• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Should Muslim workers receive special privileges at their places of work?

• Yes

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • Kick 'em all out

Votes: 27 25.2%

• Total voters
By "special privileges" do you mean the ability to practice their religion without fear of prejudice?

If so, then, yes. Everyone should be allowed to do that.

There's a difference between making accommodation and an employee just taking it upon himself. Besides, who am I to deny tissue and lotion in the toilet...it's a FreeOnes perk I suppose. :1orglaugh

So 'Ronald' takes 'liberties'...:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: (Or tools of the trade??:confused::cool: a job where wanking off to adult material on comp time is encouraged...:1orglaugh)

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Ramadan is the same as christmas.
I am not a religous person but if we are allowed Christmas and in schools Easter.
Then surely a Muslim should be allowed time to pray.

I am fine with that if they work on all christian holidays instead.

Strangely enough, I never witnessed a muslim coworker volunteering for that :2 cents:

FreeOnes users should get special privileges at work...

Five paid breaks per day (if working 9-5), to go away and look at FreeOnes. Because to some, FreeOnes is considered a potential religion. :cool:

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Hot, sweet, salty nipples.

Not this shit again.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
I think they should be given the time during ramadan, the religion should be respected IMO. I have some friends that are musiim and i Ramadan is a huge thing for them, as they need to pray more and can't eat in daylight etc, so i believe that the Religion of Islam should gain respect.

No. :D

Actually my religion only allow me to work only 1 hour a month !
And I want a full pay at the end of the week damn it !
My religion is : never ending summer with beer and girls, best religion ever !
Even better than pastafarianism and the invisible pink unicorn.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Hey as long as my place of employment observes the Feast of Maximum Occupancy then I am fine.

Muslims can't eat or drink during daylight hours during Ramadan, correct? It must suck to be a Muslim in Prudhoe Bay, AK right now...that place averages over 21.5 hours of daylight during August!

I think they should be given the time during ramadan, the religion should be respected IMO. I have some friends that are musiim and i Ramadan is a huge thing for them, as they need to pray more and can't eat in daylight etc, so i believe that the Religion of Islam should gain respect.

That's a whole month. I've even had Muslims complain about me eating in front of them during Ramadan and this was at THEIR restaurant.:cthulhu:

If they feel that we aren't compatible, there are a slew of newly democratizing Muslim majority countries for them to go to.

Ramadan is the same as christmas.
I am not a religous person but if we are allowed Christmas and in schools Easter.
Then surely a Muslim should be allowed time to pray.

Christmas is not one month long.

In the US, employers must make REASONABLE accommodation to fit the needs of their employees. This includes religion.

Personally, I think making sure your employees can take the days off if they have the vacation time is perfectly reasonable (as long as they ask for it off as outlines in the employee handbook).

I also think scheduling meal times and breaks around prayer time is perfectly reasonable. As long as it's not going to cause chaos and mayhem if 20 of your employees leave the floor all at once. Lets face it, there's a difference if you're doing an office job where you don't interact with clients as opposed to say, retail or a hospital.

However, wanting special accommodations? A whole new room built or set aside for prayer? Baths for foot washing? Alters? Um, no. If they want to be nice and do these things for their employees then super. But they don't HAVE to give anyone anymore than what was in the employee handbook BEFORE the person was hired.

Not in situations where it affects the meal and break times of others. Accommodating something like that often does.

Last edited by a moderator:

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Not in situations where it affects the meal and break times of others. Accommodating something like that often does.

As I said, as long as it's not going to cause undo hardship on the employer. That's the entire basis of the Civil Liberties Act.

Employers must take consideration to make reasonable accommodation for their employees. If a muslim woman is an airline attendant, then obviously she either must take the month off if she has the holiday time (or the employer will let her take unpaid leave) or she's going to have to deal with the fact that she's not going to be able to pray 5x a day because you can't expect the airlines to schedule around you. However, if you have 1 muslim employee working at a restaurant, you will probably be able to make accommodation to make sure some breaks coincide with his prayers or breaking the fast. The key word is probably because as anyone knows who has worked in the restaurant industry...it's unpredictable (especially fast food).

But there's absolutely no reason for an employer not to try to meet their employees needs in a reasonable way...it's actually required by law.

Last edited:

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
In the place I worked for, our top manager was a major football fan, so when the Worldcup / Europacups are on, we could get off work to watch the game in a video conference room, unpaid, and get back to work later.

I think if things get handled like that, that's good

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
In the place I worked for, our top manager was a major football fan, so when the Worldcup / Europacups are on, we could get off work to watch the game in a video conference room, unpaid, and get back to work later.

I think if things get handled like that, that's good

Yup. Exactly.

It's kind of like US schools when I was a kid. I had Jehova Witness classmates who wern't allowed to partake in birthday or holiday celebrations. For the hour or two that the class party was going on, they went to another room to watch a movie, or the library to play games on the computer. Some parents even kept the kid at home if it was an all day thing.

Perfectly reasonable. However, I hear these days schools either changed it to a spring, fall, winter festival or just don't allow kids to have the parties to accommodate the minority. To me that's BS.

What's wrong with the way it happened when I was a kid?

No. Fuck these A-rab bastards. We are starting to bend a little too much for the Muslims in the United States. Christians and Jews don't get prayer rooms. In fact many Christian and Jewish relics are being removed from places. I don't see why we should start giving special accommodations to Muslims.