• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

RJS13 Foodie Thread

my fave whiskey is Canadian Mist. It smooth at room temp, chilled or even warm if accidentally left in the car when brought in the groceries. And for %5.35 a pint cannot go wrong :hatsoff:
Right on, I'm not a fan of chilled spirits and it bugs me when stored in the fridge. If you want it cold add rocks!!!

Yes. Even vodka I don't put in the freezer or fridge.

Only time I have it cold on rocks is if I mix my whiskey with coke. I add 2 cubes cos usually my pop is out in the garage getting hot in summer, bit ice cold in winter :cool:

Only time I have it cold on rocks is if I mix my whiskey with coke. I add 2 cubes cos usually my pop is out in the garage getting hot in summer, bit ice cold in winter :cool:
About a dozen whiskey and coke sure would hit the spot right about now. But much like xfire I prefer it str8. And forget the shot glass, just give me the bottle. No need to dirty a glass ;)

Vodka - You should do. I've been to Russia a couple of times and that is the way it is stored & always served cold. Shot glass, in one. Spasiba.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
About a dozen whiskey and coke sure would hit the spot right about now. But much like xfire I prefer it str8. And forget the shot glass, just give me the bottle. No need to dirty a glass ;)

I'm sipping some Old Crow out of one of my wife's Corningware tea cups, the nice floral pattern pairs well with cheap Kentucky straight bourbon.

I'm sipping some Old Crow out of one of my wife's Corningware tea cups, the nice floral pattern pairs well with cheap Kentucky straight bourbon.

Just as long as your not drinking it like this.....

main-qimg-37615fa2111b6d45a66b63b8173cc51b-c.jpg

Picked up some smoked local made cheese today at th.e butcher. Smoked Cheddar and Smoked Hot Pepper Jack. Movie night, its happening tonight ;)

KIMG0001.jpg

KIMG0002.jpg

xfire

I've been sipping on Bourbon for a little over a week straight, and straight out of the bottle is far superior to anything else. Seems like the same shit tastes different every time I drink it, some days it's better than others, more so if I drink a little of this then a little of that, definitely like it better at room temp.

I've been sipping on Bourbon for a little over a week straight, and straight out of the bottle is far superior to anything else. Seems like the same shit tastes different every time I drink it, some days it's better than others, more so if I drink a little of this then a little of that, definitely like it better at room temp.

I guess it just depends on the day I suppose. I nursed a half gal of Beam over a 4 day period and some times I would taste a hint of vanilla and other times just a woody kinda earthiness. Strange

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I guess it just depends on the day I suppose. I nursed a half gal of Beam over a 4 day period and some times I would taste a hint of vanilla and other times just a woody kinda earthiness. Strange

Temperature differences maybe. Vanilla molecules are super light. Maybe on warmer, less humid days you'll smell it and taste it more.

xfire

They age it in charred white oak barrels, I think different woods would produce different flavor profiles, kind of like the difference between smoking brisket (or any other meat) over hickory, versus oak, or pecan, or any other suitable wood. Would be interesting to start a small batch distillery using different woods.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
For bourbon to be bourbon, I do believe it has to be aged a minimum of 3 years in virgin charred oak barrels...but I'm not sure if it has to be a specific type of oak, or if they use different types of oak to achieve that flavor. If you like that vanilla flavor, and you don't mind dropping half a hundred, "Rabbit Hole" is a wonderfully smooth small batch, that has a slight vanilla finish.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Imitation vanilla (vanillin) is made from wood. As an FYI. So it all makes sense when you think about it.

For bourbon to be bourbon, I do believe it has to be aged a minimum of 3 years in virgin charred oak barrels...but I'm not sure if it has to be a specific type of oak, or if they use different types of oak to achieve that flavor. If you like that vanilla flavor, and you don't mind dropping half a hundred, "Rabbit Hole" is a wonderfully smooth small batch, that has a slight vanilla finish.

I'm on my way to the store right now. I won't get it today but will be looking to see if they got it. Might have to pick up a bottle for my private stash or special occasion.

This will be on your epitaph I suspect (with the cigar that killed you).

xfire

Made carnitas tonight with a side of sweet potato fries, didn't get a chance to take a pic. I'm having trouble switching from bourbon back to diet dr pepper, might not pick up any more booze for a while, I've gotten hammered every day for the last two weeks.

Made carnitas tonight with a side of sweet potato fries, didn't get a chance to take a pic. I'm having trouble switching from bourbon back to diet dr pepper, might not pick up any more booze for a while, I've gotten hammered every day for the last two weeks.
I always remember to take a pic when I'm almost finished eating, happens every time. Good luck on the drinkin break. Stay busy ;)