome

Closed Account
I think they should be given the time during ramadan, the religion should be respected IMO. I have some friends that are musiim and i Ramadan is a huge thing for them, as they need to pray more and can't eat in daylight etc, so i believe that the Religion of Islam should gain respect.

Could not agree more with you bigman (Y) :D

georges

Staff member
no and no :nono:

I love how some fall back on the whole "You're racist" if you don't want to bend over to please muslims. It seems to come from members who's country's are already having problems with unchecked muslim immigration.

:facepalm:

I bet you'd say the same thing about a majority-Muslim country that DOES NOT cater to minority Christian demands in their land. I bet. :facepalm:

Unbelievable the hypocrisy with some left wingers. More like lunacy. :facepalm:

Even though i have said what i have said, i do actually agree with this.

I still think they should possibly get the benefit for one month but they would sriously have to make up for it.

I think muslim countries should maybe cater to cristians aswell though, so it would work two ways

I think muslim countries should maybe cater to cristians aswell though, so it would work two ways
And the reality is it has never happened and it never will happen. Society bends for Islam; Islam does not bend for society. Class action lawsuits like the one I linked are evidence of this.

For Muslims (or their advocates, like you) to critique Western culture on our flaws or what we deem acceptable is laughable considering the appalling treatment some groups of people face in Islamic lands (gays, women, and religious minorities especially). :2 cents:

And the reality is it has never happened and it never will happen. Society bends for Islam; Islam does not bend for society. Class action lawsuits like the one I linked are evidence of this.

For Muslims (or their advocates, like you) to critique Western culture on our flaws or what we deem acceptable is laughable considering the appalling treatment some groups of people face in Islamic lands (gays, women, and religious minorities especially). :2 cents:

I agree, even given my point of view

I see another article today in my paper about another lawsuit for a local company on the basis that they don't allow "prayer time" and sufficient "fast time" for their rhamadan (or whatever it's called). My dad's place of employment was forced to install a "prayer room" and my university has considered installing foot washing facilities for these people.

Is this right? You all probably already know my stance on this, but what is society's consensus? Have we, as a society, bent over backwards so far that this minority of minorities in America has that much influence?

In an eight hour day, observant Muslims may require three prayer breaks.

I can't imagine how that, or day time fasting, will affect their jobs or their coworkers ability to perform their jobs.

It's sad and silly that people still believe in this nonsense, but seeing as they do, it's no burden to any employer in this sense. This isn't like the young Muslim teacher who felt the need to abandon her class in order to pray in Mecca.

Depends what you mean by "special".

Accommodations are made for all sorts of reasons. Some more trivial than practicing your beliefs in my opinion.

Atheists bending over to give muslims prayer time.

In this case, who's "bending over"? What is the sacrifice with letting people get on their knees and pray to their imagination for two minutes every few hours?

To me it's kind of like asking if Jewish construction workers should be allowed to bring a Kosher lunch.

In this case, who's "bending over"? What is the sacrifice with letting people get on their knees and pray to their imagination for two minutes every few hours?

To me it's kind of like asking if Jewish construction workers should be allowed to bring a Kosher lunch.
No. Left wing people (many atheist) seem to have little problems with altering norms for Muslim minorities, meanwhile having no problems with bashing/harming Christianity with every breath they can muster. Disgusting, and politically correct in every sense of the meaning.

(and that point isn't about Christianity - it's just about the blatant hypocrisy of certain politically correct groups)

If said office/place of work has no special space for Christians, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs, Animists etc then to hell with what muslims want. If a muslim wants to pray then go outside and do it.

Those who are bending over are the usually of the liberal mindset. Say no to a muslim and the next thing you'll have is CAIR and NBC at your door.

No. Left wing people (many atheist) seem to have little problems with altering norms for Muslim minorities, meanwhile having no problems with bashing/harming Christianity with every breath they can muster. Disgusting, and politically correct in every sense of the meaning.

(and that point isn't about Christianity - it's just about the blatant hypocrisy of certain politically correct groups)

No fucking shit, ain't that the truth.

Last edited: