• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Shoud Turkey be a member of EU?

subj

• Total voters
Yes, the accession of Turkey to the European Union is entirely fine in principle.

It has a portion of its nation within the boundaries of Europe and that qualifies for me. Is there some arbitrary no. of square miles which must lie in Europe before the country is considered European? If that's the case, shouldn't we rethink the categorisation of Monaco, the Vatican, and Liechtenstein as European? Who decides how much is enough?

Without writing a whole essay over it, there are definitely areas of concern over how Turkey treats some of the minorities in its borders, etc... yet few countries can claim perfection. My own country, Britain, participates in illegal wars (and unpopular), opposes bans on cluster bombs, is closely allied to nations which kidnap people and jail them for years without trial, etc. Hardly ideal. Sometimes I wish I still lived in Sweden -- democratic, incredibly tolerant, anti military interventionism, astonishing landscapes... and of course the unbelievably beautiful women. *sighs* :) Anyway, I digress.

There's also the fact that if Turkey join, we'll probably see the power of federal Europe diminish. There's a lot of things I like about the EU especially in its economic aspects, but I have no desire to see yet more political power stripped away from sovereign nations.

if the jews massacred (i didnt say genocide) the armenians, then i would say fuck them too. :2 cents:

You said more than that -- your words were 'wipe the scumfuck muslims out' which to me quite clearly suggests mass murder of a religious group. What else are you trying to say?

A group cannot be blamed for what a minority of its peoples do. If you'd been born in a Muslim country, presumably your language would be -- 'wipe the scumfuck Americans out' for the frequent attacks in the Middle East.

The Armenian genocide also occurred some time ago. Since then, we've seen massacres on a similar scale -- for example, in the Bangladeshi war of independence only 30 odd years ago, America under Nixon was quite happy to support Pakistan while 1-3 million people were killed, and over 10 million people were displaced.

That's not to say Turkey shouldn't acknowledge what happened, but perhaps in our vehemence to demand things of other nations, we need to look more closely at ourselves. Our own countries really are far from perfect.

yep. :thumbsup:

shit like that will never be forgotten. the difference is that hitler and his regime were, well.... im not sure how to put it.

How about just being smart enough to target the actual people who were responsible for the crimes (i.e. Nazis, not Germans) with your hatred?

i'm against turkey in the EU! they're a asian country... u can see on things like that what happened to this german guy last weeks that they aren't ready to become a member of the EU...

You said more than that -- your words were 'wipe the scumfuck muslims out' which to me quite clearly suggests mass murder of a religious group. What else are you trying to say?

A group cannot be blamed for what a minority of its peoples do. If you'd been born in a Muslim country, presumably your language would be -- 'wipe the scumfuck Americans out' for the frequent attacks in the Middle East.

Man do I hate these sensitive topics, but oh what the heck. I saw this video on youtube a couple of weeks ago, it was a bunch of indonesian rebels toting around heads. It showed bodies on top of bodies and more bodies. The video basically talked about the religious inclination of all this extremist violence coming from the Muslims. There's no talking to these people man. Bush is trying to kill most of them before they kill all of us. I support the American leader. I say fuck the Muslims for what they believe in and what they do. It has been blown out of proportion, we have been misguided, we are confused, we are hasty, but whatever, we're trying to save ourselves. Kill 'em. :2 cents:

scumfuck muslims is not a general statement. :thumbsup:

although i agree, i wasnt born a muslim. :D

The Armenian genocide also occurred some time ago. Since then, we've seen massacres on a similar scale -- for example, in the Bangladeshi war of independence only 30 odd years ago, America under Nixon was quite happy to support Pakistan while 1-3 million people were killed, and over 10 million people were displaced.
i know nothing about bangladesh. i dont even know what continent bangladesh is in. :tongue:

That's not to say Turkey shouldn't acknowledge what happened
until they do, i stand by my statement.

but perhaps in our vehemence to demand things of other nations, we need to look more closely at ourselves. Our own countries really are far from perfect.
i dont need to look closely at myself. i dont kill, nor do i send people to kill. but, i will always support my troops. whatever they are doing.

now, back on topic. turkey cannot be allowed to join anything in europe. for more reasons than one. the biggest reason is that they are not in europe.

dick van cock

Closed Account
u can see on things like that what happened to this german guy last weeks that they aren't ready to become a member of the EU...
Yeah, you can see a guy who was put in jail for "overstepping sexual boundaries" with a non-consenting 13-year-old !!! girl... How bastardly of them Turks! :rolleyes:

... maybe an overdose of Midnight Express?

Man do I hate these sensitive topics, but oh what the heck. I saw this video on youtube a couple of weeks ago, it was a bunch of indonesian rebels toting around heads. It showed bodies on top of bodies and more bodies. The video basically talked about the religious inclination of all this extremist violence coming from the Muslims. There's no talking to these people man. Bush is trying to kill most of them before they kill all of us. I support the American leader. I say fuck the Muslims for what they believe in and what they do. It has been blown out of proportion, we have been misguided, we are confused, we are hasty, but whatever, we're trying to save ourselves. Kill 'em. :2 cents:

God, how hateful of you.

Consider what you're saying for a moment. Do you really go through life believing that 1 in 5 people in this world want to go around killing people and toting heads?

I've never been a supporter of Bush policies but I'm quite glad he's not taking counsel from you. No, even Bush hasn't gone to the extremist levels you've gone to in dividing the world into simplistic 'civilised human' vs. 'barbarous savage'. The truth is, when people talk in the terms you are here, I sincerely believe you're actually becoming that which you supposedly hate.

have you been smoking crack ?

so basically you're advocating america ethnically cleansing "most of" the world's population of the 1.3 billion muslims currently on this planet - before they get you ?

yeah, you sound like a real nice guy :thefinger

i don't think a nice, friendly board like this is the best place for your hate filled bigotry :2 cents:

Do u know the whole story dick van cock? she said that she's 15 years old. OK she's 13 years old but it's nevertheless no reason to keep a 17 years old boy for weeks in jail wit people who killed someone or something else... they should have send him to germany in jail...

And just to add a couple incovenient facts,like that they are in no way capable of "killing all of us" that is just the fear mongering we often hear.And to "kill most of them" it would take Nuclear weapons and that would really be a bad idea,cause once that starts it will probably mean the end.

scumfuck muslims is not a general statement. :thumbsup:

No idea what that's supposed to mean, but I do hope it's supposed to be a retraction of the advocation of killing Muslims.

although i agree, i wasnt born a muslim. :D

It wasn't about where or which group you were born to, it was a criticism of the mentality of wiping out entire religious groups.

i know nothing about bangladesh. i dont even know what continent bangladesh is in. :tongue:

Perhaps you should educate yourself. It's only one of the most populous nations on earth. It was also one of the brightest possibilities in the British Commonwealth, but after the mass slaughter of intellectuals in that country, it's been a pretty dreadful state ever since.

America was quite happy to support Pakistan in this war, even going to the extent of implying a nuclear threat by moving warships into the region (countered by the USSR who supported India and Bangladesh), and ignored the desperate pleas of its own diplomats. Look up the 'Blood Telegram'.

until they do, i stand by my statement.

If that's the case, virtually every nation on earth has things to own up for.

i dont need to look closely at myself. i dont kill, nor do i send people to kill. but, i will always support my troops. whatever they are doing.

You're not talking about a football team here. I'm reminded of the words of G K Chesterton: 'My country, right or wrong" is a thing no patriot would ever think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying "My mother, drunk or sober.' True patriotism is about criticising your own government, your own people when they are prepared to commit evil acts.

now, back on topic. turkey cannot be allowed to join anything in europe. for more reasons than one. the biggest reason is that they are not in europe.

The second time you've demonstrated your weak geography in one post. Congrats. :) Part of Turkey is in mainland Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Europe_location_TUR2.png

No idea what that's supposed to mean, but I do hope it's supposed to be a retraction of the advocation of killing Muslims.
only the ones who want me and my ilk dead.

It wasn't about where or which group you were born to, it was a criticism of the mentality of wiping out entire religious groups.
see above response

Perhaps you should educate yourself. It's only one of the most populous nations on earth. It was also one of the brightest possibilities in the British Commonwealth, but after the mass slaughter of intellectuals in that country, it's been a pretty dreadful state ever since.
i have bigger things to worry about than learning about bangladesh. sorry, but its true.

America was quite happy to support Pakistan in this war, even going to the extent of implying a nuclear threat by moving warships into the region (countered by the USSR who supported India and Bangladesh), and ignored the desperate pleas of its own diplomats. Look up the 'Blood Telegram'.
ussr. enough said. thats why we supported pakistan.

If that's the case, virtually every nation on earth has things to own up for.
well yeah

You're not talking about a football team here. I'm reminded of the words of G K Chesterton: 'My country, right or wrong" is a thing no patriot would ever think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying "My mother, drunk or sober.' True patriotism is about criticising your own government, your own people when they are prepared to commit evil acts.
im not desperate, and guess what? i support my country whether right or wrong.

The second time you've demonstrated your weak geography in one post. Congrats. :) Part of Turkey is in mainland Europe.
turkey is not europe.

BNF

Ex-SuperMod
No, they should not - Turkey, no matter what else is said, borders Syria, Iraq and Iran.

'nuff said.

God, how hateful of you.

Consider what you're saying for a moment. Do you really go through life believing that 1 in 5 people in this world want to go around killing people and toting heads?

I've never been a supporter of Bush policies but I'm quite glad he's not taking counsel from you. No, even Bush hasn't gone to the extremist levels you've gone to in dividing the world into simplistic 'civilised human' vs. 'barbarous savage'. The truth is, when people talk in the terms you are here, I sincerely believe you're actually becoming that which you supposedly hate.

Yeah alright I'm hateful. Fair enough. But YEAH a lot of Muslims around the world go around killing people and toting heads, and YEAH I would call myself civilized compared to those savages. NO I am not becoming what I hate, I don't go around killing people and toting heads. It's human instinct to protect one's own life and welfare and countrymen and protecting freedom and all of that shit that George says HELL YEAH I buy it. Their religion has brainwashed them, they are killing us and we are saving ourselves. I am sure there are more than a handful of people on this board who feel the same way that I do and there have been numerous threads on politics that have also instigated heated debates such as this. Same shit different day. :sleep: Sleep on it.