• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Rock band

Wow, the name of the album perfectly describes my feelings of the last 6 months DLC.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?

I love the drumss :D

yea I'm getting better at them. I'm finally starting to dabble with them on hard. I still prefer medium as hard still kicks my ass.

yea I'm getting better at them. I'm finally starting to dabble with them on hard. I still prefer medium as hard still kicks my ass.

That's where I am currently. If I want to hurt myself I play on hard, but if were just dicking around I drop down to medium. I do play that one "Nine in the Afternoon" song on expert though, it's just too much fun.

Legzman

That's where I am currently. If I want to hurt myself I play on hard, but if were just dicking around I drop down to medium. I do play that one "Nine in the Afternoon" song on expert though, it's just too much fun.

I can play Man in the Box on expert, but thats the only one and only a few of the other really easy songs on hard. Medium still gives me fits on the higher difficulties.

My little guideline for myself is if its 2 circles, for drums, or less I play on at least hard. No circles I'll try on expert, but probably fail ultimately. 3 or more circles I'd better not even fuck with it on hard...yet, and stick with medium. Still quite challenging for me sometimes.

I'm consistently getting 4 stars on medium regardless of the difficulty. So I know I'm getting better. Its just frustrating as hell since I can play all but a handful of songs on expert guitar. Then again, I've been rockin the plastic axe for over 3 years now.

My guideline is Linkin Park's "One Step Closer". It sounds silly, but the first time I played the drums, it was on easy and that song confounded me- I just couldn't get the rythym down. Now, I am constantly getting perfects on medium, which tells me it's time to bump up a level. The problem is that my knee doesn't like the set up in the living room for the kick pedal, I need a chair that's more conducive to the constant movement of the pedal, etc, so I am stuck until I can get something that doesn't kill my knee.

Though, no matter what difficulty, Metallica's "Blackened" still kicks my ass, lol.

Well, I did something I didn't think I would ever do. I ordered Rock Revolution today. It was only $10 from Best Buy lol. I am sick of awful DLC and need Pantera now, even if it is all awful covers.

Legzman

Though, no matter what difficulty, Metallica's "Blackened" still kicks my ass, lol.

Yea, that ones rough!

Well, I did something I didn't think I would ever do. I ordered Rock Revolution today. It was only $10 from Best Buy lol. I am sick of awful DLC and need Pantera now, even if it is all awful covers.

The covers are REAAALLLLLY bad. Don't say I didn't warn you. But Pantera is the same reason I even bothered to rent that garbage!

DLC 5/5:

Franz Ferdinand - Do You Want To
Franz Ferdinand - Lucid Dreams
Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal
Allman Bros - Blue Sky
Allman Bros - Midnight Rider
Distillers - Drain the Blood
Luscious Jackson - Naked Eye
Prong - Idealistic Types
Prong - The Banishment

:dunno: Maybe Allman Bros and/or Prong, I dunno, gotta wait for gameplay vids before I decide, but I really doubt it. The rest is typical sub shit DLC. Go figure!
Jessica was fun as fuck on GH2, so maybe, just maybe, but I still doubt it.

Given the nature of the song, the Alien Ant Farm one should be fun, and yeah, Prong/Allman Brothers will be picked up but the rest is blech.

i bought the NEw RE-release of Pearl Jam-TEN.
and with it came a voucher to download 3 songs for RockBand.
my question is .... i only have GH:Metallica and GH:WTour.
so is this voucher worthless to me unless i get a rockband game now?
this is getting annoying!
i DLC'd the whole Death Magnetic album...and i realize after doing it it was only "available" for GHIII or GH:WTour. why have a metallica GH and not be able to use the DLC on that game?!!!
:dunno:

Legzman

i bought the NEw RE-release of Pearl Jam-TEN.
and with it came a voucher to download 3 songs for RockBand.
my question is .... i only have GH:Metallica and GH:WTour.
so is this voucher worthless to me unless i get a rockband game now?
this is getting annoying!
i DLC'd the whole Death Magnetic album...and i realize after doing it it was only "available" for GHIII or GH:WTour. why have a metallica GH and not be able to use the DLC on that game?!!!
:dunno:

A friend of mine has GH:M and he downloaded Death Magnetic for GHIII, back when it first came out. He says it works just fine on GH:M. Maybe you have to access it through quickplay. Scroll down/or look at the options it should tell you where to play the songs from on the GH:M game.

As for the voucher, yea its worthless unless you have the Rockband 2 disc. So feel free to sent it my way! I'm a guitar hero/rockband junkie!

A friend of mine has GH:M and he downloaded Death Magnetic for GHIII, back when it first came out. He says it works just fine on GH:M. Maybe you have to access it through quickplay. Scroll down/or look at the options it should tell you where to play the songs from on the GH:M game.

As for the voucher, yea its worthless unless you have the Rockband 2 disc. So feel free to sent it my way! I'm a guitar hero/rockband junkie!

would love to do it. but i am going to buy a used copy of RB disc just to play these 3 songs!

and the GH:M im gonna look to see if they are there i downloaded them thursday but have been playing in a LaBatt hockey tournament all weekend. another game tomorrow 7:45am!

Legzman

DLC 5/12:

Social Distortion - Bad Luck
Social Distortion - Ring of Fire
Social Distortion - Story of My Life
Disturbed - Stricken
Disturbed - Stupify
Steely Dan - Black Friday
Steely Dan - My Old School
Elvis Costello - Radio Radio
The Replacements - Kids Don't Follow
Disturbed - Stricken :banger:
Disturbed - Stupify
:banger:

:1orglaugh Its about motherfuckin time I get to use that simile!!! Finally something for me to buy! :nanner:

That's really not a bad lineup- I'll prob only pick up the Disturbed songs, but still, I like how diverse and yet not stupid that dlc release is.

Legzman

A few nice songs for a change. Too bad they are easy.

and fun. I enjoyed the fuck outta stricken on GHIII. Will be nice to play the drums now! Will also make the songs, not so easy!

and fun. I enjoyed the fuck outta stricken on GHIII. Will be nice to play the drums now! Will also make the songs, not so easy!
Yeah, I hear you. Keep in mind I am very very biased to the guitar, when I say easy I mean guitar lol. The drums will be very fun though, vocals too.

Yeah man Stricken and everything on that 'level' of GHIII pretty much made that game for me... that and One. I think that was on GHIII....

I'm still waiting on a bit more DLC for Rock Band... doesn't help that I'm a fussy motherfucker when it comes to my music, and poor :2 cents:

Legzman

I'm still waiting on a bit more DLC for Rock Band... doesn't help that I'm a fussy motherfucker when it comes to my music, and poor :2 cents:

I hear that bro. I would post the DLC for this current week, but well I was banned over friday and by now I can't be assed to fuck with it. Not worth mentioning anyway!

Yeah, I was sorta excited to hear about the Alice Cooper songs til i found out they were fucking live...blech.